It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
It isn't a secret that in order to play most of the newly released AAA titles or basically any other newly released games, you are forced to have Steam acc. So if Galaxy is successful and maybe more new/this decade's games would come to GOG. Is there any chance if we would buy game here, which we have already "owned" on steam, that we would be able to sync our achievements/hiscores?
P.S. Yeah, I know that achievements mean nothing but still (or maybe it will mean or give something here) :P
Post edited March 08, 2015 by IDeivis
I just downloaded Galaxy on my Mac, and after it updated itself on first run, I am receiving an error:

"Failed to load game database."

Files: please see the attached image.

Is this normal?
Attachments:
kojocel: I just downloaded Galaxy on my Mac, and after it updated itself on first run, I am receiving an error:

"Failed to load game database."

Files: please see the attached image.

Is this normal?
This is a known issue. We're gonna be releasing a new version of the client on Monday (hopefully) and it has that bug fixed. But in the mean time you can use this solution: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=1126.
Fallen_Zen: This is a known issue. We're gonna be releasing a new version of the client on Monday (hopefully) and it has that bug fixed. But in the mean time you can use this solution: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=1126.
Thank you very much for the info!

Have a nice evening.
IDeivis: It isn't a secret that in order to play most of the newly released AAA titles or basically any other newly released games, you are forced to have Steam acc. So if Galaxy is successful and maybe more new/this decade's games would come to GOG. Is there any chance if we would buy game here, which we have already "owned" on steam, that we would be able to sync our achievements/hiscores?
P.S. Yeah, I know that achievements mean nothing but still (or maybe it will mean or give something here) :P
Probably not, that info would be stored on Steams servers and GOG is competition. I can't wait for the achievements myself either though,I know some games have achievements now on GOG but it's just not the same without a profile, ect, to show off what achievements you have gotten. I know it not everyone's thing, but they add something to a game in my opinion and was one thing I really missed when I left Steam.

I just wish GOG could tell us which (if any) games currently sold on GOG that have achievements will have full integration with the Galaxy API meaning our achievements will show in Galaxy and sync to their servers.
Post edited March 09, 2015 by BKGaming
Fallen_Zen: snip
This is a known issue. We're gonna be releasing a new version of the client on Monday (hopefully) and it has that bug fixed. But in the mean time you can use this solution: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=1126.
Hopefully we are getting a new build today, I'm excited to beta test
IDeivis: It isn't a secret that in order to play most of the newly released AAA titles or basically any other newly released games, you are forced to have Steam acc. So if Galaxy is successful and maybe more new/this decade's games would come to GOG. Is there any chance if we would buy game here, which we have already "owned" on steam, that we would be able to sync our achievements/hiscores?
BKGaming: Probably not, that info would be stored on Steams servers and GOG is competition. I can't wait for the achievements myself either though,I know some games have achievements now on GOG but it's just not the same without a profile, ect, to show off what achievements you have gotten. I know it not everyone's thing, but they add something to a game in my opinion and was one thing I really missed when I left Steam.
I can't see how synchronizing achievements between Steam and GOG would affect any competition between the two platforms, it's just data not bank funds or anything. The Steam APIs make this information available to client applications so anyone can access it and GOG certainly could do so as well (although they'd have to link to Valve's Steam APIs to do so). Many web apps already access this kind of information through the Steam APIs. Whether they would consider doing something like that or not is unlikely to have anything to do with competition but more to do with customer demand for such a feature and whether it is the best use of their developer resources or whether they've got more important features to develop that matter to a lot wider customer base for their finite manpower.

GOG's Galaxy announcement and followup interviews and Twitch videos etc. have indicated that they plan on implementing an Achievements system, so it is highly likely we'll see that at some point unless they find a reason to change their minds. Then it's more or less up to individual game developers whether they wish to utilize the GOG achievements system or not with their games. Games that do not have any Galaxy functionality wont have these features either unless the developer of the game updates it to have optional Galaxy support for these features. I would imagine that it might also be up to the developer as to whether or not they wish to allow people to synchronize their achievements between the two platforms. It would require authorizing the GOG Galaxy client and/or game access to your Steam profile though via the Steam OpenID/Oauth/whatever login system like many other websites like steamgifts.com and steamcompanion.com do.

If anything like that were to happen I wouldn't expect it for a long time though as they'll most certainly be targeting the biggest and most impacting features for quite some time to come before they consider minor niche enhancement suggestions. That's my guess anyway.

BKGaming: I just wish GOG could tell us which (if any) games currently sold on GOG that have achievements will have full integration with the Galaxy API meaning our achievements will show in Galaxy and sync to their servers.
Doubt they'd even know that info because it wont likely be them implementing it but rather the developer of each individual game. I would assume that when the achievements system goes live that there will be "0" games supporting it at first unless they have a developer set up to be the first to test it out like they did with Galaxy Multiplayer and AvP or something. From then on I'd expect only brand new games coming to the catalogue to potentially use the achievment service, and perhaps the odd existing catalogue game getting updated with it from time to time by an indie developer eager to boost sales or whatnot. Just speculation on my part but updating games with patches or any kind of changes on GOG.com does not appear to be the highest priority of very many game developers/publishers by any far stretch of the imagination so I wouldn't expect too many games to start using such features once they're immediately available.

It's really the game devs that need to be asked about that, but they wont likely answer hypothetical questions speculatively about an unreleased game service as that's generally a bad idea PR-wise. "We'll have to look into that and consider it" is easily turned into "holy shit, they're going to do it when Galaxy is available" by some people, followed by "Burn the company to the ground!" when it doesn't happen 5 minutes after the service is available. :)
opticq: Hopefully we are getting a new build today, I'm excited to beta test
Should we give up hope yet?
Post edited March 09, 2015 by Gaydorado
Gaydorado: Should we give up hope yet?
I guess we should it's over 5pm in Poland now.
Gaydorado: Should we give up hope yet?
We will get it this week hopefully haha
BKGaming: Probably not, that info would be stored on Steams servers and GOG is competition. I can't wait for the achievements myself either though,I know some games have achievements now on GOG but it's just not the same without a profile, ect, to show off what achievements you have gotten. I know it not everyone's thing, but they add something to a game in my opinion and was one thing I really missed when I left Steam.

I just wish GOG could tell us which (if any) games currently sold on GOG that have achievements will have full integration with the Galaxy API meaning our achievements will show in Galaxy and sync to their servers.
My thought is this, with Galaxy maybe 3rd party sites like playfire will track GOG as well as Steam.
lefantome89: I guess we should it's over 5pm in Poland now.
Don't give up yet, we're still in the office ;)
lefantome89: I guess we should it's over 5pm in Poland now.
Fallen_Zen: Don't give up yet, we're still in the office ;)
I'm giving you my life power to create a Spirit Bomb and destroy that nasty bug once and for all! [Dragonball reference]

paladin181: My thought is this, with Galaxy maybe 3rd party sites like playfire will track GOG as well as Steam.
Possible I suppose but I somewhat doubt it unless Greenmangaming started reselling GOG games in-store, as they own Playfire and they're currently almost entirely a Steam shop other than a handful of games that use their own Capsule service. They would have to see a benefit to their business in adding support for something like that I imagine (in terms that matter to them personally of course) so it would seem unlikely.
paladin181: My thought is this, with Galaxy maybe 3rd party sites like playfire will track GOG as well as Steam.
skeletonbow: Possible I suppose but I somewhat doubt it unless Greenmangaming started reselling GOG games in-store, as they own Playfire and they're currently almost entirely a Steam shop other than a handful of games that use their own Capsule service. They would have to see a benefit to their business in adding support for something like that I imagine (in terms that matter to them personally of course) so it would seem unlikely.
That's why playfire was my example. I don't think they specifically would, but others might. I'd really like to see GOG develop into the alternative to Steam it could be.