It was in the days of the ancestors, when Gods were still walking the world, in the blissful times before the cowardice of Men and their betrayal changed the face of our lands forever. I speak of a time when the island of Tamanuiaraki, raised by the great Rāmatawhāiti from the depths of the ocean with Rūau, the Fishing Hook of the Gods, was home to a tribe of Men who lived their days in peace, honouring Rāmatawhāiti in the long shadow of Tāwhiritike, the Fire Mountain.
Many moons passed in which Rāmatawhāiti smiled on his tribe.
But the evil of Men prevailed and on one morning, the newborn sun leaving the loins of the ocean saw one of the Elders of the tribe, He Who Talks to Gods (Damnation, Town Vanilla) sprawled on sand soaked in his own blood.
Angry as the ocean storms was the face of Rāmatawhāiti when he summoned the Elders.
For the evil of your deeds, I demand sacrifice, said his thundering voice as the earth shook and birds fell from the sky. There is darkness in your bellies which must be cleansed with violence. Every dying sun shall see one of your number cast into the hungry mouth of Tāwhiritike until I am satisfied of your repentance. Hear my words or fear my wrath.
The Elders lit a fire and sat themselves in a circle. The time of talking has come.
Welcome to 12th GOG Forum Mafia.
The Rules, as given to us by Rāmatawhāiti in time immemorial
1. The moderator of the game is bazilisek, the earthly avatar of the Gods. Should you need to contact me, you can do so with the PM system. Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.
2. All players have a vote, which they may place on any player. A vote may be withdrawn by unvoting. Once a player has more than 50% of the votes, that player will be lynched and the game will go to night. No amount of unvoting can prevent this.
3. A player may also vote nolynch. A majority of nolynch votes will end the day without a lynch.
4. You may not post in the game thread during night phases.
5. Please remember to bold your votes and unvotes like this: unvote He Who Kills Men, vote The Smelly One.
6. When you are dead, you are dead - stop posting. A single "bah"-post is permissible and encouraged.
7. Don't edit your posts. This is very important! Editing a post is grounds for being modkilled. Please note that due to used forum software, two consecutive posts of the same user in a short time frame will merge, creating the appearance of an edited post. If you want to double post, wait until the first post is at least 10 minutes old.
8. Do not discuss the game with anyone outside the thread, except for people specified in your role PM, and then only at such times as the PM specifies. Not even things you consider harmless. Breaking this rule will get you modkilled, no exceptions.
10. Do not quote or paraphrase too closely any PMs you receive from the mod. If you are afraid that your paraphrasing is too close, contact me and I'll take a look at it.
11. All players should post at least once every 48 hours. If you expect to be away for more than 72 hours, please let me know either through PM or in the game thread. Failure to do this will result in me sending you a prod via PM and in thread to which you will have 24 hours to respond. Failure to do so will result in replacement.
12. If you can no longer participate in the game, let me know and I will try to find a replacement.
13. When the game ends, any player whose win condition has been fulfilled wins the game, even if that player is dead. Players who are modkilled or have been replaced will automatically lose the game.
14. All roles have been randomly assigned using random.org.
Here's a sample role PM:
You have been chosen for the role of He Who Talks to Gods (Town Vanilla).
It was you who were bestowed the honour of directly talking to the great Rāmatawhāiti and presenting his wishes to the other Elders.
But there is evil in Men, and their jealousy and greed was your downfall.
None. Your God now talks to all.
You win when all threats to the tribe have been removed."
The Elders Sitting Around the Fire:
1. JoeSapphire (replacing Gazoinks)
The Elders Who Walk in Memory:
0. Damnation (He Who Talks to Gods, Town Vanilla), murdered on Day Zero
7. gameon (Badger on a Stick, Town Vanilla), committed suicide on Day One
5. Planeshaper (He Who Eats Toads, Town Vanilla), murdered on Night One
4. matti1996 (He Who Wears Beads, Mafia Goon), committed suicide on Day Two
6. aylien (He Who Doesn't Like Fish, Town Doctor), committed suicide on Day Two
12. nmillar (He Who Climbs Trees, Mafia Ninja), sacrificed on Day Two
8. N0x0ss (He Who Listens to Trees, Town Vanilla), murdered on Night Two
3. boct1584 (The Hairy One, Mafia Strongarm), sacrificed on Day Three
(I'd like to sincerely apologise to everyone who actually speaks Māori.)