It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
I can,t find any video controls for the page autoplay! No volume...
Hey,

the newest GOG Galaxy update is here. We believe it should stabilize the process of installing/updating games after big change to internal Galaxy database structure few updates back and hopefully not introduced any new issues :)

In other notably changes, we've made acquiring GWENT more friendly for you. Previously to get GWENT, you've had to go through playgwent.com, now you can install it from Galaxy straight away, GWENT license will be given to you, as the game is free to play.

We have also introduced Korean and Chinese Traditional to languages with limited supported - more languages, more diversity, more fun!

재미있다
The FPS counter in GOG overlay seems to be showing the wrong numbers. I've tested it with No Man's Sky which seems to be the only game I own that can use the overlay, and I had rivatuner and fraps fps counters running simultaneously. With rivatuner running i set the fps limit to 60 to match my monitor refresh rate so fps should never go above 60 no matter what app im running.Now with fraps and rivatuner, the fps matched each other (only going up to 60 and dropping below) while the gog fps counter was almost always above 60 e.g fraps and rivtuner both showed 50 fps while gog's counter showed around 90 fps.
With the previous version I had issues trying to add already installed games (Balls of Steel, Oddworld), and I were stuck in the following situation:
- The game was added in the list (only until Galaxy was closed)
- The button "Play" was grey like ALL the other options (even the "import forlder")
- There was the blue label saying that an update was present, but the update option was doing nothing
- Trying to close/open Galaxy wasn't a solution

Now, with the new version, I happily added all my other preinstalled games without issues !! COOL !!

But the previous games I spoke about were still stuck in a limbo. :(

So, here are the instructions to solve the situation if someone has the same issues:

!!WARNING!! Do this only if you really know what you are doing, this is not a "for dummies" guide.

This SQLite DB must be modified "%ProgramData%\GOG.com\Galaxy\storage\galaxy.db"

In the ProductStates table, search for records with Installation=4 AND Operation=6
and put them both to 0

(If you really want to be sure that the record is for the stuck game, search the name of the game in the tables Details or AvailableLanguages or Builds or Products to find its productId)

Save the change and you are done, now you can try again the "import folder" for those games.
Post edited October 03, 2018 by powergod
The "Buy series" list on store pages isn't loading in Galaxy. When clicking the "next" arrow the games appear briefly but then disappear. Is there a way to clear the web cache for Galaxy? I think that might fix it

Also, when browsing all games in the store, the installed games tab takes up a bunch of space that hides more games to the right. Galaxy doesn't scale that good with 1366x768 laptop resolution, it sucks that things don't fit well on the screen.
I'm having problems with the new Galaxy update. Before the update, the Galaxy client was able to import Gog games into the client after I selected the folder, Galaxy identified the game, and integrated it into the system. Before the Oct. 2 update, I successfully imported an installation of Witcher 3 into the client this way.

After the update, I can't import ANY Gog games into Galaxy. I would direct the client to clear-cut installed gog games like 'Witcher 1' and 'Witcher 2' in the 'Gog games' folder, and the client would say 'No gog games found'.

Even after I re-install Witcher 1 and 2 with my backup standalone gog installers while galaxy is running, the client doesn't recognize the games.

What happened?
Post edited October 03, 2018 by sidv88
Hi. I am going to install GOG Galaxy soon, but I have some games installed already from GOG (manually).
Should I import them to GOG Galaxy manually or do the client auto-detect them?
Will there be any problems of any kind that I should be aware of?
Thanks for the help.
Scramble: Hi. I am going to install GOG Galaxy soon, but I have some games installed already from GOG (manually).
Thanks for the help.
First thing to do, if all the games are in the same folder, you can use the "GOG COM -> Scan and import folders" function and it will add all the ones that it's able to recognize. (Maybe this thing is asked after the client installation, I don't remember, but you can always launch it by hand when you want)

If some games are still not imported, you can go to the library, and for every single game do a "MORE -> Manage installation -> Import folder"

Also there is a cool setting in the client that makes you choose if downloads (offline installers & bonuses) should go in a different folder than the one used to install games.
Scramble: Hi. I am going to install GOG Galaxy soon, but I have some games installed already from GOG (manually).
Thanks for the help.
powergod: First thing to do, if all the games are in the same folder, you can use the "GOG COM -> Scan and import folders" function and it will add all the ones that it's able to recognize. (Maybe this thing is asked after the client installation, I don't remember, but you can always launch it by hand when you want)

If some games are still not imported, you can go to the library, and for every single game do a "MORE -> Manage installation -> Import folder"

Also there is a cool setting in the client that makes you choose if downloads (offline installers & bonuses) should go in a different folder than the one used to install games.
OK. Thanks a lot for the reply and the help! I am looking forward to give the GOG Galaxy client a try now. I guess it will be easier to manage the game collection with GOG Galaxy too.
What's the easiest way to download and play games with my friends without using another damn launcher? Is it going to get to the point where I have to open a separate launcher for every game? I thought gog was about no drm?
Are profiles and the activity feed only on Galaxy now?

My user name and those sections have vanished on the website, but are still available on Galaxy.

Edit: It must have been a bug. It is now fixed, thanks
Post edited October 05, 2018 by Garrett24601
Garrett24601: Are profiles and the activity feed only on Galaxy now?

My user name and those sections have vanished on the website, but are still available on Galaxy.

Edit: It must have been a bug. It is now fixed, thanks
From what I know, some website personalization features were disabled, due to high load, due to free game on GOG. :D Sorry for issues!
Currently experiencing a bug with GoG Galaxy in regards to be able to turn it off.
Basically since one of the last updates in the last week or two I have been unable to quit GoG Galaxy by pressing the exit command.
Basically when I want to turn it off I have to force quit in in the task manager because pressing exit does not do anything.
Currently experiencing a critical bug: whenever I try to log in Galaxy crashes and when I try to re-open it it crashes again as if it was stuck in a log in/crash loop.
Post edited October 06, 2018 by nicho.martini
Why i can't post a new threat in the fórum?