It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Lunar_Anomaly: As of latest patch, Galaxy isn't even starting for me. I click the icon and nothing happens. Tried to reinstall it but to no avail.
hohiro: You could take a look into the json files in C:\programdata\gog.com\galaxy with a text editor. They should have plain text in them.
For me one of these files (communication_config.json) was corrupt on my laptop and deleting it made Galaxy rebuild it and start normally again.
you are genius. I have not been able to start Galaxy to update Gwent for ages. This fixed it
Lunar_Anomaly: As of latest patch, Galaxy isn't even starting for me. I click the icon and nothing happens. Tried to reinstall it but to no avail.
hohiro: You could take a look into the json files in C:\programdata\gog.com\galaxy with a text editor. They should have plain text in them.
For me one of these files (communication_config.json) was corrupt on my laptop and deleting it made Galaxy rebuild it and start normally again.
Thank you for this!

I've had this issue a few times now and I had uninstalled / reinstalled Galaxy (without much other trouble for the games I have installed, but still quite annoying to have to go through) and this fixed it for me this time! The file was blank, I deleted it, relaunched Galaxy, and now it's populated with this:

{
"environmentType" : "prod",
"region" : "Global"
}

And now galaxy launches again! I don't the underlying problem is solved, but at least it's correctable.
I'm glad it's working for everyone. I shall try myself in a bit.

UPDATE: I deleted all the .json files. The client performs an update check and then nothing's happening again.
If I check Task Manager I see it running but I can't access it. I don't understand this at all, it was working fine a week ago and then suddenly it stopped. I'm kind of glad it isn't really necessary to have it, but I like to keep my savefiles on the Cloud.
Post edited January 07, 2018 by Lunar_Anomaly
Hi guys!
So i'm in a dormitory, and the only internet connection is through a proxy server. I tried running GOG Galaxy and it is not allowing me to connect to server, or to log in. I suspect it is because of the proxy. So my question is, is there any way to connect through it, or maybe to input proxy settings into Galaxy? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm trying to get back into Gwent, since i haven't played it in a while.
WarTamer: Hi guys!
So i'm in a dormitory, and the only internet connection is through a proxy server. I tried running GOG Galaxy and it is not allowing me to connect to server, or to log in. I suspect it is because of the proxy. So my question is, is there any way to connect through it, or maybe to input proxy settings into Galaxy? Thanks in advance.

I doubt you'll get a reply from GOG staff in this thread, since proxy/VPN is always a sensitive topic when it comes to regional pricing because those technologies basically allow one to obscure the real location.

My suggestion is to contact GOG support via the feedback form and explain your situation to them. Maybe they have a way to deactivate the proxy/VPN control for your account or "unlock" the specific proxy's IP address.
Post edited January 08, 2018 by ChrisSZ
WarTamer: Hi guys!

ChrisSZ: I doubt you'll get a reply from GOG staff in this thread, since proxy/VPN is always a sensitive topic when it comes to regional pricing because those technologies basically allow one to obscure the real location.

My suggestion is to contact GOG support via the feedback form and explain your situation to them. Maybe they have a way to deactivate the proxy/VPN control for your account or "unlock" the specific proxy's IP address.
Thanks! I'll try that.
I may be in the minority, but I think GOG Galaxy is pretty damn slick.
even I think GOG Galaxy is actually cool.
Hi All,
we have just released new version of Gog Galaxy.
It includes optimizations and bugfixes in Galaxy SDK module.
psikorski: Hi All,
we have just released new version of Gog Galaxy.
It includes optimizations and bugfixes in Galaxy SDK module.
Erm, so Galaxy updated and some of my games disappeared (looks like mostly the disney games, like Lion King, Jungle Book, etc.). Scan and import is also failing to import them now.
Post edited January 10, 2018 by BKGaming
Is it intentional for there to be no search icon next to the shopping cart in GOG Galaxy, compared to the GOG page on the web? As far as I can tell I first need to search my library before being presented with the option to search the store with my query. Just feels like an odd extra step compared to the instant results on the web version.

Bit of a nitpick I suppose, but just wanted to give a little feedback.
Post edited January 10, 2018 by TheGreatDustpan
TheGreatDustpan: Is it intentional for there to be no search icon next to the shopping cart in GOG Galaxy, compared to the GOG page on the web? As far as I can tell I first need to search my library before being presented with the option to search the store with my query. Just feels like an odd extra step compared to the instant results on the web version.

Bit of a nitpick I suppose, but just wanted to give a little feedback.
The search bar is on the left in Galaxy above your game list. Type what you want to find in there and it will search the store if it's not in your library.

EDIT: Though having read this a second time that may have what you were reffering too, the library part threw me off because the game list is simply installed games, the "find in store" button is always available as soon as your start typing though.

I agree the web version is a bit better...
I have already mentioned it last year, but please make so that GOG Galaxy update is only made by user command in the menu (e.g. in the settings make a box to activate/deactivate 'Automatic updates') . I find it a nuisance to wait once in awhile for 20 minutes or so with WiFi connection before downloading or playing the games via the interface.

Downloading/updating the game - double clicking the game icon - play: the steps to play the game should go as fast as possible.

In your reply last year you said 'it's because of security reasons', but WHATEVER the reasons are, I can only assume it's a nuisance not just for me but for a lot of players.

Note: Mine is not a complain but only a constructive suggestion, I'm very happy with GOG and the quality of its games.

[EDIT]
Also I have to feed my firewall on every update it seems, although I set it to 'recall'. Recently the update just shut down and I am unable to re-launch Galaxy. Too much 'security' to my taste for playing games...

Cheers,
Post edited January 10, 2018 by XenonS
XenonS: I have already mentioned it last year, but please make so that GOG Galaxy update is only made by user command in the menu (e.g. in the settings make a box to activate/deactivate 'Automatic updates') . I find it a nuisance to wait once in awhile for 20 minutes or so with WiFi connection before downloading or playing the games via the interface.

Downloading/updating the game - double clicking the game icon - play: the steps to play the game should go as fast as possible.

In your reply last year you said 'it's because of security reasons', but WHATEVER the reasons are, I can only assume it's a nuisance not just for me but for a lot of players.

Note: Mine is not a complain but only a constructive suggestion, I'm very happy with GOG and the quality of its games.

Cheers,
Hey while I don't recommend personally using older versions of Galaxy, GOG has since stated they can block outdated versions from connecting on their end (which I kind of assumed but at-least now it was confirmed) so I don't feel as bad about telling you this.

You can use the /runWithoutUpdating command line switch on the desktop shortcut to prevent Galaxy from updating. But as I said, eventually GOG may or may not prevent a really old version from connecting... but that will allow you to use Galaxy online without updating. I assume it still works.
Hi BKGaming,
ok thanks. What I forgot to say is that , of course, GG gets better and I'm updating it. But I just would like to chose the 'right' moment :)

Salutations,