It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
I am attempting to play Avernum: Ruined World on your site. When I hit PLAY, it seems to attempt to start it but all I get is a black windowed screen then it stops working. Please explain to me what is going on and fix it.
Hmmm no Galaxy update in over a month.
I recently noticed that some, but not all, games are being alphabetized under the initial article. This includes some games that originally did not do that, such as "The Blackwell Epiphany." "The Blackwell Legacy" is correct however, listed as "Blackwell Legacy, The". Maybe there was a recent database update that messed up some of the listings?

However it happened, it's still a little annoying to have to look in two places in the list for games.
khay: Hi everybody.

I've been on GOG for a few years by now, but never used it much.
I've installed Galaxy and downloaded Assassins creed, Another World and Sanitarium and none of the three get launched in Galaxy. (New laptop W10, Ryzen processor, 8 Gb Ram, SSD...)

Any advice?
Thanks.
Do they work without Galaxy?
I am unable to report this using mantis.gog.com because Firefox gets caught in an infinite reloading/redirect loop on http://mantis.gog.com/my_view_page.php

Trying to install games with Galaxy is a crapshoot right now. Around half of my attempts to install games report an "Installation Failed" message once they are finished downloading. All of the following games report this error:

Battle Chess
Battle Chess 4000
Betrayal at Krondor
Clive Barker's Undying
Legend of Kyrandia: Book 2
Outlaws

I'm sure there are a bunch more. But basically it looks like around 50% of games report the error.

I am using Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit. Fully updated.
ThreeSon: I am unable to report this using mantis.gog.com because Firefox gets caught in an infinite reloading/redirect loop on http://mantis.gog.com/my_view_page.php

Trying to install games with Galaxy is a crapshoot right now. Around half of my attempts to install games report an "Installation Failed" message once they are finished downloading. All of the following games report this error:

Battle Chess
Battle Chess 4000
Betrayal at Krondor
Clive Barker's Undying
Legend of Kyrandia: Book 2
Outlaws

I'm sure there are a bunch more. But basically it looks like around 50% of games report the error.

I am using Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit. Fully updated.
Antivirus Software blocking them? I have the first three of the above installed without problem.
hohiro: Antivirus Software blocking them? I have the first three of the above installed without problem.
Sounded like a reasonable solution but... nope. The only active antivirus software I have running is Microsoft Security Essentials. I disabled real-time protection in the settings and attempted to reinstall the affected games, but the same error occurs.

Edit: I can't find a common denominator among the games having problems. For example, both Lure of the Temptress and Kyrandia Book 2 use ScummVM 2.0 for the game executable. Temptress installs but Kyrandia does not.

Similarly, Death Knights of Krynn and Eye of the Beholder both use DOSBox as well as sharing the same game engine. EotB installs okay. DKoK fails.
Post edited August 15, 2018 by ThreeSon
ThreeSon: ...
Take a look at the logs and report it? What could cause problems, but shouldnt, do you install in Prgram Files or a folder you dont have permissions to? If so maybe change Download and Game Folder in Galaxy and try again?
ThreeSon: ...
hohiro: Take a look at the logs and report it? What could cause problems, but shouldnt, do you install in Prgram Files or a folder you dont have permissions to? If so maybe change Download and Game Folder in Galaxy and try again?
Well, I have the "submit bug reports" option in the settings enabled, so hopefully the reports are being submitted automatically. I can't use the bug report form because the mantis.gog.com page will not load for me in Firefox.

I have administrator rights on the account I'm using, and I'm not changing any of the default installation settings for anything. Although I tried changing the installation folder to C:\temp just to make sure, and yeah that failed also.
How do you disable Galaxy? Until I loaded Bard's Tale, I never had to deal with it. It loaded and installed and I just want my games, not a mini-steam-alike.
Post edited August 15, 2018 by mad_crease
mad_crease: How do you disable Galaxy? Until I loaded Bard's Tale, I never had to deal with it. It loaded and installed and I just want my games, not a mini-steam-alike.
Uninstall it? Or if you want to have it on the comp, press the GOG Button and choose close. And for downloads choose the offline game installers which are right below the big button, just have to be expanded once.
I see that now downloading a game using GOG Galaxy is the default, and downloading like normal is listed as "download offline backup game installers." Since requiring a client is my main problem with Steam, I'm worried... Anybody know if GOG plans to move to requiring Galaxy?
Alianoraree: I see that now downloading a game using GOG Galaxy is the default, and downloading like normal is listed as "download offline backup game installers." Since requiring a client is my main problem with Steam, I'm worried... Anybody know if GOG plans to move to requiring Galaxy?
According to the Galaxy's page it will be kept optional.
I think here are some problems of compatibility with Memory integrity of Windows 10 1803 and GoG... Please check this (the news builds of Windows 10 will enable that feature as default...)

Please check also Secure Boot feature, that sometimes cause some troubles...
Post edited August 18, 2018 by FulVal
Alianoraree: I see that now downloading a game using GOG Galaxy is the default, and downloading like normal is listed as "download offline backup game installers." Since requiring a client is my main problem with Steam, I'm worried... Anybody know if GOG plans to move to requiring Galaxy?
Very probably not. But if you're concerned simply download the offline installers and stop buying here if they ever change that. You can keep the offline installers and still use the client for convenience, if you like (that's how I handle it).