Im very happy, i just finish the paypal transaction to buy Beyond Good And Evil from GOG
and im downloading right now with FlashGET at my max dl speed. ITS NOT NEEDED
ANY KIND OF GOG DOWNLOADER, stop complaining guys, install firefox, flashget and
the addon flashgot and you can download using the flashget download manager.
OF COURSE THE LINKS EXPIRES IN SOME SORT OF TIME ITS BECAUSE SECURITY
ISSUES, but if you dont have planned download the whole game, you can easy stop
any time your download, and resume any time or another day, is too easy, just go to
your control panel of your account and try to download your game again, get the new
url-link and copy, cancel and go to flashget. click on properties of the stopped download
and replace your yesterday old-link for the fresh new one working. Click on start and
Greets to all GOG staff from Argentina.
Goddamnit, this actually WORKS!
Here's a way to get big downloads:
1) Get Free Download Manager (http://www.freedownloadmanager.org
2) Choose "Download using browser" and the FDM should pick up the download immediately (if you're using Chrome you may need to tweak FDM
3) Launch the download in FDM.
4) At some point, the download will probably stop, and start giving "Access denied" errors. At that point, go back to your GOG account, click "download using browser" again, but DON'T LAUNCH A NEW DOWNLOAD! Instead, just copy the download link you get from the new FDM window
5) Go to your old download in FDM, right-click and select "Download properties".
6) Replace the old link with the new one
7) Resume the download and it should continue where it left off.
Hell, I finally got Tex Murphy, and have a newfound love for download managers!
Yes offcourse my dear pal nobody dies in the process :) there are too many ways to
managers. The trick is just replace the old download link paused for a fresh new one
obtained from your control panel, replacing the old for the new link and start the download
and the manager will continue in the same point where stopped :).