It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
darkangelz: Select blackguards in the galaxy sidebar go to more --> backups and extras and the installer listed is 5.3GB. if you install directly from galaxy it will download the full uncompressed files thats why you see 17 GB
Dralel: Doesn't that just download the standalone .exe though? Unless Galaxy auto-installs it?
Yes it just downloads the .exe just the same as from http or the gog downloader, you have to manually install after download or backup to whataver solution you have.
Dralel: Doesn't that just download the standalone .exe though? Unless Galaxy auto-installs it?
darkangelz: Yes it just downloads the .exe just the same as from http or the gog downloader, you have to manually install after download or backup to whataver solution you have.
Ah okay thanks, I was hoping Galaxy would just let me choose to not install all these extra languages off the bat. >_>
Johny.: It might change in the future to be more seamless (people probably used to other clients that force it), but this is the case. If you're using the desktop icon - it will take you straight to your game without GOG Galaxy time tracking, overlay, cloud saves sync trigger (it will sync later of course) etc. So if you'd uninstall GOG Galaxy (for some crazy reason!) this icon still works.
I recommend running your games through in-Galaxy play option. :)
Hmm perhaps allow us to add some shortcut parameters that will do this (if that's possible)? And maybe give a drop down menu option during install to choose between a non Galaxy shortcut and a Galaxy-powered shortcut w/ the default being a non Galaxy shortcut?

Just putting that out there... you know for the future. :P
Post edited May 01, 2017 by BKGaming
rignes: Has anyone else noticed that the cloud sync of saves only happens when launching a game from within the Galaxy Client itself? In other words, if I used the desktop icon created during the install to launch the game I get neither the cloud sync nor the overlay.

Is this expected behavior?
Johny.: It might change in the future to be more seamless (people probably used to other clients that force it), but this is the case. If you're using the desktop icon - it will take you straight to your game without GOG Galaxy time tracking, overlay, cloud saves sync trigger (it will sync later of course) etc. So if you'd uninstall GOG Galaxy (for some crazy reason!) this icon still works.
I recommend running your games through in-Galaxy play option. :)
Is there any plan for allowing shortcuts to launch the game through Galaxy, like steam does with steamid# shortcuts? The reason it would be beneficial for me, is that I use Launchbox's BigBox to catalog all of my games, and also as a front end for a PC based arcade cabinet. If I buy a GOG game, then I will have to forgo cloud saves working between my main gaming pc and my arcade cabinet.

I wouldn't want all shortcuts to be forced to run the game through Galaxy at all, but could they optionally?
Dralel: Nah, what I mean is:

In Galaxy, when I go to my library to download Blackguards, Galaxy tells me it will be a 17 GB download in order for me to play it.

Using a HTTP (browser) download, I only need to download 3 individual links adding up to 4 GB.

So what I want to know is if Galaxy enables me to download games without the additional language files so that I only download 4 GB and not 17 GB.
darkangelz: Select blackguards in the galaxy sidebar go to more --> backups and extras and the installer listed is 5.3GB. if you install directly from galaxy it will download the full uncompressed files thats why you see 17 GB
So the download with Galaxy still is much bigger than simply downloading the backup installer? And GOG is wondering why people still prefer those installers? I don't use Galaxy to download my games so I did not notice yet - I thought they already had implemented a sort of compression algorythm ... guess I was wrong.
Downloading installers on Galaxy now take ages just to initiate the download.
Post edited May 01, 2017 by MIK0
Are GOG's servers like dying right now? These cloud saves having a bigger impact than anticipated or something? Ever since GOG started rolling out cloud saves last week their servers have went to poo.

I keep getting site issues (today) and my logs on Galaxy are filled with a butch of server warning's like:

2017-05-01 15:29:18.492 [Warning][SubSystem shortTasks thread (2)]: Error 404 while checking game ownership...
2017-05-01 15:37:55.582 [Error][ (0)]: [JS] Error: gameAchievementsFetcher error: 500 Internal Server Error, for...
2017-05-01 15:37:55.694 [Warning][ (0)]: [JS] Error getting data from server: 500, Internal Server Error, for...
Cant connect to GOG Galaxy for the past 10minutes

Anyone else have any issues?
armitom: Cant connect to GOG Galaxy for the past 10minutes

I'm still connected but they most definitely seem to be having some server issues...

Can't access my library from Galaxy. I can access the store.

justanoldgamer: Can't access my library from Galaxy. I can access the store.
Library loaded for me... but it took quite a few seconds. Just sat there and spun for a while.
Same, can't connect, for past few minutes been trying. Fresh boot.

Update: Worked after about 5-6 minutes of retrying the "Connect now" button and restarting the app.
Post edited May 01, 2017 by Tikanjiah
justanoldgamer: Can't access my library from Galaxy. I can access the store.
BKGaming: Library loaded for me... but it took quite a few seconds. Just sat there and spun for a while.
For me it spun for a while then get a screen saying "LOADING TIMEOUT" with a "RETRY NOW" button.
I'm gonna quit trying for a while.

Same here. Couldn't connect at all for almost 10 minutes. Got through just now, though.
BKGaming: Library loaded for me... but it took quite a few seconds. Just sat there and spun for a while.
justanoldgamer: For me it spun for a while then get a screen saying "LOADING TIMEOUT" with a "RETRY NOW" button.
I'm gonna quit trying for a while.
Yea as I said above, my logs show nothing but server warnings/errors... nothing we can do really until they sort it out. I just wonder if it's because of the roll out of cloud saves. There servers seem to have been taken a hit since last week.