It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirPrimalform: Rod's strange theory about names and Wikipedia fits my name, which turns out to have belonged to a queen (making me female also).
Oh yeah. Our names are basically the same name.
Meritamon - Meryetamun
Wikipedia thinks that they are the same thing.

Suspect...

Also Meryetamun is much prettier.
SirPrimalform: Rod's strange theory about names and Wikipedia fits my name, which turns out to have belonged to a queen (making me female also).
JoeSapphire: Oh yeah. Our names are basically the same name.
Meritamon - Meryetamun
Wikipedia thinks that they are the same thing.

Suspect...

Also Meryetamun is much prettier.
Oh yeah... freaky. A mistake, a scumtell (maybe I shouldn't trust you...) or some weird joke on NFY's part?
SirPrimalform: Oh yeah... freaky. A mistake, a scumtell (maybe I shouldn't trust you...) or some weird joke on NFY's part?
Maybe she didn't get all her Ancient Egypt related knowledge from Wikipedia??...
SirPrimalform: Oh yeah... freaky. A mistake, a scumtell (maybe I shouldn't trust you...) or some weird joke on NFY's part?
JoeSapphire: Maybe she didn't get all her Ancient Egypt related knowledge from Wikipedia??...
:P

It appears that as well as both spellings being valid, there were several notable historical figures with both of those names. It's possible we're named after different ones and the sources used one spelling for one and a different one for the other.

Anyway... I'm anxious to hear the results of yours and Rod's enquiries.
SirPrimalform: Anyway... I'm anxious to hear the results of yours and Rod's enquiries.
Very clever... :p

The Cat's Mother says that my item descriptions are accurate.
SirPrimalform: Anyway... I'm anxious to hear the results of yours and Rod's enquiries.
JoeSapphire: Very clever... :p

The Cat's Mother says that my item descriptions are accurate.
Clever? I just want to know if we've caught a scum or not. Now I'm really interested to see what Rod has to say...
OK, so I haven't been able to read thoroughly through all this (I'm really pressed for time these days :/ ) BUT from what I gather there's some master plan that's being decided on and it requires coins.

Well seeing as how I AM a nobleman, I have some coins, so if that is needed I can do it. Could someone point me to a post with the whole plan spelled out? (I, sadly, don't have the time now to go find it :( )
A_Future_Pilot: OK, so I haven't been able to read thoroughly through all this (I'm really pressed for time these days :/ ) BUT from what I gather there's some master plan that's being decided on and it requires coins.

Well seeing as how I AM a nobleman, I have some coins, so if that is needed I can do it. Could someone point me to a post with the whole plan spelled out? (I, sadly, don't have the time now to go find it :( )
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_forum_mafia_14_the_curse_of_the_seth_beast/post2219

And no, you can't buy the item. The reason it has been offered to JMich or TwilightBard is that they have been confirmed as town by Damnation. You have not, and are one of the targets of this plan (along with me and Rob I think). This makes you ineligible. :P
SirPrimalform: And no, you can't buy the item. The reason it has been offered to JMich or TwilightBard is that they have been confirmed as town by Damnation. You have not, and are one of the targets of this plan (along with me and Rob I think). This makes you ineligible. :P
I have coins, mine didn't get stolen at all. And if people want to be more comfortable I can claim...didn't realize it was down to me and JMich being the only ones who haven't fullclaimed.

I'm just not sure if I understand the plan completely, wasn't it all focused on one person minus the roleblocker?
SirPrimalform: And no, you can't buy the item. The reason it has been offered to JMich or TwilightBard is that they have been confirmed as town by Damnation. You have not, and are one of the targets of this plan (along with me and Rob I think). This makes you ineligible. :P
TwilightBard: I have coins, mine didn't get stolen at all. And if people want to be more comfortable I can claim...didn't realize it was down to me and JMich being the only ones who haven't fullclaimed.

I'm just not sure if I understand the plan completely, wasn't it all focused on one person minus the roleblocker?
Telika thinks that the remaining mafia is/are amongst me, Rob and AFP. As far as I understand, the plan is to lynch one of the three of us, and assuming we lynch wrong cop one of the remaining two and track the other. But more recently Telika has been talking about possibly selling his tracking item to someone else (presumably so he can fish for more items). Or maybe we're talking about giving Joe's last item?

Either way, you two are the ones confirmed by Damnation so it'd be safest to give it to one of you two.
SirPrimalform: But more recently Telika has been talking about possibly selling his tracking item to someone else (presumably so he can fish for more items).
Yes, I could fish, but I doubt I'll get more objects by the end of the game (been ridiculously lucky so far, remaining objects are also around 25% or 15% chances).

The main point of selling the object is of reducing the suspicion that I could lie about my role (or Joe's) and about my item. Putting it in the circuit shows its existence to a townie, and validates my claim (and Joe's). Also, an official townie would use it, so, the plan wouldn't be executed by anyone you don't fully trust.

The only delicate point is that the item may cost more than I thought, because Joe treats himself a gigantic margin on it. And if the customer can't afford it, the object is destroyed. So, we have to make sure its price is within JMich or TwilightBard's means. I sell it 10 coins to Joe and that's all I know. It's up to Joe to tell us how much it would be then.

If it's too dangerous, I can follow the original plan by doing the tracking myself. This possibility was just a bonus case, if possible. I had evocated it thinking that the danger would come from the random customer it'd be offered to, but it turns out that Joe can freely choose who to propose it to, and that the problem becomes the erratic price.

I don't know how precise Joe's knowledge is on this. I didn't see this coming, and, as he did, he must have some info on it (as he, neither, doesn't have any experience of buying and reselling, if I understood well).

ALSO, two players with the same name in two variants, this evokes me a player having googled a fake name and who unfortunately selected an already used one, but, what would be the chances of that...
Telika: ALSO, two players with the same name in two variants, this evokes me a player having googled a fake name and who unfortunately selected an already used one, but, what would be the chances of that...
Yeah... this makes me wonder a bit about Joe obviously. He has also claimed both fence and inventor... not really sure how you can forget your role so easily.
OK, this is a bit weird.

It seems that NFY referenced an out of date set of notes when she described the item for me.
When she was planning the game the smoke cannister was supposed to be a 1 shot jailkeeper.
She then later changed her mind & made it a straight roleblock.

My pm included the old JK version.
This has now been corrected.
It is pure Roleblock.

Apologies to joe, but how do you account for mod screwups?!!?
Rodzaju: OK, this is a bit weird.

It seems that NFY referenced an out of date set of notes when she described the item for me.
When she was planning the game the smoke cannister was supposed to be a 1 shot jailkeeper.

It is pure Roleblock.

Urk... genuine mod mistake or a hasty U-turn when caught lying? D;

It seems somewhat unlikely, but I don't want to accuse you of playing dirty without any real reason (I would consider it pretty low to blame a backfiring lie on the mod and I don't think you would do that) so I'll believe it for now...
Rodzaju: OK, this is a bit weird.

It is pure Roleblock.

SirPrimalform: Urk... genuine mod mistake or a hasty U-turn when caught lying? D;

It seems somewhat unlikely, but I don't want to accuse you of playing dirty without any real reason (I would consider it pretty low to blame a backfiring lie on the mod and I don't think you would do that) so I'll believe it for now...
Yeah, That's kinda how I feel. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how we can confirm that (I guess NFY could confirm it, but it's kinda asking for information we shouldn't have confirmed...I'm not sure). I doubt Rod is just saying that to get out of it though. Doing it is the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot with the Mafia community.