It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

thomq: Well, okay, if that's how you use the term, but I think you're using different dictionaries than I am.
I'd say changing one's standards when it becomes 'inconvient' is hypocritical... but... whatever. Replace the word with 'shady' or something else if it suits better.
adaliabooks: I'm fairly sure if anyone reported those GOG mixes they'd be deleted too (they still might if any blue is reading this and feels it's worth doing), the difference being EA probably don't care enough to check for and report these things whereas Beamdog clearly do.
Regret using them as examples if so. Not interested in getting their lists taken down.

Agree about BeamDog... my issue has been with how they go about it. I lost all respect for them as a company during the release of SoD when they purged and censored critics. Many of you may feel THIS is justified, but I saw numerous unjustified versions of this where reasonable critics would receive vile harassment on their forums with nothing done about it. When the forum goers who were harassed had enough and returned insults, even lesser ones they were banned for good while the instigators got off with slaps on the wrist. Then you had one of the devs going onto social media platforms to ask for good reviews.

There is a reason only sycophants remain on BD forums.
Post edited January 16, 2018 by GreasyDogMeat
thomq: Well, okay, if that's how you use the term, but I think you're using different dictionaries than I am.
GreasyDogMeat: I'd say changing one's standards when it becomes 'inconvient' is hypocritical... but... whatever. Replace the word with 'shady' or something else if it suits better.
Except GOG's standards haven't changed. They just don't go around hunting down offensive GOG mixes to delete, but they will take action when one is reported to them, and I'm fairly sure they will always have done so.

If you want to be annoyed with anyone, blame Beamdog as it seems reasonably clear they are the ones who have taken offence and wished the GOG mix removed (most likely because of their upcoming release) and GOG is just complying with a reasonable request.
deleted
adaliabooks: Except GOG's standards haven't changed. They just don't go around hunting down offensive GOG mixes to delete, but they will take action when one is reported to them, and I'm fairly sure they will always have done so.

If you want to be annoyed with anyone, blame Beamdog as it seems reasonably clear they are the ones who have taken offence and wished the GOG mix removed (most likely because of their upcoming release) and GOG is just complying with a reasonable request.
Except I don't find the request reasonable. BeamDog is not a person, it is an entity and referring to it as a 'parasite', 'shit' or any other negative label shouldn't be an issue. If the mix was singling out an INDIVIDUAL who worked for the company I'd understand (or something like everyone who works at said company is slur/insult).

Even if it is against the rules they've still not made any effort to preserve the original releases as stand-alone titles which has been a HUGE issue for me. The Infinity Engine games have been a major draw to this site for many of us and BeamDog hijacking them has been like someone drawing a mustache and dicks on the Mona Lisa.
Fairfox: lolz, if beamdog were a forum member they'da flounced liek so many others
They did on their own forums.
Post edited January 16, 2018 by GreasyDogMeat
GreasyDogMeat: I'd say changing one's standards when it becomes 'inconvient' is hypocritical... but... whatever. Replace the word with 'shady' or something else if it suits better.
It's fine, you already explained yourself very well. I understood what you meant.

However, I think I'm also just favoring the old saying "ineptitude rather than malice" when considering GOG's actions. But I tend to think of this planet as full of idiots, so my feelings of superiority makes it easy for me to accept such an axiom.
Post edited January 16, 2018 by thomq
Deleted
Post edited January 16, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: snip
[redacted]
Post edited January 16, 2018 by Klumpen0815
MarkoH01: snip
Klumpen0815: [redacted]
I just did notice that I missed to read a whole page and what I wanted to say has already been said - multiple times. That's why I deleted my post.
What is the prolem here? 'Parasite' is by far not the worst word that comes to my mind when thinking about Beamdog. It acutally describes their business model quite well.

It would be another thing, if the customer still had the choice to buy only the classic games if he wants to play them.
Post edited January 16, 2018 by MaGo72
deleted
MaGo72: What is the prolem here? 'Parasite' is by far not the worst word that comes to my mind when thinking about Beamdog. it acutally describes their business model quite well.

It would be quite another thing, when the customer still had the choice to buy the classic game if he wants to play it.
Bad for business.

I may have missed it, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing I saw in the TOS they could go after the list for would it being 'offensive'. Even then the only people I'd see as being 'offended' by it would be BeamDog or fanboys.
Klumpen0815: [redacted]
MarkoH01: I just did notice that I missed to read a whole page and what I wanted to say has already been said - multiple times. That's why I deleted my post.
No need to ruin the joke!
MarkoH01: I just did notice that I missed to read a whole page and what I wanted to say has already been said - multiple times. That's why I deleted my post.
Klumpen0815: No need to ruin the joke!
Wasn't my intention, sorry.
GreasyDogMeat: I may have missed it, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing I saw in the TOS they could go after the list for would it being 'offensive'. Even then the only people I'd see as being 'offended' by it would be BeamDog or fanboys.
Bingo. Probably Beamdog was offended and GOG did what they had to do as serious business partners. Not hard to understand imo.
MarkoH01: Bingo. Probably Beamdog was offended and GOG did what they had to do as serious business partners. Not hard to understand imo.
This doesn't make me feel any better about GOG though... at all. It just shows they'll bend over just as they did with leaving the classics in the EE package.
I'm not a big fan of Beamdog but with a name like that, it was fair to remove it. Put yourself in GOG's position, they have nothing to do with Beamdog's doings but such a title would simply look as if they're biting the hand that feeds.

No need to make a big fuss about this, simply make a new mix with an acceptable title.