It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
*shakes head*

Took GOG a moment to mess this up, takes an impressive amount of time to restore it, then another moment to screw up again.

My vote's also not counted, will wait to see if the original state of the wishlist will be restored before adding it back, though.

elcook: [...] When I last checked, GOG was the only DRM-free digital distributor for PC. [...]
You might want to work on your weak google fu, then check again.

Marioface5: Wait, what are Itchio and (sometimes) Humble then? Not to mention other sites that I can't currently recall.
Add FireFlower Games; always and exclusively DRM-free, and carries quite a few titles that aren't here.
high rated
elcook: .
kohlrak: The actions of the company agree with the sentiment. Galaxy is creeping, and the fear of DRM creeps in with it. I would hope you can understand our side of things.
elcook: When I last checked, GOG was the only DRM-free digital distributor for PC. And we still release DRM-free games on a (almost) daily basis. And if you don't want to use GOG Galaxy, you don't have to. Just sayin'.
itch.io and humble are there, too. If you're taking a puritan approach, then we have GWENT, disqualifying you as well. If you quit trying to do things such as sneaking it onto our computers without more than small print on a page giving us a warning and telling us how it's still optional, maybe we'll question whether or not you're still trying to force it on us. There should have been communication, there.
So did the (original) vote count for the other wish list entry survive the restoration unscathed?
Post edited February 01, 2018 by Lemon_Curry
Lemon_Curry: So did the vote count for the other wish list entry survive the restoration unscathed?
Still claims I've voted for it (I haven't).
I see my last post started a discussion here (and even a new thread by kbnrylaec)! Discussion is always good, until we're not throwing insults at each other.

Let me clarify some things, because I was misunderstood, and most probably didn't state my thoughts clearly.

By saying that "GOG was the only DRM-free digital distributor" I meant the only let's call it "mainstream" distributor. And one that offers exclusively DRM-free games. While I really like what for example itch.io does for indie devs, 90% of their offer are really small projects (I'm not saying they are bad, to be clear!) - something way different than what you will find on GOG. And Humble, while it has a selection of DRM-free games, most of the catalogue is Steam keys.

As for GWENT, first of all it's still in beta and second of all it's an online only game, so yes it requires you to be online to play and GOG Galaxy is responsible for matchmaking and microtransactions if you wish to use them.
elcook: As for GWENT, first of all it's still in beta and second of all it's an online only game, so yes it requires you to be online to play and GOG Galaxy is responsible for matchmaking and microtransactions if you wish to use them.
Can we assume that "GWENT: Thronebreaker" will be Galaxy-free then?
elcook: As for GWENT, first of all it's still in beta and second of all it's an online only game, so yes it requires you to be online to play and GOG Galaxy is responsible for matchmaking and microtransactions if you wish to use them.
Frozen: Can we assume that "GWENT: Thronebreaker" will be Galaxy-free then?
At this moment we know that it will be a single player campaign, but for any details how it will be played, we need to wait for official announcement from CDPR.
high rated
And a good DRM-free multiplayer game would allow to set up own servers. Of course, they wouldn't be persistent, but one could still play a round of Gwent with friends. (With fixed card sets) ... But of course the real purpose of Gwent is making money by micro-transactions (a business practice that GOG used to scoff at). So of course setting up a private server for network play is not allowed. So the decision to make Galaxy mandatory for Gwent was a purely financial one. Not a technical requirement of multiplayer gaming.

But thanks for bugging the tech people until they restored the wish! I really appreciate that and I re-voted promptly.

And I really hope that Galaxy will become optional for Gwent as well, as soon as Gwent is out of beta. But I'll believe that when I see it.

elcook: While I really like what for example itch.io does for indie devs, 90% of their offer are really small projects (I'm not saying they are bad, to be clear!) - something way different than what you will find on GOG. And Humble, while it has a selection of DRM-free games, most of the catalogue is Steam keys.
And then there is zoom-platform. 100% DRM free and some good games. Granted, it's still small compared to GOG, but that's the way GOG started too. You're not as free of competition as you would like to be! ;-)
Post edited February 02, 2018 by Lifthrasil
high rated
elcook: By saying that "GOG was the only DRM-free digital distributor" I meant the only let's call it "mainstream" distributor.
I don't know much about PR or marketing, but I don't think advertising yourself as "the only game in town" is such a great idea. I mean, even if it were 100% true, which it is not, it stil doesn't sound good for you to say so out loud. It sounds like "so what? you're gonna keep buying from us whatever we do".
Irrelevant if Humble mostly sells steam keys, fact is it still sells a lot of DRM free games. 65 pages of DRM free goodies it'd seem.

So what if Itch.io games are small & "way different than what you will find on gog"? There's no down side there. Hell, most likely a bonus.

You mention being DRM free, yet mention gwent, which clearly is not DRM free....Being beta is completely irrelevant, no idea why you even brought that part up.
Lifthrasil: And a good DRM-free multiplayer game would allow to set up own servers. Of course, they wouldn't be persistent, but one could still play a round of Gwent with friends. (With fixed card sets) ... But of course the real purpose of Gwent is making money by micro-transactions (a business practice that GOG used to scoff at). So of course setting up a private server for network play is not allowed. So the decision to make Galaxy mandatory for Gwent was a purely financial one. Not a technical requirement of multiplayer gaming.

But thanks for bugging the tech people until they restored the wish! I really appreciate that and I re-voted promptly.

And I really hope that Galaxy will become optional for Gwent as well, as soon as Gwent is out of beta. But I'll believe that when I see it.

And then there is zoom-platform. 100% DRM free and some good games. Granted, it's still small compared to GOG, but that's the way GOG started too. You're not as free of competition as you would like to be! ;-)
Thanks, hadn't heard of this site before.
Bookmarked them :D
Post edited February 02, 2018 by fishbaits
elcook: By saying that "GOG was the only DRM-free digital distributor" I meant the only let's call it "mainstream" distributor.
Breja: I don't know much about PR or marketing, but I don't think advertising yourself as "the only game in town" is such a great idea. I mean, even if it were 100% true, which it is not, it stil doesn't sound good for you to say so out loud. It sounds like "so what? you're gonna keep buying from us whatever we do".
Now you're taking my quote out of context. It was my reply to kohlrak's assumption GOG is going in the direction of incorporating DRM in games that are distributed here ("Galaxy is creeping, and the fear of DRM creeps in with it"). I just want to show you guys we're still and everyday fighting to bring more and more cool games for you, without any kind of DRM, which sometimes, when I read some comments on the forum, I feel you don't remember or just don't want to remember.
Breja: I don't know much about PR or marketing, but I don't think advertising yourself as "the only game in town" is such a great idea. I mean, even if it were 100% true, which it is not, it stil doesn't sound good for you to say so out loud. It sounds like "so what? you're gonna keep buying from us whatever we do".
elcook: Now you're taking my quote out of context. It was my reply to kohlrak's assumption GOG is going in the direction of incorporating DRM in games that are distributed here ("Galaxy is creeping, and the fear of DRM creeps in with it"). I just want to show you guys we're still and everyday fighting to bring more and more cool games for you, without any kind of DRM, which sometimes, when I read some comments on the forum, I feel you don't remember or just don't want to remember.
Fear can make people do rather odd things, like believe something is there when it is not.
Post edited February 02, 2018 by wolfsite
high rated
elcook: Now you're taking my quote out of context. It was my reply to kohlrak's assumption GOG is going in the direction of incorporating DRM in games that are distributed here ("Galaxy is creeping, and the fear of DRM creeps in with it"). I just want to show you guys we're still and everyday fighting to bring more and more cool games for you, without any kind of DRM, which sometimes, when I read some comments on the forum, I feel you don't remember or just don't want to remember.
No offense, but GOG has no one to blame but itself for how we feel about how reliable its stance on DRM is. Simply put, you (I mean GOG, not you personally) are still paying the price for the debacle with Galaxy installers and bringing the always-online Gwent here. And what was done to patch things up? Nothing. We're still waiting for the promised option to set classic installers as default, and when we ask a very simple question about whether the single player content in Gwent will be available DRM-free you yourself have to admit you don't know. I think you can see how none of this is doing wonders for our confidence in GOG.

I appreciate your position as only a spokesman for the company here, but please, don't try to imply that we're being unreasonable and ungrateful. It's condescending and obviously unfair.
Post edited February 02, 2018 by Breja
high rated
No offence, but the rest of what you said in post #185 provides enough context for Breja's comment.

We're not forgetting that you're releasing games DRM-free, not at all, however, you should keep in mind that we're also aware that you're not the only ones.

And going back to topic, how long will the investigation, and hopefully restoration, of the lost votes take?
high rated
Fighting? You mean like WE had to do to keep Galaxy out of our offline installers? If gog had acted more like it used to rather than like steam the last few years maybe we'd give gog the trust we used to.