It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
hinti21: How do I see if a game supports cloud, controller, etc?
I think by looking at the store page or library, it should be clear if there is support (which it is not now).
Maybe an icon for cloud, achievments, etc which is crossed out if the game has no support and is plain if the game does support the feature.
Use the filter under features, for instance here is games with cloud saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1

You can see features listed on the right in the store page near the system requirements, and all that info. I would love if they added icons, text is so bland and easily missed.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by BKGaming
hinti21: How do I see if a game supports cloud, controller, etc?
I think by looking at the store page or library, it should be clear if there is support (which it is not now).
Maybe an icon for cloud, achievments, etc which is crossed out if the game has no support and is plain if the game does support the feature.
BKGaming: Use the filter under features, for instance here is games with cloud saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1

You can see features listed on the right in the store page near the system requirements, and all that info. I would love if they added icons, text is so bland and easily missed.
Thanks, not so user-friendly but at least a work around^^
And how do I know if any of my games in the library support anything?
hinti21: And how do I know if any of my games in the library support anything?
Same thing... use the filters, click Library -> Features, and then you can can select cloud saves, overlay, etc.
hinti21: And how do I know if any of my games in the library support anything?
BKGaming: Same thing... use the filters, click Library -> Features, and then you can can select cloud saves, overlay, etc.
I noticed something about the filers; if I choose two options (e.g. controller support and cloud saves), its not like in a venn-diagramm that only games supporting both are shown, instead games that support either this or that are shown :/
hinti21: I noticed something about the filers; if I choose two options (e.g. controller support and cloud saves), its not like in a venn-diagramm that only games supporting both are shown, instead games that support either this or that are shown :/
Yea I only select one feature at a time and search through them... it could be better for sure.
hinti21: I noticed something about the filers; if I choose two options (e.g. controller support and cloud saves), its not like in a venn-diagramm that only games supporting both are shown, instead games that support either this or that are shown :/
BKGaming: Yea I only select one feature at a time and search through them... it could be better for sure.
hm, thats kind of weak^^
thanks for your help!
HI guys, since the 1.2.6, i can't even connect to my profile on gog galaxy. Each time, it's telling me that " an error occured during signing in".
I tried to be connected on GOG.com, to reinstall gog galaxy several times.
Do you know how to resolve that ?

thanks
Hey All, anybody else having an issue with the backups and goodies - Backup installer for any game availible in Galaxy. I try to download an installer and it goes to fail withn 10 seconds and complains of server problems, I had no problem with this feature before the 1.2.6 update.

if I attempt to download the installer via the GOG website via firefox, it works as it was intended. I also have no issues with just installing a game in galaxy outright, it downloads and installs, but I prefer using the backup installers via galaxy for archival purposes and it seems to use less data cap than when installing via gog galaxy.

Thanks
zmagnum: Hey All, anybody else having an issue with the backups and goodies - Backup installer for any game availible in Galaxy. I try to download an installer and it goes to fail withn 10 seconds and complains of server problems, I had no problem with this feature before the 1.2.6 update.

if I attempt to download the installer via the GOG website via firefox, it works as it was intended. I also have no issues with just installing a game in galaxy outright, it downloads and installs, but I prefer using the backup installers via galaxy for archival purposes and it seems to use less data cap than when installing via gog galaxy.

Thanks
I just tested it. I did not manage to see any progress in the progressbar indicator. However the backup installer was still downloaded fine.

Edit: Trying again with a biger game and it seems to work fine atm.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by MarkoH01
I always used GOG because it was DRM free. I don't have, and never will have a Steam account. I never buy from ther Humble store because almost all the games require Steam, GOG was the one place I could go and buy games, make backups and deal in an honest and direct manner. That is no longer the case.

When I tried to use Galaxy and install it, it failed four times to launch despite being installed and reinstalled four times, so now I guess I am screwed at downloading the rest of my library and no longer have any reason to purchase games from GOG.

Now that GOG has decided to go complete DRM BS on customers, tell me again why, or give me just one good reason why, I shouldn't just rip off The Witcher III DRM-free pre-galaxy copy from the internet?

And GOG can no longer claim because they are a good company that supports DRM-free practices or because the company and its people deserve to be treated fairly after this bait-and-switch shit.
MajicMan: I always used GOG because it was DRM free. I don't have, and never will have a Steam account. I never buy from ther Humble store because almost all the games require Steam, GOG was the one place I could go and buy games, make backups and deal in an honest and direct manner. That is no longer the case.

When I tried to use Galaxy and install it, it failed four times to launch despite being installed and reinstalled four times, so now I guess I am screwed at downloading the rest of my library and no longer have any reason to purchase games from GOG.

Now that GOG has decided to go complete DRM BS on customers, tell me again why, or give me just one good reason why, I shouldn't just rip off The Witcher III DRM-free pre-galaxy copy from the internet?

And GOG can no longer claim because they are a good company that supports DRM-free practices or because the company and its people deserve to be treated fairly after this bait-and-switch shit.
First of all you can install your games without Galaxy this has not changed, and it isn't going to change. GOG has made this clear. Second, if you tell us more about the issue you are having, maybe one us can help you or point you in the right direction.
MajicMan: I always used GOG because it was DRM free. I don't have, and never will have a Steam account. I never buy from ther Humble store because almost all the games require Steam, GOG was the one place I could go and buy games, make backups and deal in an honest and direct manner. That is no longer the case.
There are several games on humble that are offered DRM-free as well. Browse the game catalogue and filter only DRM-free and you will see.

MajicMan: When I tried to use Galaxy and install it, it failed four times to launch despite being installed and reinstalled four times, so now I guess I am screwed at downloading the rest of my library and no longer have any reason to purchase games from GOG.
Like it was already postet, this is not the case. You can still download your games using the browser or you can even use GOG downloader (at least for me it still works) which you can get here:
www.gog.com/downloder

MajicMan: Now that GOG has decided to go complete DRM BS on customers, tell me again why, or give me just one good reason why, I shouldn't just rip off The Witcher III DRM-free pre-galaxy copy from the internet?
1) They did not - they already stated that the non Galaxy installers will stay - so Galaxy will stay optional (don't know how long they'll keep their promise - but for now that is the status quo).

2) Because it still would be illegal and ripping of the payment for the work of several people who have worked on the game. Even if GOG really would have integrated DRM this still would not be a be a reason to pirate anything. If somebody on the street would do something you don't like it still would not be correct to break and enter his home and steal sth. would it?
Post edited May 13, 2017 by MarkoH01
Hi guys sorry to repost my problem, but i can't find any solutions.

just FIY : i'm on WIndows 7 64 bits.

My problem is that i can't loggon on gog galaxy.

Since the 1.2.6, GOG Galaxy have been unusable for me. When i'm lauching it, after a while, a pop up tell me that " There was a problem with updatin the application. You can always download the latest version from: " which i did.
But the installer tell me that my gog galaxy is up to date.

When i launch anyway the program, i can't login my account.
At each time, Galaxy tell me that an error occured during the signining in .

I tried to reinstall gog galaxy 3 times.

Did one of u have the same problem ?

Thanks for help.
Koyuk: Hi guys sorry to repost my problem, but i can't find any solutions.

Since the 1.2.6, GOG Galaxy have been unusable for me. When i'm lauching it, after a while, a pop up tell me that " There was a problem with updatin the application. You can always download the latest version from: " which i did.

Thanks for help.
Recently, I had the "problem updating the application" error when my internet was down. It seems the error is misleading: it doesn't only show up when there's an update and it couldn't download it, but also when it can't tell if there's an update at all. They should really have two different messages.

In short, given my experience and the fact that you're having errors signing in, your computer/internet probably has some sort of connection problem?
Koyuk: Hi guys sorry to repost my problem, but i can't find any solutions.

Thanks for help.
Blackdrazon: Recently, I had the "problem updating the application" error when my internet was down. It seems the error is misleading: it doesn't only show up when there's an update and it couldn't download it, but also when it can't tell if there's an update at all. They should really have two different messages.

In short, given my experience and the fact that you're having errors signing in, your computer/internet probably has some sort of connection problem?
I don't have any problem about my connexion. I'm connecting at steam at the same time.