It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
I guess this isn't for me (at least, not yet).

I installed it, and found the 'preferences' and set some things how I like.

Then I found the "import games/folders" and pointed it to my main games folder.

It found several and started to download & update them.

I guess that seems like a 'oh how cool!' to some, but to me it was like 'whoa there! I didn't ask you to update shit, so STOP!'. I couldn't right off see how to stop that from happening - so I quickly exited Galaxy.

Restarted it - and found I could, at the bottom of the list, mouse over and hit an [X] on each one to stop them.

Looked in 'preferences' and found a setting to turn this on/off (presumably) - but it's 'coming soon'.

SO.. I will wait until at least that is available so I can turn off the auto-updating shit that I don't like. Meanwhile, I'm not sure what else then it's useful for. I can already browse my library easily via a web browser (and not have that crappy pagination I didn't ask for).

So I suppose for now this baby gets kicked to the curb...
Hi.

i am having problems installing the. Witcher2

Everytime it get to 235MB its stops downloading and the Galaxy says its installed but cant play.

When i press the game it shows downloading 1.0% but nothing :(
Attachments:
Destro: For games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Is there a specific cutoff date? I've been trying to figure out which of my installers need to be updated, and which don't. For those which I do need to redownload, I figure there's no point in me doing so if you're going to be updating them again soon. :)
Martek: I guess this isn't for me (at least, not yet).

I guess that seems like a 'oh how cool!' to some, but to me it was like 'whoa there! I didn't ask you to update shit, so STOP!'. I couldn't right off see how to stop that from happening - so I quickly exited Galaxy.

Restarted it - and found I could, at the bottom of the list, mouse over and hit an [X] on each one to stop them.

Looked in 'preferences' and found a setting to turn this on/off (presumably) - but it's 'coming soon'.

SO.. I will wait until at least that is available so I can turn off the auto-updating shit that I don't like. Meanwhile, I'm not sure what else then it's useful for. I can already browse my library easily via a web browser (and not have that crappy pagination I didn't ask for).

I agree. It also annoyed me that galaxy automatically recognized some games and started updating them after starting the client. I hope in the future the client will at least ask when starting for the first time if I want to have auto updates enabled.
Destro: HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Thanks for the info!! Glad this is possible, and all of my installed games showed up.

However, even though they seem to start and play fine, when I click on and see the "page" for each game, the message "Installation failed: Not enough space available" is shown next to the title. This probably needs to be fixed?
elclub: Hi.

Everytime it get to 235MB its stops downloading and the Galaxy says its installed but cant play.

Please post any issue on Mantis with your logs attached (GalaxyClient.log will do in this case) and the same screenshot. We'll investigate, thanks! :)

1. it's only in Alpha, the point of this is merely test some of the clients features such as updating, installing, uninstalling, ect. before they move to Beta

2. since it's Alpha features are not present that will be in the Beta and final release. But you CAN disable auto updating for your games, you just have to do it through a game by game basis right now, eventually there will be a global setting to disable it for all your games present and future, installed and yet to be installed.

As I said this is meant to only be a closed test of a few features, nothing more and nothing less. Not the final product. I am sorry if I sound rude here but it gets tiring when it seems like people don't get the point of this exercise especially when it's laid out in the first post.

Giving suggestions on stuff they should add is fine but it just feels like you(and a few of others) were expecting a full featured client not a test build which we have.

moonshineshadow: I agree. It also annoyed me that galaxy automatically recognized some games and started updating them after starting the client. I hope in the future the client will at least ask when starting for the first time if I want to have auto updates enabled.
It will have a option to turn off auto updates for all games but for now you can just only can do that on a game by game basis(in other words you have to click on the game and turn off the auto-update option) keep in mind this is only a test build meant to test a few features of the client.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by DCT
elclub: Hi.

Fallen_Zen: Please post any issue on Mantis with your logs attached (GalaxyClient.log will do in this case) and the same screenshot. We'll investigate, thanks! :)

Methinks that this info, along with guidelines on how to test the alpha atm, should be included in the OP (or some of the stickies). People will probably keep asking this or that, but some may read it.
DCT: It will have a option to turn off auto updates for all games but for now you can just only can do that on a game by game basis(in other words you have to click on the game and turn off the auto-update option) keep in mind this is only a test build meant to test a few features of the client.
I know that I can do that. But I was a bit irritated, that the client started updating games directly after starting it. So there was not even a chance to turn it off before.
And while I agree that this is a test build for features, I am not happy if it starts "messing" with my installed games on its own.
DCT: It will have a option to turn off auto updates for all games but for now you can just only can do that on a game by game basis(in other words you have to click on the game and turn off the auto-update option) keep in mind this is only a test build meant to test a few features of the client.
moonshineshadow: I know that I can do that. But I was a bit irritated, that the client started updating games directly after starting it. So there was not even a chance to turn it off before.
And while I agree that this is a test build for features, I am not happy if it starts "messing" with my installed games on its own.
It usually doesn't really change much from what I noticed. I think that's just the client checking the files against it's database and replacing any files that don't match up sort of like Steam's verify chache option.

Plus to be fair the auto updating was part of the things they want to test. I don't recall if that and all the other purposes of the close alpha was in the email with the key or not though.

But I admit I do get the fustration as it does bother me at times since everytime we got a new build that I had to re-patch all the Ultima games since it would revert most of them back every damn time(usually all but 5 probably because that upgrade patch doesn't change much) and I got my key way back in Febuary or March so I been having to deal with that for a while but when your testing Alpha and even at times Beta level software you have to expect things to get messed up.
moonshineshadow: I know that I can do that. But I was a bit irritated, that the client started updating games directly after starting it. So there was not even a chance to turn it off before.
DCT: It doesn't really change much from what I noticed. Plus to be fair the auto updating was part of the things they want to test. I don't recall if that and all the other purposes of the close alpha was in the email with the key or not though.

And I get the fustration, it bothers me too since everytime we got a new build that I had to re-patch all the Ultima games since it would revert most of them back every damn time(usually all but 5) and I got my key way back in Febuary or March so I been having to deal with that for a while but when your testing Alpha and even at times Beta level software you have to expect things to get messed up.
Yeah I know. I got my alpha key directly at the beginning. And I don't mind all the testing and stuff. And sure, the client should test the auto-updating. But I installed and downloaded many games just for testing the client to a seperate partition of my hard drive and I am fine if galaxy does auto-updates for them.
I am just not that happy about the client recognizing other games on its own and updating them. Games that are installed because I am actually playing them :D
rodrolliv: Methinks that this info, along with guidelines on how to test the alpha atm, should be included in the OP (or some of the stickies). People will probably keep asking this or that, but some may read it.
Done! :)
DCT: It doesn't really change much from what I noticed. Plus to be fair the auto updating was part of the things they want to test. I don't recall if that and all the other purposes of the close alpha was in the email with the key or not though.

And I get the fustration, it bothers me too since everytime we got a new build that I had to re-patch all the Ultima games since it would revert most of them back every damn time(usually all but 5) and I got my key way back in Febuary or March so I been having to deal with that for a while but when your testing Alpha and even at times Beta level software you have to expect things to get messed up.
moonshineshadow: Yeah I know. I got my alpha key directly at the beginning. And I don't mind all the testing and stuff. And sure, the client should test the auto-updating. But I installed and downloaded many games just for testing the client to a seperate partition of my hard drive and I am fine if galaxy does auto-updates for them.
I am just not that happy about the client recognizing other games on its own and updating them. Games that are installed because I am actually playing them :D
True, like I said I can releate since it does it to me with my Ultima games. I have The two underworld games and worlds of ultima as well as 6 all patched to use Roland MT sound via a custom Dosbox SVN and 2 and 3 with graphic and music patches and sure enough as I said every damn time we get a new test build, boom it changes it all back and I got to go and re-patch them. It was worse this week since I hadn't had much time to test the client so it updated, did the reverting crap to my Ultimas, patched them again, ran into a bug and uninstalled and reinstalled the client to see if it would correct it, was stuck at a previous build which again reverted the games back and then we got the newest build and well you get where I am going to go with that.

Which is why I had moved my play copies elsewhere and kept the ones for testing/backup purposes where they are.
Hey, is there a way to install a game without it creating a desktop shortcut for the game?

I dont need the shortcut, I have it in the client

also, it wouldn't detect my copy of sin gold

It found all my other gog games in the same directory, so idk what gives
bulldog0890: Hey, is there a way to install a game without it creating a desktop shortcut for the game?
This should come with the next update.