It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirPrimalform: I see big distinction between lying about things and blaming your lies on a mod mistake. The second isn't modkill material or anything, but it's still definitely not cool in my eyes.
Rodzaju: What was my alternative at that point.
Admit that I've been caught lying & give up the game?

So if I had role-copped you & accidentally let slip that I knew who you were & then got interrogated, you wouldn't want me to claim hat the mod had accidentally sent me your role pm instead of my own?

When I am scum, I am unscrupulous.
Isn't that the point?
Doesn't matter, what you basically said was "I didn't lie, the mod did".

That puts the mod in a really difficult situation. Obviously, they can't step in and say "Hey, I made no such mistake!" because that would break the game, but they can't step in and say "Yup. My mistake, sorry." because that would be completely untrue and divert deserved suspicion away from you.

In the event of the mod actually making a mistake, they can say so in the thread and everything is still fine.

As I said, not modkill material but I'm still not cool with it at all.

EDIT: Anyway, I don't want this to overshadow the end of a fantastic game. Arguing is probably pointless, my opinion on this is definitely not going to change and I'm not trying to change yours. Feel free to PM me though if you feel strongly. :P
Post edited February 23, 2013 by SirPrimalform
Telika: SIRPRIMALFORM SIRPRIMALFORM SIRPRIMALFORM my apologies

i had acquired a pretty terrifying tool of vigilantism last night, and if the game hadn't ended, i'd have used it directly tonight on you or damnation.
SirPrimalform: :P

Damnation I can sort of understand as it would have cleared 3 townies for sure, but me? >.>
*high pitched hysterical voice* BEEECAUUUUUUUSE !!!

Seriously, if a doubt had been shed on cop reads, then the only thing that forced to to consider you as town would have been cancelled. I had a whole list of reasons to consider you scum. Pattern majesty, and the same phrasings that scums were using about you and coscums, when posting their scumlists. Plus the counterpoison overkill thing (for just 1 poisonning so far -and an "announced one" at that !-, I had to accept two people curing me). Plus the "stolen name" thing (of all people, it had to be you having a weirdly "duplicate" name). I had all sorts of pointers going towards you, and just a cop's claim to contradict me.

So, if I had killed you, then it would have either showed Damn's read to be wrong, or would have left Damn and me as the suspects. I would have then sacrificed myself in a lynch to out Damn. Or would have contributed to lynch him in a regular discussion.

I think that it would have been more easy to prove that Damn was mafia than to prove you were. And I would have kept suspecting you were. So, there, for my rationale.

Would have been all dramatic and eventful. Oh, by the way, in the evening you said twice that you found the situation very exciting. Was it ironical ? I was feeling that the situation was a bit dull (the brute force solution of lynching Rob and cop/tracking Rod), and so I was kinda hoping for some horrible twist to happen. But maybe things were more exciting for you, because the list of non-cleared people was bigger on your side ? (The fact that I didn't need Damnation, to know my own affiliation, made the list a bit shorter on mine.)
Telika: ...
That makes sense.

Telika: Would have been all dramatic and eventful. Oh, by the way, in the evening you said twice that you found the situation very exciting. Was it ironical ? I was feeling that the situation was a bit dull (the brute force solution of lynching Rob and cop/tracking Rod), and so I was kinda hoping for some horrible twist to happen. But maybe things were more exciting for you, because the list of non-cleared people was bigger on your side ? (The fact that I didn't need Damnation, to know my own affiliation, made the list a bit shorter on mine.)
Yeah, it was basically because I didn't know for sure that Rod was scum because I didn't know for sure Damnation was town (or that you weren't scum and Rod wasn't a miller). The slight uncertainty made it exciting, but then Rod admitted his guilt and that was that.
Telika: 1) Was the egyptology thing just a random background quickly researched for the occasion, or something already there (studies, long term hobby) that you decided to use for a mafia game ?
It's something I've always been vaguely interested in (Pharaoh is one of my favourite games), and I still want to write an Ancient Egyptian murder mystery at some point. I may just lift the entire happenings of the game and turn it into narrative..!

Telika: 2) What's with Joe and SPF having the same name in just different versions ? This alone would have made me vig SPF...
As I said in the observer thread, total fluke... I was scrolling up and down a name list and picking randomly, and I didn't notice.

@JMich, no problem ;) The one shared dream was mostly to negate any chance of extrapolating that night, mostly because I was feeling twitchy about giving away too much. You can already see from the first two nights that pazzer's dream tells him one of the mafia team was copped, and this was after the mistake with the snake.

On a related note, when I wrote the very first votecount title "Did you see sparks just now?" I still hadn't memorised the mafia team, and I genuinely thought Krypsyn was scum when I wrote that.
Item Exchanges Day 3

Joe sells armour to Damnation (fail)
Something tells you Damnation would benefit from an extra layer of protection this night. As usual you excuse yourself to use the toilet, and on your way out you slide a note into Damnation's pocket. “For something to repel wandering blades, leave 10 coins at the bar. You're welcome.”

Presently Damnation leaves, and returns.

You head to the bar, preparing to borrow a boy to run to your house and retrieve the armour, when you notice there's no little pouch of lovely money on the top of the counter. Instead your original piece of papyrus is still there, with an unhappy face scrawled on the reverse side.

Anubis curse his bones for being so skint...

* You have failed to sell the Rusty Armour to Damnation *

Current items for sale:
@ smoke capsule – 30 coins – 1-shot roleblock
@ ornate wax tablet & stylus - 10 coins- 1-shot courier 

Damnation buys Armour (fail)
Sitting back to observe the discussion, you find someone has slid a note into your pocket. “For something to repel wandering blades, leave 10 coins at the bar. You're welcome.”

Ah, a curse on that dead-boned thief... You head to the bar as instructed, but having no coins to pay with you simply leave the papyrus note behind, with a simple yet eloquent unhappy face drawn on the back. Too bad

Night 3 here!
Good game :) Liked the Egyptian setup, and to some extend the feeling of mind fuck, when the last came to show. And yea, glad I at least noticed that you would be a candidate for a a scum, before Damnation called you on it (in the afterlife thread), but it was oddly late by that time - So had you pinned for either a ploy to find doc with your snake post or an honest town mistake.
Red_Baron: Good game :) Liked the Egyptian setup, and to some extend the feeling of mind fuck, when the last came to show. And yea, glad I at least noticed that you would be a candidate for a a scum, before Damnation called you on it (in the afterlife thread), but it was oddly late by that time - So had you pinned for either a ploy to find doc with your snake post or an honest town mistake.
I almost missed the deadline, so needed to tell my buddies that I'd tried to kill Damn.
I was prevented by a snake.....
Item Exchanges Day 4

Joe sells smokebomb to Rodzaju (success)
You need to be more proactive in combating the cult of Seth, and adding confusing during the hours of darkness seems like a good way to do it. As usual you take advantage of the move to the inside of the cafe to slide a note into Rodzaju's pocket (“Want to really make a difference? Leave 30 coins at the bar and return later for your chance”), and while you're getting another drink you clear your plans with the barman.

Presently Rodzaju gets up and goes to the bar, and comes back with his hands in his pockets.

Trying not to get your hopes up you wait a little while, then casually wander over when the group moves back outside again. Yes! 30 coins in a neat little pile lie on top of your note. You swap them for the smoke capsule and jingle back outside again.

* You have sold Smoke Capsule to Rodzaju. *

Items available to sell:
@ wax tablet and stylus ( 1 shot courrier)

Rodzaju buys Smoke Capsule (success)
After the group has moved inside the café to escape the midday heat, you put your hands in your pockets to discover someone has slipped a note there. Hmm. “Want to really make a difference? Leave 30 coins at the bar and return later for your chance.” Interesting.

You do as the note says and the next time you go for a refill you leave 30 coins in a neat pile on the counter. Time passes. When the group is kicked out to make room for the stage you head out first and pass by the bar. A small capsule is waiting for you, with a small scroll of instructions attached. Apparently this will fool anyone into thinking there's a fire.

* You have bought Smoke Capsule. *

This item bestows the following ability: 1-shot roleblock.

You now have 0 coins.

Night 4 flavour here!
Damnation: Woohoo!

To be honest, when Rod turned up guilty in my investigation, I still had a nagging feeling he would flip town upon death, and that I would have some very weird modifier :p

Anyhow, what were TwilightBard's and JMich's roles?
Both Town Vanilla actually. It was funny because that was after Night 4 when Joe made his list and I got nervous about it being out there like that, since there was a good chance that Mafia would ignore me in favor of a power role. Thankfully I didn't have the usual dreams thanks to a fluke, so I just tossed out that I hadn't had one. I knew why I didn't have a dream, but I was hoping it was enough to muddy the water on my role just enough.
Item Exchanges Day 5

Telika sells Charm of Nekhbet to Joe (success)
You've been playing with the little charm for most of the morning, but finally you decide that someone else out there around the table could make better use of it than you could. That and you could do with the extra cash. You take advantage of a lull in the conversation and head outside to stretch your legs, and discreetly flag down a passing scribe for hire. You give the girl instructions to not release the little charm, wrapped in a scrap of mucky cloth, until she has the coins in her hand, and to run straight back to you.

Some time later, a thin dark hand pokes you in the back as you're arguing with the others. The young scribe carefully hands you a pouch of coins and waits for payment.

* You have sold Charm of Nekhbet to TOWN INVENTOR. *

You now have 20 coins.

Joe receives Charm of Nekhbet
While tickling the cat outside the cafe, one of your private slaves comes running up with a message. “Mistress. The Business just had an offer from a seller – they sent a scribe over with a little figure of Nekhbet, and Herit estimates it's worth 10, but that you could sell it for 30. We think it might be touched by the goddess herself... What do you want us to do, mistress?”

You barely hesitate. You have practically nothing left to sell. “Buy it, of course. Give the scribe 10 coins and have it waiting for me to inspect when I get home.”

* The TOWN FISHERMAN has sold you Charm of Nekhbet. *

You may sell this item tomorrow – you need to inspect it first and find out what it can do...

Joe sells Tablet to Telika (success)
The last thing in your pack... You hope that purchase will turn out to be worthwhile. While you're excitedly explaining all the things you have done so far in this fiasco, it's pretty easy to slide a note into Telika's pocket. “Something to tell someone? Leave 10 coins at the bar for a quick and easy solution.”

As usual you wait patiently and argue passionately in the meantime. Presently Telika comes back with his hands in his pockets, and you slide over to the bar. Yes! A sloppy pile of coins awaits you. You exchange these for the wax tablet and jingle back to join the others.

* You have sold Wax Tablet and Stylus to Telika. *

Items available to sell:
@ Charm of Nekhbet (???)

Telika buys Tablet from Joe (success)
You're concentrating on the discussion when you suddenly realise that in all that excitement someone has slipped a note into your pocket. It reads: “Something to tell someone? Leave 10 coins at the bar for a quick and easy solution.”

Well, even if you don't particularly have anything to tell someone, it wouldn't hurt to have the chance. And since you sold the charm you have a little extra cash around. You leave two piles of five coins at the bar and try to concentrate on the arguments. Some time later you wander back and discover the coins have been replaced by a small, square-ish package wrapped in sacking cloth... You peek inside... Oooo, shiny!

* You have bought an Ornate Wax Tablet and Stylus *

This item bestows the following ability: 1-shot courier.

Use: Once during the game, at night, you may PM the mod with the name of a target, and a <10-word message for them. A scribe will deliver the message anonymously to your chosen player. This ability cannot be tracked.

You now have 10 coins.

Night 5 flavour here!
Item Exchanges Day 6

Joe sells Charm of Nekhbet to JMich (success)
It's harder than usual to be discreet about your letter-dropping activites, since there are so few people around, but somehow you manage to slip a scrap of papyrus into JMich's pocket by jostling him accidentally. The note reads “I think you're charming. To find out more, leave 30 coins on the bench round the corner and come back later.”

JMich leaves pretty quickly, and comes back looking pleased. You bide your time, and Anubis be praised, there on the bench is a heavy pouch. You count expertly, and once satisfied, you swap the pouch for the little charm, all clean and wrapped in a clean piece of linen. Boom.

* You have sold Charm of Nekhbet to JMich. *

JMich buys Charm of Nekhbet from Joe (success)
Fed up with the indecision around you, you shove your hands into your pockets, only to find someone has managed to sneak a piece of papyrus in there. The hieroglyphs read, “I think you're charming. To find out more, leave 30 coins on the bench round the corner and come back later.”

… You're not entirely sure what this is referring too, but it's too good an opportunity to miss. You excuse yourself from the discussion and hurry off to leave your coins on the bench. You return and participate again for a while until you can find an excuse to go off again and inspect the bench.

Where you had left your coins, instead there now lies a small package, wrapped in clean grey linen. It appears to be a figurine of the vulture goddess Nekhbet. Her eyes seem to stare into your soul... It's not a date or a pretty girl, but this could be useful...

* You have purchased Charm of Nekhbet. *
This item grants you the following ability: 1-shot tracker.

Once during the game, at night, you may PM the moderator with the name of a player you wish to track. You will follow this person and observe their movements. You may not target yourself. You may use this item immediately (i.e. night 6).

Night 6 flavour here!
Rodzaju: I almost missed the deadline, so needed to tell my buddies that I'd tried to kill Damn.
ah, the prevention part with the snake was what I figured, but I also thought it might have been a way to inform that protection worked - for some reason by NFY.
Rodzaju: I almost missed the deadline, so needed to tell my buddies that I'd tried to kill Damn.
Red_Baron: ah, the prevention part with the snake was what I figured, but I also thought it might have been a way to inform that protection worked - for some reason by NFY.
Yyyyyeah, I screwed up there. :s I was so excited by the idea of having coherant flavour that I forgot to take into account what clues it gave out.
Thank you for hosting the game NotFrenchYet. And also thanks for letting me play (even just a little). I enjoyed it immensely and for the record I was Town.....

DEATH TO TOWN

Until next game where I will also be town.
flubbucket: Thank you for hosting the game NotFrenchYet. And also thanks for letting me play (even just a little). I enjoyed it immensely and for the record I was Town.....

DEATH TO TOWN

Until next game where I will also be town.
I'm glad you're going to be in the next game... we need you!