It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Why the new gog client looks horrible?
View changes when I have focus on an element makes element sharper but mouse out off element shapness is very low.

Why?

BR
Attachments:
high.png (177 Kb)
low.png (245 Kb)
Fallen_Zen: Hello,

This might have been a quiet change (I agree, we'll do better next time) but unfortunately we need to use latest APIs to support new features. We're currently supporting macOS 10.11+ as it clearly states on gog.com/galaxy. What stops you guys from upgrading to at least 10.11?
Well, if there is anything to take away from this, it's that jumping your minimum OS requirements by 3 versions (10.8 to 10.11) which is a jump spanning 3 years (10.8 was 2012, 10.11 came out in 2015) shouldn't be done quietly or stealthily.

As well, giving customers an opportunity to NOT upgrade (even at the loss of features) by warning them first should be a key feature so as not to irritate your user base.

In some cases, people just won't be able to upgrade, as their Mac may be too old for the more current release of the OS.
Carnzoid: Yeah what the hell, I tried to start up GOG on 10.9 and it just doesn't start, I had to search for a while to find out that the minimum OS requirement of GOG changed. No warning whatsoever. Why was it done in such a sneaky way?

This might have been a quiet change (I agree, we'll do better next time) but unfortunately we need to use latest APIs to support new features. We're currently supporting macOS 10.11+ as it clearly states on gog.com/galaxy. What stops you guys from upgrading to at least 10.11?
I always prefer to wait a few years with upgrading OS versions because I run specialized image/video editing software that tends to break on the newest OS'es. Takes me a while to be sure to upgrade. 10.9 has been working fine so far so I left it at that. I understand the need from GOGs side though. The only thing is that this was a quiet update, so I wasn't prepared at all. Thank you for your response.
Do you EVER plan to even LOOK at my issue reported MULTIPLE TIMES? I am starting to wonder if I will still be alive until I even get a reply.

Just look here.

This will probably been ignored the way it was ignored last time and the way my mantis entry for Titan Quest (error message when quitting game - only in Galaxy) was ignored but you know what they say about hope.

So far Galaxy support sucks big time and I am through with being friendly and talking friendly. I have contacted normal support multiple times, got my reply and mostly the issue was fixed or forwarded to product team. Whenever I report some Galaxy related issue in mantis NOTHING happens.
Post edited February 08, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Do you EVER plan to even LOOK at my issue reported MULTIPLE TIMES? I am starting to wonder if I will still be alive until I even get a reply.

Just look here.

This will probably been ignored the way it was ignored last time and the way my mantis entry for Titan Quest (error message when quitting game - only in Galaxy) was ignored but you know what they say about hope.

So far Galaxy support sucks big time and I am through with being friendly and talking friendly. I have contacted normal support multiple times, got my reply and mostly the issue was fixed or forwarded to product team. Whenever I report some Galaxy related issue in mantis NOTHING happens.
Think mine is only assigned. Been like two months. xd
Galaxy overlay is so broken for me.

Strongblade: Well, if there is anything to take away from this, it's that jumping your minimum OS requirements by 3 versions (10.8 to 10.11) which is a jump spanning 3 years (10.8 was 2012, 10.11 came out in 2015) shouldn't be done quietly or stealthily.

As well, giving customers an opportunity to NOT upgrade (even at the loss of features) by warning them first should be a key feature so as not to irritate your user base.

In some cases, people just won't be able to upgrade, as their Mac may be too old for the more current release of the OS.
So the rest of us can't enjoy an updated Galaxy, because a few people can't update their OS? Don't hold the rest of us back, whiners!
who gives a rats behind about galaxy anyway. if people wanted an annoying client they should go back to steam where they came from.
Post edited February 10, 2018 by robertgg
robertgg: who gives a rats behind about galaxy anyway. if people wanted an annoying client they should go back to steam where they came from.
Who gives a rats behind what you think? Show us on the doll where the bad Galaxy hurt you.
Carnzoid: Yeah what the hell, I tried to start up GOG on 10.9 and it just doesn't start, I had to search for a while to find out that the minimum OS requirement of GOG changed. No warning whatsoever. Why was it done in such a sneaky way?

Hey Fallen_Zen,

how's your hammer hanging? so now the minimum requirements are OS X 10.11 but no official announcement?

great work there bud. keep it up you're so cool!
Attachments:
Meanwhile im so absolutely pissed that im close to deinstall that shit. Each 2, maybe 3 games in Gwent i get the message "service interrupted. pls check ur connection". But not only Gwent is fucked then cause i cant relog, NO, my entire internet is fucked after that. so i can play barely 30mins and then sitting in the dark for roughly an hour. Gonna stop using that bullshit now until u fix that mess!!!!
trooper6: So, ever since I updated to 1.2.29, I've been having trouble with Galaxy.

Specifically, I start Galaxy, then after a few moments a get a pop up message that reads:
(%appName%—Error, Connection to Communication Service was lost and could not be restored! GOG Galaxy will now shutdown)

Then it shuts down. What to do about this? Do I just wait for a new update? Is there something else I can do?

I'm on a Mac running OX10.13.1
GoodFastCheap: I am having the same problem with the latest Galaxy 1.2.34 running on macOS 10.13.3.
An update: I've installed Galaxy 1.2.37 on two different Macs running macOS 10.13.3, and it seems to be running okay on both.

I've added this note to Issue 5534.

While I'm here, though, a more general question: does Galaxy's Cloud Sync do anything with save files that isn't already done if my entire Documents folder is synced by iCloud Drive?
GoodFastCheap: I am having the same problem with the latest Galaxy 1.2.34 running on macOS 10.13.3.
GoodFastCheap: An update: I've installed Galaxy 1.2.37 on two different Macs running macOS 10.13.3, and it seems to be running okay on both.

I've added this note to Issue 5534.

While I'm here, though, a more general question: does Galaxy's Cloud Sync do anything with save files that isn't already done if my entire Documents folder is synced by iCloud Drive?
It syncs per GOG.com user. I don't know if this specific game store saves in the Documents folder. For some games it syncs also the game configs. You can always go to MORE->backups&goodies and download your cloud saves copy to check what it syncs exactly for your game. :)
Now the blurry font rendering hit me too... I could swear it still was fine yesterday.
Johny.: You can always go to MORE->backups&goodies and download your cloud saves copy to check what it syncs exactly for your game. :)
Good to know, thanks :-)
Post edited February 13, 2018 by toxicTom
Galaxy just crashed on me using v1.2.37... report can be found here.
Post edited February 16, 2018 by BKGaming
I'm disabling GOG Galaxy from starting with windows. It's always using around 5-10% even minimized. I don't know why. It should be completely idle if I'm not doing anything with it.