It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
Will it be possible in future to transfer at least part of Steam library (maybe some devs/publishers will agree to support you) to GOG account in order to completely switch to GOG Galaxy?

Or we have to re-buy every single game? What are your thoughts on question?
Some quick thoughts on 0.7...

-Issues-

-Love the new library layout for list view, but it it totally necessary to have 2 scroll bars on the right... ie the Galaxy scroll bar and the library scroll bar. Can we limit the number of games shown and have more than one page or something? This just looks kind of bad like that.

-Client reported forum reply when I didn't have one when it doesn't appear I had one.

-Like-

-Love being able to sort name, very welcomed update.

-I like that Galaxy actually tells us what is updating now and what it's doing.

-Like the new improvements to verify files.
Post edited April 30, 2015 by BKGaming
Hi, so I just installed the client and used the "scan function". It found only two games!
So now it would take quite some time to re-download everything.
So my questions are:
- is this normal ? (alpha may mean smaller scope in the game library)
- is it wise to re-download providing that it doesn't seem to work ok and could be just a waste of time?
4St4rs: Hi, so I just installed the client and used the "scan function". It found only two games!
So now it would take quite some time to re-download everything.
So my questions are:
- is this normal ? (alpha may mean smaller scope in the game library)
- is it wise to re-download providing that it doesn't seem to work ok and could be just a waste of time?
Some games may not be compatible with GOG Galaxy yet. It found only those that are. For those that aren't yet, we've introduced an "Import Folder" function (go to the game inside your library, click MORE and Import Folder).
BKGaming: -Love the new library layout for list view, but it it totally necessary to have 2 scroll bars on the right... ie the Galaxy scroll bar and the library scroll bar. Can we limit the number of games shown and have more than one page or something? This just looks kind of bad like that.
As for the scrollbars issue, could you create a report on Mantis with a screenshot provided?

Thanks!
Post edited April 30, 2015 by Fallen_Zen
4St4rs: - is this normal ? (alpha may mean smaller scope in the game library)
Galaxy Client can only automatically detect games installed from newest installers, as we're in the process of upgrading all the installers.

4St4rs: - is it wise to re-download providing that it doesn't seem to work ok and could be just a waste of time?
If you have a particual games already installed, go to your Library, click on the game and from the "More" dropdown choose the "Import folder" option. Now you can point the client to already downloaded copy of the game. It will also automatically update your local copy to the newsest version.
Fallen_Zen: As for the scrollbars issue, could you create a report on Mantis with a screenshot provided?

Thanks!
Yea I can do that. It's not really a bug per say, I can see why it like that... just doesn't look very good to have 2 scrollbars right next to each other. I report it though so hopefully a better solution can be found.
4St4rs: - is this normal ? (alpha may mean smaller scope in the game library)
Venom: Galaxy Client can only automatically detect games installed from newest installers, as we're in the process of upgrading all the installers.

4St4rs: - is it wise to re-download providing that it doesn't seem to work ok and could be just a waste of time?
Venom: If you have a particual games already installed, go to your Library, click on the game and from the "More" dropdown choose the "Import folder" option. Now you can point the client to already downloaded copy of the game. It will also automatically update your local copy to the newsest version.
Brilliant it works!
Thanks.
kungfugi: Thanks!!! downloading now
BillyRayCitrus: I'm glad I checked here before I got really frustrated XD.

Anyways, I also seem to have a problem with running on 8.1 (unless someone already reported this) where the client will launch with a blank grey gradient screen unless I run the program in compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 3. After that it works beautifully though.
Please report this on mantis just in case :)
BKGaming: Some quick thoughts on 0.7...

-Issues-

-Love the new library layout for list view, but it it totally necessary to have 2 scroll bars on the right... ie the Galaxy scroll bar and the library scroll bar. Can we limit the number of games shown and have more than one page or something? This just looks kind of bad like that.
As far as I know you get two scrollbars only when Galaxy width is set to less than 700px. This same apply to Library and Store page
One more question: is it possible to pick another language but english for the downloads?
BillyRayCitrus: I'm glad I checked here before I got really frustrated XD.

Anyways, I also seem to have a problem with running on 8.1 (unless someone already reported this) where the client will launch with a blank grey gradient screen unless I run the program in compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 3. After that it works beautifully though.
JudasIscariot: Please report this on mantis just in case :)
Sorry, but I'm a large newbie here, so forgive me XD.
But where can I find mantis? :/.
JudasIscariot: Please report this on mantis just in case :)
BillyRayCitrus: Sorry, but I'm a large newbie here, so forgive me XD.
But where can I find mantis? :/.
http://mantis.gog.com
BKGaming: Some quick thoughts on 0.7...

-Issues-

mike_cesara: As far as I know you get two scrollbars only when Galaxy width is set to less than 700px. This same apply to Library and Store page
Yea I didn't know the store page, my resolution is at 1024 x 768 though so it should be slightly more than 700px as Galaxy fills the screen. Somebody else uses my PC and they have a hard time seeing so I keep the resolution down to make stuff bigger for them. But yea I didn't really think about resolution being the cause...
4St4rs: One more question: is it possible to pick another language but english for the downloads?
Click MORE -> Configure for language selection.
I just received my invitation to GOG Galaxy alpha, installed it and I have mixed feelings. I don't know if those issues were mentioned but first and foremost the games area (installed games) is much too big. The second thing that I noticed immediately is that there is no possibility anymore to manually sort your library in which I also miss my nice shelves. Honestly I really don't know if I like the design concept - will take time until I am getting used to it. Maybe then I'll like it. But the way it is now I'll probably only use it to get the newest version of a game quicker than before.
Post edited April 30, 2015 by MarkoH01