It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adaliabooks: My current method of getting them from GOG no longer seems to be working for some reason and I can't find the proper one I should be using and since you already collate it on GOG DB it's probably easier to just get it there.
https://api.gog.com/v2/games/1 has the box art in _links.boxArtImage. How are you doing it now?
adaliabooks: My current method of getting them from GOG no longer seems to be working for some reason and I can't find the proper one I should be using and since you already collate it on GOG DB it's probably easier to just get it there.
Yepoleb: https://api.gog.com/v2/games/1 has the box art in _links.boxArtImage. How are you doing it now?
I'm using your https://www.gogdb.org/data/products/ url to get it now.
Before that I was using https://gamesdb.gog.com/platforms/gog/external_releases/
And before that I had used the one you mentioned, but I changed for some reason and I don't know why or when *shrug*
adaliabooks: And before that I had used the one you mentioned, but I changed for some reason and I don't know why or when *shrug*
I think gamesdb works for a bigger number of games than any other API.
adaliabooks: And before that I had used the one you mentioned, but I changed for some reason and I don't know why or when *shrug*
Yepoleb: I think gamesdb works for a bigger number of games than any other API.
Ah, it could be to do with packaged games then. I know I always used to have issues with that and I think I remember changing something to fix it.
I noticed that some games have an unlikely GOG release date: 1991-12-25.
Is it possible to fix the problem or is the data no longer available?
Alexim: I noticed that some games have an unlikely GOG release date: 1991-12-25.
That might be the default date of the operating system, used when no date is available. I don't know what is used these days, it used to be an earlier date.
Alexim: I noticed that some games have an unlikely GOG release date: 1991-12-25.
This is authentic GOG data, I have no better source. I usually try to work around their mess, but in this case I can't.
It's Christmas in 1991. You are young. You get up in the morning and there's a new video game under the brightly decorated tree. Nothing to do but play it all day long. Life is good. :P

drrhodes: That might be the default date of the operating system, used when no date is available. I don't know what is used these days, it used to be an earlier date.
That's typically 1970-01-01...
Post edited August 22, 2022 by WinterSnowfall
Yepoleb: This is authentic GOG data, I have no better source. I usually try to work around their mess, but in this case I can't.
I see, and I don't find it hard to believe. XD

WinterSnowfall: It's Christmas in 1991. You are young. You get up in the morning and there's a new video game under the brightly decorated tree. Nothing to do but play it all day long. Life is good. :P
Good memories, good memories... GOGbears once again played with our feelings.
Yepoleb: Sorry it's taking so long! I've been working on a lot of bigger changes that I'd like to deploy all at the same time to reduce downtime, so it'll take just a few more days.
Have you had the time to look at the problem or fix it yet? When I run my scripts, it still detects all the discrepancies. Or is it maybe a matter of having to clean up the broken entries?

Yepoleb: What a cool project! I've added achievements to my own GOG DB wishlist. If you share your code maybe I can learn from it.
I can share my code with you, no problem. It's written in amateur python, so maybe you can make use of it. I don't want to make it public though, given how it's a structural nightmare. Feel free to message me should you be interested.
Kevin04: Have you had the time to look at the problem or fix it yet? When I run my scripts, it still detects all the discrepancies. Or is it maybe a matter of having to clean up the broken entries?
I deleted the empty price files a while ago. It just occurred to me that you are probably still iterating the empty directories, which I forgot to delete. They will be gone with the next dump. Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation.
Yepoleb: I deleted the empty price files a while ago. It just occurred to me that you are probably still iterating the empty directories, which I forgot to delete. They will be gone with the next dump. Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation.
Thanks, most of the problematic product ids are gone now. However, there are still 77 left when I run my script against the current gogdb_2022-09-09.tar.xz. I've uploaded a full list for you here.
I've added my own version of WinterSnowfall's download version mismatch table at https://www.gogdb.org/user/version_mismatch (with his approval). It will be better integrated into the site later.

Kevin04: Thanks, most of the problematic product ids are gone now. However, there are still 77 left when I run my script against the current gogdb_2022-09-09.tar.xz.
These products have a changelog entry of when they were added, so I won't remove them for being empty.
Yepoleb: I've added my own version of WinterSnowfall's download version mismatch table at https://www.gogdb.org/user/version_mismatch (with his approval). It will be better integrated into the site later.
Ah, now I can finally retire and grab that margarita on a tropical island somewhere :P. Glad to see this up and running and thank you for your work. It looks better part of GOG DB, gotta say :).

However, it does look like you're capturing more data that you should be (at least compared to my current code), mostly due to the following:

- I simply skip comparisons for any offline installer that matches on .*(gog-.*)$ - this is because they're legacy versioned installers that are most likely in sync with Galaxy and haven't been updated in literal years anyway

- I don't collect any build versions from named branches (such as "dev" or "beta") - those won't ever get offline installers so the discrepancies will be artificial. It was first brought to my attention by mrkgnao but matches my observations anyway.

- there are some that will be blatantly false positives (like The Little Acre) - having a manual way of ignoring those in the backend and not listing them in the table is useful and what I'm also using at the moment for some entries. I can provide what I've currently marked as manually invalid based on user reports so far, if you're interested - though you could also keep them in the table as they are essentially versioning problems GOG should fix, even if the content is in sync.
Yepoleb: I've added my own version of WinterSnowfall's download version mismatch table at https://www.gogdb.org/user/version_mismatch (with his approval). It will be better integrated into the site later.
WinterSnowfall: Ah, now I can finally retire and grab that margarita on a tropical island somewhere.
Please don't until Yepoleb fixes his script to have the same results as yours.