It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dawn of the Fourth Day...

You gather once more at the festival square. It's a non-market day today, but some entertainers are already setting up in the centre. A couple of stray dog-jackal crosses are nosing around a pile of garbage.

Hang on... There are only 12 of you.

Down the main street leading up to the square, a crier is proclaiming the day's news... “The flood is expected to come early! Strange noises in the temple of Bast – priestesses say they're feelin' optimistic! Pharaoh has ordered sacrifice to Anubis after gruesome murder revealed at the pyramid site!”

Gruesome murder at the pyramid site? You charge off to check it out.

A crowd has already gathered: you elbow them apart and behold Krypsyn's broken body, outlining a depression in the dust and gravel from where he's clearly been pushed from the top of the scaffolding, and has bumped and dropped all the way down the unfinished and not-yet smoothed pyramid sides. A reddish trail of flood and pieces of flesh marks his passage down the steps of the monument. As one being, you shudder.

Krypsyn has been murdered.
He was Kheruef the Construction Foreman - TOWN WATCHER

It is now Day 4.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

The deadline for this day is 14th February at 23:00 GMT. <3
Post edited January 29, 2013 by NotFrenchYet
All right. Krypsyn. Was one of my possible suspects. Cynically, I somehow prefer victims to be suspects of mine, than people I already assumed to be town. He also was the only one to have suspected SirPrimalform outside RVP, but still too close to the start (133), for "subtle rolefishing", so no real relevancy. And no other specificity I can see (other votes were Vitek, NMillar, Robbeasy, AFP - common votes). So now.

First point :

NMillar, before getting lynched, accused Damnation of being a cop. I thought it was a last minute assassination instruction given to co-scum, as he wouldn't be able to participate in the night decisions. But Damnation wasn't murdered, nor targetted-and-protected (as there has been another victim). A doctor would probably have protected Damnation at this point, and maybe the Mafia was expecting this. Or maybe Damnation and Nmillar played a last minute distanciation game, before the lynch. This will be the object of careful re-read.

Damnation's robbery happened long ago, so it isn't an improvisation. I doubt the robbery claim was an investment on this. But I don't know if the thief could have been mafia or 3rd party. We're lead to assume that the thief was NMillar : flavor thief steals money ? Also, Damnation mentionned a statue being stolen, but it was a statue of Osiris, not Ma'at, so flavor thief wouldn't have worked as the "steals statue of god the victim worships and deduces religion" process that I assumed.

I'm waiting for potential clarifications, and player opinions on this weird sunset exchange.

Second point :

Pazzer, NMillar and Sirprimalform had never voted against each others. I don't know how likely or unlikely is a trio without any distanciation vote, but Pazzer and Sirprimalform are my principal objects of attention now, with Damnation next. I expect vote analysis too, to see which votes have been the most sincere (game13 proved me that mafialynch wagons are not necessarily made of townies only). At which point could a mafioso have decided to hide on that bandwagon instead of hoping to lynch another player (like the more probably townie Rodzaju)

However, outside that vote (at the moment of lynch) were : me (suspending vote) ; JoeSapphire (voting for Rodzaju) and Pazzer voting for him ; A_Future_Pilot (voting for Rodzaju), SirPrimalform and Red_Baron both voting for him.

I doubt that mafioso NMillar would have built such a case against a co-scum, so I think Rodzaju is town (and so tells the truth, or part of it, about his snake basket?). Means that the wagon against him is worth being analyzed too.

Work ahead. Even just with these angles. First things first. Damnation ? Explanations or no explanations ?
I'd also like to hear from Damnation and have also had the worry that he was actually scum bussing his buddy with nmillar playing along...

If he's really a cop, he's been outed now so a proper claim to be put under scrutiny would be good. Also he should have two other results for us.
Telika: snip....

First point :

NMillar, before getting lynched, accused Damnation of being a cop. I thought it was a last minute assassination instruction given to co-scum, as he wouldn't be able to participate in the night decisions. But Damnation wasn't murdered, nor targetted-and-protected (as there has been another victim). A doctor would probably have protected Damnation at this point, and maybe the Mafia was expecting this. Or maybe Damnation and Nmillar played a last minute distanciation game, before the lynch. This will be the object of careful re-read.

..snip
Just to point out a couple of things on this one - we already know the mechanic for Mafia kills is not necessarily straight-forward, as we had first two nights without any. Personally I expected more than one death - so Damnation COULD have been targeted and protected, quite easily.
Just pointing this out because until we have people returning with any overnight info we can only muddy the waters with theorising.
I'm interested in what Damnation has to say, but I would rather have let him come out on his own with it, without flagging up possible theories and reasonings first, to give him a framework to use...

I also think Rod is town now, which does make the flavour he got more pertinent, but again, until we get some info from overnight, i'm not willing to make any moves.

Personally I woke up in the middle of the night again, then remembered a wierd dream about spreading manure, and having little red fish-heads growing up out of the ground.......no, i have no idea what it means either. I rather suspect it means absolutely feck all, and is just the MOD having a bit of fun...
I've been checking Krypsyn's post for informations on who he might have been watching, and thus, which of his suspicions might have been more solidly motivated than our speculations. But what I see is .

TwilightBard: Methinks the mafia would have been far more interested in watching Telika during the second night.\
Krypsyn: I totally agree. Telika would have been the obvious choice for a Watcher of any alignment last Night, at least in my opinion. This goes double for an anti-town Watcher, of course, because they would have a vested interest in catching any potential healer.
and

nmillar: The key here is that the mafia would probably have been unaware of the existence of an anti-poison doctor. The way I see it is that the mafia simply considered the poison action a delayed night kill, so they would have no reason to watch Telika, and would just assume he would show up dead.
Krypsyn: I don't like this reasoning at all. Like I said before, I think Telika is pretty much the obvious choice for surveillance last Night. Just like watching Red_Baron would probably be the obvious choice Night 1. Even if the mafia wasn't sure about roles, they would want to gather as much information as possible. I know, if I were a Watcher, that is what I would do.
This may be Krypsyn telling us that he watched Red_Baron on night1 and me on night2. And didn't find anything incriminating, as he didn't put pressure on any of us. As both Red_Baron and me were already kinda on my town list, it wouldn't be an extraordinarily thrilling result...

Am I wrong and is there any other hint of Krypsyn having based opinions on some night watch ?
Robbeasy: Personally I woke up in the middle of the night again, then remembered a wierd dream about spreading manure, and having little red fish-heads growing up out of the ground.......no, i have no idea what it means either. I rather suspect it means absolutely feck all, and is just the MOD having a bit of fun...
Either fun, or confused, unless of course this dream has some significance.
THEY ARE AWESOME AND I DON'T KNOW WHY I DON'T GET ANY

and i now filed an official complain to the moderator
Funny, people have already begun theorising of me bussing nmillar, despite Robb's wish to not give me any framework :D

But alas, it was my intention all night to provide you with ALL the information I have, should I survive the night.

Night one I visited nmillar, thus I knew through day two and three that he was scum, which was, again, why I found it difficult to properly justify my voting for him without revealing too much. It was explicitly mentioned that I prayed to a statue of Ma'at, and that upon return, a small statue (One that would fit into a drawer) had been stolen along my ten coins.

Night two, I visited TwilightBard. He's town.

Night three, just as it began, I was offered an item at the price of ten coins - lucky me I didn't have any... Thanks a lot thief! And it was hinted at being something of a protective nature - if a oneshot doc ability or a oneshot bulletproof ability, I don't know. I then put forward my target to NFY (Going to hold on to whom I targeted for just a bit, to see how my target reacts). I then prayed to Ma'at again, but my house was set on fire. From what I gather I saved my Ma'at statue, but was hit by something, knocking me out cold, meaning I failed my investigation.

Hope that puts some perspective on things
I was pretty chuffed going in to night.
I think this is the first time that I have actually managed to accuse & lynch someone who did turn out to be scum.

Slightly annoyed that Krypsyn has flipped town as I had him pegged solidly as scum too.
I guess that this means I need to take another look at AFP....
Robbeasy: Personally I woke up in the middle of the night again, then remembered a wierd dream about spreading manure, and having little red fish-heads growing up out of the ground.......no, i have no idea what it means either. I rather suspect it means absolutely feck all, and is just the MOD having a bit of fun...
This seems pretty clear to me.
Just not sure of the context.

"Spreading shit & growing red herrings"

Question is though, why give this message to you?
Warning you about doing this?
Why single you out?
I haven't seen anything in your posts that screams out.

Warning you about someone else doing this?
The most obvious candidate would have to be my snake encounter & I can't agree with it being described thus.
And why warn YOU about someone else's behaviour?

The most likely explanation I see is the Mod having a bit of fun through a number of night pm's, like my snake, Damn being offered a sale when he has no coins to buy, etc.
Having seen yesterdays shitstorm, perhaps he felt the need to tell us not to take things so seriously?
Of course, I have a vested interest in this being the case, but can anyone else come up with anything better?
Rodzaju: Why single you out?
NFY didn't single Robb.
Rodzaju: Why single you out?
JMich: NFY didn't single Robb.
I'll second this.

Here in a little while I'm going to go through all of my reads, and give everyone a list of my current reads :)
OK, here we go. A few things out of the way first:

Based on what JMich said, I think it might help clear some stuff up about me with other people if I give a general idea of my three PM's to date (just meaning if NFY is using the same general text for all town, if mine is in line with other towns, they may trust me more.)

Every night begins with me thrashing.

Night 1: Dream about a desert and vultures.
Night 2: Blood and Bubbles.
Night 3: Manure and fish.

OK, now reads:

Dead:
Vitek (I thought was scum. Was proved wrong)
nmiller (Believed him with his argument agains Rod. Was proved wrong)
Kyrpsyn (Thought was town since half way through day 1. Was proved right)

Definitely Town:
Red_Baron. Been considered town in my eyes since day 1 (when he was Damuna). Krypsyn agreed. Nothing has changed.
Robbeasy. I believe his claim.
Damnation. I believe his as well.
TwilightBard. I believe Damnation.
Rodzaju. There's no way nmiller as scum would have gone against a fellow scum like he did.

Leaning Town:
JMich. I doubted him for awhile, but the fact that he got the same night PM as me, makes me lean him town.
Telika. He's said some things I don't agree with, but overall he seems fairly townie to me.

Undecided:
JoeSapphire. I doubted him for awhile, but he hammered nmiller. Could have been a ploy, but I'm not sure.

Leaning Scum:
Pazzer. He hasn't posted much it seems, and what he has has been either fluff, or slightly suspect.
SPF. I've been fairly suspicious of him for quite awhile. He just gives off a "feel" of scuminess.

So there we have it.
A_Future_Pilot: Night 3: Manure and fish.
No. What ? Wait. WHAT.

All "dreamers" have the same dream simultaneously ?

Each time everyone described a dream, others were "hey, that's my dream too" ?
Well I *think* (and may be misremembering) that this is the first time anyone's talked about a night PM where NOTHING happened. I would believe that everyone who had nothing special happened has been receiving the same nightly PM's.