It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Johny.: We are preparing something very special for you all, and we're working hard on Galaxy Client now. :) Works didn't slow down - just the opposite. We will not share details about changes that are incoming, though.
I don't want it to sound like I am not appreciative of what GOG is doing. I love Galaxy and I am critical of it because I love it and I would love to see it improve. I am excited by what is to come and I am more than thrilled that you guys have something very special planned.

However, I feel this needs to be said. You guys need to learn a thing or two from Valve. I know they are the elephant in the room and god knows GOG does a lot of things better but we can't take an honest look at GOG and not compare you to the competition.

Valve is no better when it comes to slow progress. They might even be worse. But they can afford to be, they already have a feature rich client built on over 10 years of features. GOG can not.

But where Valve is 10x better than GOG is communication. They might not directly communicate with users much, but they have a blog where they keep their users very informed about what is to come. They give their users something to look forward to, and I can not express how important that is to keeping users interested in your product. GOG would greatly benefit by doing something similar.

They announced months ago, maybe even closer to a year ago that Steam would get a UI refresh. They then released their new and improved chat on their beta channel. They didn't hold it back to have some large client UI update. Once it was ready to be tested and used they put it out there to the community.

This is the complete opposite of GOG. You hold features back. You wait until you get everything done and then release a large update. This takes over a year or more. In that time we are left with nothing to look forward to, and the end result usually ends up being a bug fest with very little testing.

GOG get's zero feedback during the development process. Major bugs usually exist after a large update is released to the public at large. This is a disservice to the GOG Galaxy developers, GOG itself, and especially the userbase.

GOG underutilizing the beta channel and not being more open about what is being worked on is a disservice to us all. I literally have very little interest in Galaxy right now, and that is mainly because I've been seeing the same thing for over a year now with no major improvements. The only thing I know of about v1.3 is that it's being worked on. That's it.

I have 10x more interest in what Valve is doing right now and I don't even use Steam very much...
Post edited June 16, 2018 by BKGaming
BKGaming: ...
^This very much. A dev blog would be awesome.
toxicTom: ^This very much. A dev blog would be awesome.
Not even just a blog for Dev stuff. Just GOG stuff in general. How much nicer would it be to have blog post about new installers or games removed from sale or other GOG related announcements that could be tied into the notification system. Every post could send a bell notice in the menu bar.

Instead of some obscure forum post that hardly anybody ever looks at, meaning most GOG users are uninformed about.
Post edited June 15, 2018 by BKGaming
BKGaming: Not even just a blog for Dev stuff. Just GOG stuff in general. How much nicer would it be to have blog post about new installers or games removed from sale or other GOG related announcements that could be tied into the notification system. Every post could send a bell notice in the menu bar.

Instead of some obscure forum post that hardly anybody ever looks at, meaning most GOG users are uninformed about.
Also agreed. That would be very nice. But I somehow have the feeling they're too undermanned to do that, and also I sometimes have the impression communication inside GOG is not the best. Like every one is tending to their own little construction site and the big picture is... absent. The left hand is not knowing what the right one does.
Absolutely!
It's getting better lately, but The Great G-blog sounds like something we're missing here.
No worries, you don't have to share your blood type and shoe size. Just enough we should know about.
Well, let be it a bit more than just enough ; ) Keep in touch with us!
We should know beforehand if something like merging games in our libraries coming! (Penumbra case!)
One more thing, could you provide us an official Galaxy cleaning tool?
So far I'm pointing to manual solution: Cant reinstall GOG because some files remain
I don't think, however, it is a best idea for an average user..

edit:
Please, make it small and simple. WinAPI is good enough for such a tool : )
Post edited June 16, 2018 by mike_cesara
I DON'T WANT GALAXY AND NEVER WILL!

It's ridiculous how GOG is trying to force Galaxy on us. Now if we want to download a game there is a BIG BLUE BUTTON to download the game with Galaxy. If we want it to download without it, there is text in small letters with "disadvantages" listed. Only a matter of time until they force Galaxy as the only option (= DRM), so no difference to Steam anymore. Then I stop buying games on GOG. No problem to me, there are other things in life I also want to do.
Again.. Click on the arrow located below The Big Blue Button to get the access to offline backup installers.. (check attached image)

GOG: Make offline installers more visible! (The Big Green Button perhaps? ; )) Even better, make mentioned blue button smaller. We're a bit tired of copy/paste the same answer several times in a day. This is getting ridiculous indeed..
Attachments:
offline.jpg (215 Kb)
Post edited June 17, 2018 by mike_cesara
Johny.: We will definitely aim to get this fixed. :) This is important for us too.

Try now and let us now how's your OTS after that. ;)
Warrgarbl: Not to be nitpicky, but now it is as follows:

Das schwarze Auge 2: Sternenschweif
Das Schwarze Auge 3: Schatten über Riva (mind the capitalization of Schwarze)
Das schwarze Auge: Die Schicksalsklinge

It's not sorted in order of release, and the schwarze is incorrectly capitalized once. Personally, I'd prefer the following:

Das schwarze Auge 1: Die Schicksalsklinge
Das schwarze Auge 2: Sternenschweif
Das schwarze Auge 3: Schatten über Riva

If you could do that it would be super awesome :)
I second this. It'd be nice if we had more options for sorting our libraries.
I might be stupid but is there any faster/easier way to download "goodies" for multiple games? The only ways I have been able to find require lots of clicks which is really annoying. With the original downloader it was somewhat easier and required less clicks.

Would be great if there was option to select multiple games and tell Galaxy to download all goodies from the selected games.
rihkama: I might be stupid but is there any faster/easier way to download "goodies" for multiple games? The only ways I have been able to find require lots of clicks which is really annoying. With the original downloader it was somewhat easier and required less clicks.

Would be great if there was option to select multiple games and tell Galaxy to download all goodies from the selected games.
I agree, it would be great if there was an option to download all the goodies from multiple games in just a few clicks!

Although I'm not sure you're right about the original Downloader needing less clicks. Here's the fastest route I'm aware of for both programs:

Galaxy: Click game in Galaxy [loads] -> More -> Backup & Goodies -> 1 Click for each Goodie [downloads immediately].
Downloader: Click game in browser [loads] -> More -> GOG Downloader Links [browser loads GOG Downloader page] -> 1 Click for each Goodie [Downloader takes a few second to register request].

Looks like the exact same number of clicks via virtually the same process, with a few seconds more loading for the Downloader. Of course, after you're done downloading, Galaxy forces you to manually navigate to your files (this part's going to depend on where you put them), but GOG Downloader has a button that brings you there immediately. I can't believe GOG hasn't included a simple button to get to your downloads in Galaxy! If that's what you're talking about, then I get it!

Or are you talking about some unofficial downloader, or downloading via browser?
Post edited June 18, 2018 by Blackdrazon
The pop-up message(aka Notifications) of GOG Galaxy down-right(default position) is taking focus away from current window. Pretty annoying.
Post edited June 18, 2018 by linax3
Hey, I just started using GOG today, and so far it seems pretty nice. One thing I noticed, however, is the apparent lack of many customisation options and the not so clean UI of GOG Galaxy. It seems that it is largely just the website integrated into a client that has some extra functionality. Will there be any imroved GUI or a more developed profile page and social system?
I can't use mouse right click in gog galaxy. No copy and paste is limiting the usefulness of the forums via gog galaxy.
Post edited June 18, 2018 by DavidOrion93
DavidOrion93: I can't use mouse right click in gog galaxy. No copy and paste is limiting the usefulness of the forums via gog galaxy.
Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V still works though : )