It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Gekko_Dekko: if you will ever come back to work on gogdb, I have a request: it could be really nice to have ability to subscribe to updates rss feed on per-game basis (or just with some filtered results in output).
Coz its really awesome to see all updates of gog games in rss feed, but there is no reason to overfill your personal feed with info regarding games you dont own.
That's a great suggestion, I think the way multireddits work would fit well for this system.

I still think about GOG DB regularly, I don't want to abandon my most popular project. So far trying to get back to it has always failed, because the update script has grown into such a big mess that I didn't want to work with it anymore and another big reason is that I stopped using GOG for the most part.

Back when Steam didn't have Proton integration, getting Windows games to work on Linux was a big pain because of the DRM, so I went to GOG instead, but now that problem is gone and running Windows games is almost fully transparent in Steam. While I care a lot about DRM, I care even more about vendor lock-in, because that's been proven to be a much bigger struggle than any DRM system I've encountered. GOG has failed to address this issue in any way. They reduce Linux users down to simple sale numbers, without realizing they're a community full of people who are willing to do countless hours of work for free, if you just give them the smallest incentive. The reluctance to open up the Galaxy platform is in my opinion the biggest factor for its continuing irrelevance and the reason why I am no longer a GOG user and community developer.

If I ever start working on GOG DB again, it's no longer because I'm excited for the future of GOG, but to give back to the community who continues to appreciate what I started 2.5 years ago. I've learnt a lot about different programming techniques that would make working on the update script much more bearable and my desire to do another GOG DB update has recently been increasing as well. Maybe I'll try to get one out before the next Half-Life release, just because of the similarties in release cycles ;).
Yepoleb: The reluctance to open up the Galaxy platform is in my opinion the biggest factor for its continuing irrelevance
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yepoleb: If I ever start working on GOG DB again, it's no longer because I'm excited for the future of GOG, but to give back to the community who continues to appreciate what I started 2.5 years ago.
I still check GOG DB to this day whenever I'm interested to see what was updated in terms of offline installers, even if I have my own database that I can easily query at will, just because of the great UI you put together :P.
high rated
GOG DB is currently down for some surprise maintenance! I was working on another service and ended up breaking more things than intended.
I was getting worried!

It's my goto place for checking the daily updates :)

I hope you've time to fix it for us. x
Yepoleb: GOG DB is currently down for some surprise maintenance! I was working on another service and ended up breaking more things than intended.
Is it down (again?) for maintenance, or is something else going on? Last update was 2020.02.13, and even then it wasn't updating properly.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Is it down (again?) for maintenance, or is something else going on? Last update was 2020.02.13, and even then it wasn't updating properly.
GOG broke things and I was not prepared. Fix is live, I will publish the code tomorrow.
Great! I just wanted to express my gratitude and appreciation for your work.
Any chance you could look at the following:

ion_fury = Package name
ion_maiden_game = Game folder name

greedfall

the_bards_tale_iv_directors_cut

warlords
warlords_ii_deluxe

I can't get any info on these gamecard/folder name entries.
TIA
Yepoleb: GOG broke things and I was not prepared. Fix is live, I will publish the code tomorrow.
A very belated thank you, much appreciated.
Is it possible to download GOG files via console using depot manifest ? (like steam has)
TempleOfHorus: Is it possible to download GOG files via console using depot manifest ? (like steam has)
lgogdownloader has supported downloading depot files for a long time now.
Yepoleb: ~ ping ~
Could you, please, look into why GOGdb doesn't collect and report on updates of BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION?
high rated
Yepoleb: ~ ping ~
HypersomniacLive: Could you, please, look into why GOGdb doesn't collect and report on updates of BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION?
That's because it's not "a game", it's "a package". A package is a bundle of one or more games (in this case, one), where the store ID differs from the library ID (or IDs). GOGdb tracks the store ID, but all the changes happen on the library ID, so they are missed by GOGdb.
mrkgnao: That's because it's not "a game", it's "a package". A package is a bundle of one or more games (in this case, one), where the store ID differs from the library ID (or IDs). GOGdb tracks the store ID, but all the changes happen on the library ID, so they are missed by GOGdb.
A bundle of one game... genius.

I'd never have thought that BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION is treated as such. Time to get someone that has it to provide the correct ID.
high rated
mrkgnao: That's because it's not "a game", it's "a package". A package is a bundle of one or more games (in this case, one), where the store ID differs from the library ID (or IDs). GOGdb tracks the store ID, but all the changes happen on the library ID, so they are missed by GOGdb.
HypersomniacLive: A bundle of one game... genius.

I'd never have thought that BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION is treated as such. Time to get someone that has it to provide the correct ID.
I believe that for a while (two weeks?) it was bundled for free with another game (Stasis?). That brands it for life.