It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Beamdog was offended
deleted
MarkoH01: Bingo. Probably Beamdog was offended and GOG did what they had to do as serious business partners. Not hard to understand imo.
GreasyDogMeat: This doesn't make me feel any better about GOG though... at all. It just shows they'll bend over just as they did with leaving the classics in the EE package.
They simply cannot decide against their business partner - this is really surprising people? Imagine GOG getting a complaint from them and saying "No, we respect our customers - sorry guys but if they say you are a parasite live with it". I really don't expect GOG to sign many more deals after this. It's not all about pride and principles, sometimes it's just simple business practices like you will find them everyday. That is just the way this whole economic thing works. Without it there would not be a GOG in the first place ... or a steam ... or any store for that matter.
Relevant...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8yvnqHmFds
I'm curious when Beamdog became such a bad guy. I remember they were well-liked around the time of the Baldur's Gate Remasters; or am I remembering that wrong? Was it Dragonspear? Now granted, I am not too thrilled at the prospect of a HD remaster of NWN that isn't actually any kind of proper remaster or reboot, and so I can understand that others might end up having qualms about what Beamdog is up to. Nevertheless, it seems there has been quite a darkening of peoples' response to this studio and I'm curious as to why that has happened.
What exactly did this "beam dog" do to piss all you off?
GreasyDogMeat: This doesn't make me feel any better about GOG though... at all. It just shows they'll bend over just as they did with leaving the classics in the EE package.
MarkoH01: They simply cannot decide against their business partner - this is really surprising people? Imagine GOG getting a complaint from them and saying "No, we respect our customers - sorry guys but if they say you are a parasite live with it". I really don't expect GOG to sign many more deals after this. It's not all about pride and principles, sometimes it's just simple business practices like you will find them everyday. That is just the way this whole economic thing works. Without it there would not be a GOG in the first place ... or a steam ... or any store for that matter.
Slippery slope. Where is it going to end? By that argument, they'd have to cave in every time a dev comes and whines about "offensive" wording. "Parasite of the industry" is already a walking on a thin line. If the gogmix were called "Beamdog are a bunch of fucking cunts", it'd be an open and shut case and no one would complain in case of deletion.

They should say "Sorry guys, these mixes are created by users and do not represent the opinions of gog or any of its employees". End of story.
fronzelneekburm: They should say "Sorry guys, these mixes are created by users and do not represent the opinions of gog or any of its employees". End of story.
You forgot a tiny thing. GOG IS responsible for what they allow in their forum and can bee seen in public. They simply are.
low rated
flatiron: What exactly did this "beam dog" do to piss all you off?
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e8/98/02/e89802ecbd62ff0d734f7baf0e5aca9d.jpg
I am not clicking on that. Just use words.
low rated
goral: And of course GOG are cowards and won't even respond here and explain why was my GOGmix deleted (and why so late) other than "because we can". Pathetic.
MarkoH01: But you already posted their reply here. What makes you think that they would say anything different just because of this thread?
This was a reply made by a PR pawn who just copy/pastes usual responses. I would like to hear someone higher up the ladder who would go on record and admit that they don't give a rat's ass about a customer, only companies (even as small as Beamdog).

goral: As for my GOGmix, they've only deleted it after I've added Neverwinter Nights to the list, somehow it didn't bother them for almost a year (I've added this gogmix the moment Beamdog has hijacked Planescape Torment:, so it was in Febrauary or March 2017). And it's been on the top this whole time and several Beamdog fanboys complained about it and asked GOG why do they allow this. But GOG doesn't give a rat's ass about their customers so it's not surprising they didn't comply until Beamdog told them to do so.
GreasyDogMeat: I was wondering why they'd pick now after all this time the list has been up (feels like longer than a year) but this makes perfect sense with the next BeamDog hackjob of a classic on the horizon.

They've only created a single game themselves and it was steaming linear tripe.
They haven't even created one game, SoD is just a mod (although more complex than their usual hack jobs). And yeah, it's obvious that NWN was the reason they've acted now.
Post edited January 16, 2018 by goral
MarkoH01: But you already posted their reply here. What makes you think that they would say anything different just because of this thread?
goral: This was a reply made by a PR pawn who just copy/pastes usual responses. I would like to hear someone higher up the ladder who would go on record and admit that they don't give a rat's ass about a customer, only companies (even as small as Beamdog).
Yes, sure ... continue ... but without me. I just can't take this seriously any longer.. I just can't. Good luck in your request.

And of course GOG are cowards and won't even respond here and explain why was my GOGmix deleted (and why so late) other than "because we can". Pathetic.
Maybe if/ when they bring folks to Poland for a few days, this can be one of the topics brought up. I believe communication from company to end user was touched on. Maybe this can be provided as an example.

Maybe someone should start a running list of *cough* legit topics, say at the wiki....
flatiron: I am not clicking on that. Just use words.
It's a picture of a light house being demolished and it collapsing on some boats at the base of it.
Post edited January 16, 2018 by drmike

And of course GOG are cowards and won't even respond here and explain why was my GOGmix deleted (and why so late) other than "because we can". Pathetic.
drmike: Maybe if/ when they bring folks to Poland for a few days, this can be one of the topics brought up. I believe communication from company to end user was touched on. Maybe this can be provided as an example.
An example of what? They responded. They explained the whole thing in as clear terms as possible. Of all the myriad times GOG completely shit the bed in terms of communicating with the users, and in very important matters, you want to use as an example this silly little tantrum where they did everything that could be reasonably expected of them?
Post edited January 16, 2018 by Breja
MarkoH01: They simply cannot decide against their business partner - this is really surprising people? Imagine GOG getting a complaint from them and saying "No, we respect our customers - sorry guys but if they say you are a parasite live with it". I really don't expect GOG to sign many more deals after this. It's not all about pride and principles, sometimes it's just simple business practices like you will find them everyday. That is just the way this whole economic thing works. Without it there would not be a GOG in the first place ... or a steam ... or any store for that matter.
fronzelneekburm: Slippery slope. Where is it going to end? By that argument, they'd have to cave in every time a dev comes and whines about "offensive" wording. "Parasite of the industry" is already a walking on a thin line. If the gogmix were called "Beamdog are a bunch of fucking cunts", it'd be an open and shut case and no one would complain in case of deletion.

They should say "Sorry guys, these mixes are created by users and do not represent the opinions of gog or any of its employees". End of story.
I think it's funny as hell that Beamdog wigged out over a mix that can only be found if you know it exists.