It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

goral: "I DEMAND TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER"
You're turning into a caricature.
drmike: Maybe if/ when they bring folks to Poland for a few days, this can be one of the topics brought up. I believe communication from company to end user was touched on. Maybe this can be provided as an example.
Breja: An example of what? They responded. They explained the whole thing in as clear terms as possible. Of all the myriad times GOG completely shit the bed in terms of communicating with the users, and in very important matters, you want to use as an example of this silly little tantrum where they did everything that could be reasonably expected of them?
Exactly.
I don't understand the debate here :
- Beqmdog is a client of GoG (actually that's disputable ....... let's settle they are in a business partnership).
- A "No-one" used the tools given by GoG to defame (there is no proof as far as I can conceive) them on their platform.
So basically GoG is cleaning the room a bit, which is expected and yet to be commended (it would make other publisher feel awkward otherwise).

Any opinion about Beamdog has nothing to do with this removal.
Breja: An example of what? They responded. They explained the whole thing in as clear terms as possible. Of all the myriad times GOG completely shit the bed in terms of communicating with the users, and in very important matters, you want to use as an example of this silly little tantrum where they did everything that could be reasonably expected of them?
Potzato: Exactly.
- Beqmdog is a client of GoG (actually that's disputable ....... let's settle they are in a business partnership).
- A "No-one" used the tools given by GoG to defame (there is no proof as far as I can conceive) them on their platform.
So basically GoG is cleaning the room a bit, which is expected and yet to be commended (it would make other publisher feel awkward otherwise).

You really think Beamdog is a legit developer?

Looks more like an asset-flipper / extortionist to me.
Potzato: Exactly.

richlind33: You really think Beamdog is a legit developer?

Looks more like an asset-flipper / extortionist to me.
I like the fact that they modernized the TCP/IP layer on BG1&2, but aside from that I don't like what they did 'game redesign' wise and I think they make below average software developers.
But that doesn't make them 'parasites' in my dictionnary in any way.

And again, this is all about business partnership and defamation.
Breja: They responded.
My mistake. You're right. Kind of hard remembering things here at the library when you;ve got kids running and screaming behind me. Sorry about that.
Breja: They responded.
drmike: My mistake. You're right. Kind of hard remembering things here at the library when you;ve got kids running and screaming behind me. Sorry about that.
No problem. But why are there kids screaming in the library? Isn't there a librarian to quiet them down?
drmike: My mistake. You're right. Kind of hard remembering things here at the library when you;ve got kids running and screaming behind me. Sorry about that.
Breja: No problem. But why are there kids screaming in the library? Isn't there a librarian to quiet them down?
Actually my first thought was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WJ-jC8lGAQ
low rated
Your blind defense of GOG will bite you in the ass sooner or later but whatever, maybe you like being treated like fourth category customers.
goral: "I DEMAND TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER"
getrdy: You're turning into a caricature.
And who are you? I've been around on GOG for quite a while and have always respected its policy but recently they're going the EA/Steam route. And I don't see what's so strange about wanting to have a clear statement made by officials, but explaining that to a sucker like you or Breja who will gobble up anything is pointless.

goral: This was a reply made by a PR pawn who just copy/pastes usual responses. I would like to hear someone higher up the ladder who would go on record and admit that they don't give a rat's ass about a customer, only companies (even as small as Beamdog).
MarkoH01: Yes, sure ... continue ... but without me. I just can't take this seriously any longer.. I just can't. Good luck in your request.
If you don't want to discuss it then why are you responding to my posts? Fuck logic.
Post edited January 17, 2018 by goral
goral: [...] Fuck logic.
That could indeed be the motto of this thread.
goral: very important opinions
We apologise miss, but all our employees are currently unavailable. Please hold.

sounds of not caring
silencing criticism before the next release of yet another EE? cute. can all the negative reviews for the all previous EE be deleted too?
MarkoH01: Yes, sure ... continue ... but without me. I just can't take this seriously any longer.. I just can't. Good luck in your request.
goral: If you don't want to discuss it then why are you responding to my posts? Fuck logic.
I was hoping that you would continue the discussion bringing new arguments to the table but instead you ignore all that has been said before and are simply demanding things that are just not reasonable imo. That's why I finally decided to stop continuing this argumentation from my side (I don't like ruinning in circles).

(And this is just an explanation for the fact I don't want to discuss this anymore not a try to continue the discussion instead - so I don't expect you to reply).
Post edited January 17, 2018 by MarkoH01
MazDen: silencing criticism before the next release of yet another EE? cute. can all the negative reviews for the all previous EE be deleted too?
Arguably, a good chunk of the negative reviews should be deleted, mostly because they aren't actually reviews of the game.

Examples: A 1-star review that says "I have absolutely no desire to play the EE. Why can't I purchase the original classic separately instead of bundled with Beamdog's abomination?"

A 1-star review that says "I will not support this "enhanced" garbage ."

A 1-star review that says "Stay away from this and buy the old version instead. Because developers on this one... well, they basically send us up to our arsenal."

A 1-star review that says "1/5 for EE edition. 5+/5 for original."

None of these are valid reviews of the game, and only serve the purpose to skew the average score down.
high rated
MazDen: silencing criticism before the next release of yet another EE? cute. can all the negative reviews for the all previous EE be deleted too?
hummer010: Arguably, a good chunk of the negative reviews should be deleted, mostly because they aren't actually reviews of the game.

Examples: A 1-star review that says "I have absolutely no desire to play the EE. Why can't I purchase the original classic separately instead of bundled with Beamdog's abomination?"

A 1-star review that says "I will not support this "enhanced" garbage ."

A 1-star review that says "Stay away from this and buy the old version instead. Because developers on this one... well, they basically send us up to our arsenal."

A 1-star review that says "1/5 for EE edition. 5+/5 for original."

None of these are valid reviews of the game, and only serve the purpose to skew the average score down.
The same applies to 5 Star reviews like
"Loved that back then, great to see it here"
"Nostalgia is big on this one, def needed a remaster"
"One of the best games of the late 90s / early 2000s"
etc...

I don't think anyone would remove those though because no morally questionable corporation would ask for it and we are just cash cows anyway.

Seriously, publishers depend on shops as much as shops depend on publishers, there has to be a balance of power imho.
Post edited January 17, 2018 by Klumpen0815
high rated
richlind33: I think it's funny as hell that Beamdog wigged out over a mix that can only be found if you know it exists.
[emphasis added]

This is actually not accurate. 10 GOGmixes are displayed by default based on number of votes on the pages of games they contain, and another 10 when one clicks on the "More GOGmixes" button. If a GOGmix has enough votes to make it into the first 10 ones, then it's immediately visible on a game page.

Looking through Beamdog's catalogue, and going by the number of votes this one had, it definitely was among the 10 first ones, hence easily seen when scrolling through the game pages.

From the GOGmixes GreasyDogMeat mentioned as a counterargument, the EA one has less than 15 votes and the others a couple each, hence don't show up even when expanding the number of GOGmixes to 20. I am, however, inclined to think that EA wouldn't bother one way or another even if it was visible.