It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Order by: discount (percentage)
Filter by: price, discount

I like to filter price to $5 US or below, discount to 75% and above, and then order by either the discount or the price, depending on what exactly I'm trying to determine about an in-progress sale, then try switching to $7.50 and/or 50% if I run out of things to buy at the stricter filter settings before I exhaust my discretionary budget.

Currently, I rely on IsThereAnyDeal.com, filtered to GOG only, for everything I might otherwise use GOGdb for because of the lack of this functionality.

Also, convention says that the information given as "If you found bugs or want to request a feature, you can contact me on freenode IRC (##gogdb), Discord (Yepoleb#6459), Steam or post them in the GOG community topic. Source code is hosted on Github. " on the landing page should be part of the site footer.

That's where people who didn't arrive via the front page or weren't paying attention to its contents (or last read it long enough ago that they forgot) are going to look for it.
Post edited August 07, 2018 by ssokolow
high rated
Just a quick notice, Postgres backups are now limited to the last 5 days in preparation for the next big update which will massively increase the file size.

ssokolow: Order by: discount (percentage)
Filter by: price, discount
Thanks for your suggestion.

ssokolow: Also, convention says that the information given as "If you found bugs or want to request a feature, you can contact me on freenode IRC (##gogdb), Discord (Yepoleb#6459), Steam or post them in the GOG community topic. Source code is hosted on Github. " on the landing page should be part of the site footer.
Good idea, I have added it to my todo list.
Going to do the update now, please wish me luck.
Yepoleb: Going to do the update now, please wish me luck.
You don’t need luck, I have faith in your database voodoo skills ;)
high rated
The site is back but the database updates are paused for now because I'm running out of memory on the server. Fix could take some time.

Edit: Got the memory error fixed for now. The initial scan for builds will be running for the next few hours, regular updates should continue tomorrow.
Post edited August 15, 2018 by Yepoleb
Yepoleb: The site is back but the database updates are paused for now because I'm running out of memory on the server. Fix could take some time.

Edit: Got the memory error fixed for now. The initial scan for builds will be running for the next few hours, regular updates should continue tomorrow.
Thank you Yepoleb
Yepoleb: Edit: Got the memory error fixed for now. The initial scan for builds will be running for the next few hours, regular updates should continue tomorrow.
If you're using the content-system API endpoints to get the build info, I think you're going to run into an unpleasant kind of surprise. It is probably the most throttled API out there and you'll start getting 509 HTTP errors once you exceed what the GOGBear deems to be an acceptable quota. I hope you have a wait and retry loop in place...
WinterSnowfall: If you're using the content-system API endpoints to get the build info, I think you're going to run into an unpleasant kind of surprise. It is probably the most throttled API out there and you'll start getting 509 HTTP errors once you exceed what the GOGBear deems to be an acceptable quota. I hope you have a wait and retry loop in place...
Not a problem if you provide the appropriate headers and an auth token. My biggest enemy is the Python garbage collection at the moment.
Hi Yepoleb!

Does the server hosting GOG DB happen to be located in Germany?

I get several games as "UNLISTED", see my thread here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/several_games_seem_to_be_unlisted
(Maybe I shouldn't have created a topic on its own but just ask here first ...)

P.S.: Thanks for your work on GOGDB, it has proved a invaluable tool for me!
Yepoleb: Not a problem if you provide the appropriate headers and an auth token.
For a moment there I forgot you don't have to be incognito :).

Yepoleb: My biggest enemy is the Python garbage collection at the moment.
Well, you can debug it or tweak it, or perhaps weak references can help with speeding up collections.
Post edited August 15, 2018 by WinterSnowfall
diegozone3000: Does the server hosting GOG DB happen to be located in Germany?
Yes

diegozone3000: I get several games as "UNLISTED", see my thread here:
Don't trust the stuff GOG DB spits out right now, I'm still in the process of fixing the update script.

Edit: After looking into this, it seems like it's indeed the German IP blocks kicking in. I'm already considering relocating the server to somewhere without such strict censorship.
high rated
Update is finally complete, you can now fully enjoy the builds tab on all supported games.
Yepoleb: Edit: After looking into this, it seems like it's indeed the German IP blocks kicking in. I'm already considering relocating the server to somewhere without such strict censorship.
you can avoid the regional blocking for all website APIs by setting the cookie 'gog_lc' to something different than 'DE_EUR_de-DE', like: 'US_USD_en-US'.
The IP-based blocking only kicks in if you actually attempt to buy a game or if you don't provide the cookie in your request.
The galaxy APIs for getting product/build information don't do any regional blocking afaik.
Yepoleb: Don't trust the stuff GOG DB spits out right now,...
Yeah, but I was trained by the (kind of) unrelieable GOG update notifiers to trust GOG DB more.
(I always look at GOG DB first and -over the last year or so- I had the impression it is much more accurate.)

But as I also said in the other thread: The error was totally on my end...

Anyway, thanks for looking into this!
Yepoleb: Edit: After looking into this, it seems like it's indeed the German IP blocks kicking in. I'm already considering relocating the server to somewhere without such strict censorship.
immi101: you can avoid the regional blocking for all website APIs by setting the cookie 'gog_lc' to something different than 'DE_EUR_de-DE', like: 'US_USD_en-US'.
The IP-based blocking only kicks in if you actually attempt to buy a game or if you don't provide the cookie in your request.
The galaxy APIs for getting product/build information don't do any regional blocking afaik.
I'm already doing that to get USD prices. It's not working anymore.