It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Nonsense!

Fuck the deaf!!!

Who could possibly argue with me on that?
Well I can't hear anyone arguing.
LeonardoCornejo: And that is hy we can't have nice things. Because we are unable to open a debate on any topic without getting dogpiled no matter the side.

Fuck the deaf!!!

Well, I am deaf, but you couldn't possibly have been addressing me :)

Fuck the deaf!!!

jadegiant: Well, I am deaf, but you couldn't possibly have been addressing me :)
I knew making that joke was going to come back in bite me. :P

Seriously, I think you know I was being silly but if not, I sincerely apologize.
jadegiant: Well, I am deaf, but you couldn't possibly have been addressing me :)
tinyE: I knew making that joke was going to come back in bite me. :P

Seriously, I think you know I was being silly but if not, I sincerely apologize.
Nah, that's okay, I get around here enough to know you are not serious about 99% of the time :)
jadegiant: Nah, that's okay, I get around here enough to know you are not serious about 99% of the time :)
Same goes for me, in case you ever see me trolling about.
Post edited January 17, 2016 by zeogold
jadegiant: Nah, that's okay, I get around here enough to know you are not serious about 99% of the time :)
zeogold: Same goes for me, in case you ever see me trolling about.
Sure, I'll keep that in mind ;)
low rated
zeogold: Opinions are fine, so long as you're not name-calling/threatening/otherwise abusing somebody.
Klumpen0815: In this day and age, opinions seem to be the worst things you can have, if they aren't canon.
Outright harrassment often gets punished less (=is more likely to be just ignored) than politely stated opinions.
I'd probably have about 1400 rep by now if this wasn't the case and if we'd get new mods, real discussions probably wouldn't be happening anymore at all thanks to the phasing outrage culture.

Try it! Go into threads and just say "I think that Islam and neo-feminism are problematic" (with or without further reasoning, doesn't make any difference) and boy, you're in for a treat.
Go and try to say something gay-friendly. Trust me, you're in the same boat. Or, go against christianity. Say ANYTHING about God or Jesus. I dare you. Downvotedownvotedownvote.
Klumpen0815: In this day and age, opinions seem to be the worst things you can have, if they aren't canon.
Outright harrassment often gets punished less (=is more likely to be just ignored) than politely stated opinions.
I'd probably have about 1400 rep by now if this wasn't the case and if we'd get new mods, real discussions probably wouldn't be happening anymore at all thanks to the phasing outrage culture.

Try it! Go into threads and just say "I think that Islam and neo-feminism are problematic" (with or without further reasoning, doesn't make any difference) and boy, you're in for a treat.
itchy01ca01: Go and try to say something gay-friendly. Trust me, you're in the same boat. Or, go against christianity. Say ANYTHING about God or Jesus. I dare you. Downvotedownvotedownvote.
Dunno what you're talking about. I only see upvotes for that stuff unless it's attacking somebody. Your opinion is your opinion so long as you're not using it in an inflammatory manner.
I know soemthing that guarantees downvotes and every sane person agrees it should not. Criticism against Anita Sarkeesian or anyone else trying to censor video games.
low rated
LeonardoCornejo: I know soemthing that guarantees downvotes and every sane person agrees it should not. Criticism against Anita Sarkeesian or anyone else trying to censor video games.
Depends on how informed you are on the facts. Censorship is not right, but bullying is also not right. Chasing women off of games, chasing homosexuals out of forums is bullying. You can have your opinion, but you don't get to shove it down someones throat.
LeonardoCornejo: I know soemthing that guarantees downvotes and every sane person agrees it should not. Criticism against Anita Sarkeesian or anyone else trying to censor video games.
itchy01ca01: Depends on how informed you are on the facts. Censorship is not right, but bullying is also not right. Chasing women off of games, chasing homosexuals out of forums is bullying. You can have your opinion, but you don't get to shove it down someones throat.
I have literally seen zero bullying from those against SJWs. All harassment I have seen comes from them. I have seen more harassment in for example NeoGAF and GamerGhazi than on any normal gamer community.
itchy01ca01: Depends on how informed you are on the facts. Censorship is not right, but bullying is also not right. Chasing women off of games, chasing homosexuals out of forums is bullying. You can have your opinion, but you don't get to shove it down someones throat.
LeonardoCornejo: I have literally seen zero bullying from those against SJWs. All harassment I have seen comes from them. I have seen more harassment in for example NeoGAF and GamerGhazi than on any normal gamer community.
I really haven't. I have seen a ton of harassment on Xboxlive, Steam, even a bit here from personal PMs I have received.
Trying to say "I haven't seen it" is the cheap way out. It happens. It happens to "gay" people quite frequently, even in everyday life. I have personal experiences of gay people I know being beaten, bullied and having committed suicide due to bullying, just in the past 2 years.
So yea, it does happen. Closing your eyes and saying " I can't see anything " is delusional and defeats the purpose of intelligent conversation.
LeonardoCornejo: I have literally seen zero bullying from those against SJWs. All harassment I have seen comes from them. I have seen more harassment in for example NeoGAF and GamerGhazi than on any normal gamer community.
itchy01ca01: I really haven't. I have seen a ton of harassment on Xboxlive, Steam, even a bit here from personal PMs I have received.
Trying to say "I haven't seen it" is the cheap way out. It happens. It happens to "gay" people quite frequently, even in everyday life. I have personal experiences of gay people I know being beaten, bullied and having committed suicide due to bullying, just in the past 2 years.
So yea, it does happen. Closing your eyes and saying " I can't see anything " is delusional and defeats the purpose of intelligent conversation.
I am pretty much sure you are exaggerating your claims. It is true, harassment exists, but it is toward every demographic, no demographic is harassed more than others in gaming or on the internet in general. Some individuals may be harassed more often, but that is because they are considered annoying by others or because an idiot sets them as targets.

And I do know what I am talking about because I come from the depths of 4 chan and I was tempered in the vilest pits of 8 chan and similar chans. I move between many gamer communities and I don't see any single demographic being a popular target. About homosexuals being harassed in real life and bullie into suicide. It has become more and more rare as time passes. But media lies, and the current PC media will try to manipulate things as much as possible, and the death of a group considered "protected" is perfect propaganda and clickbait material.

I am not dennying it happens, I am stating the claims of gamers being natural misogynist homophobes are pure hogwash. And most of the "harassment" directed toward political correctness and censorship supporters is not even harassment at all, it is criticism, often valid, or in the worst case mockery. Trust me, Jack Thompson got a lot more harassment when he was a relevant figure than Sarkeesian ever got.

And all those claims that video game content influences the personality and mindset of players is messed up. Video games don't make you violent, video games don't make you misogynist, homophobic, racist, or any other "ist" or "phobic". People are capable of crytical thinking. I could play a video game in which you play the role of a Nazi German officer and I would still consider my Jewish firend one of my best friends. I could play Ethnical Cleansing and I would still consider black people and Jews just people. Heck, I can be against the current immigration trends in Europe and still consider Middle Easterns people, humans, and not all criminals as those who acted in Cologne and Paris.

You know what makes people racist, homophobic, misogynistic, heterophobic, and overall bigotted? Political correctness and censorship. Because it divides people in "opressed", "protected" and "minority" groups and "opressor", "bigotted", and "majority" groups. And that divide leads to resentment and negative feelings of those in one group toward those in the other group.

Trust me, playing the lowly tasteless game "Kill The Faggot" or the morbid "RapeLay" is a lot less likelly to make you a homophobe or a misogynist or even a rapist than the current PC culture in which you can't say anything or otherwise you are labelled a bigot.

And nobody chases women or homosexuasl or whatever off of games, because guess what? Gaming is a meritocracy, as long as you are a good player nobody wil care that much about your age, gender, nationality, sexual preferences, or any other trait. Most of the time gamers won't even ask. They will identify you by your nickname and your avatar, and not by your human body. Heck, gamers are one of the most welcoming communities I have ever met. And I entered online gaming during a period in which Americans felt a lot of hard feelings toward Mexicans. Guess what, most of my friends in online games were from souther USA states, and when they found out I was Mexican they did not care. They only cared about my skill at playing and being fun.
Post edited January 17, 2016 by LeonardoCornejo
low rated

itchy01ca01: Go and try to say something gay-friendly. Trust me, you're in the same boat. Or, go against christianity. Say ANYTHING about God or Jesus. I dare you. Downvotedownvotedownvote.
Or trans-friendly, for that matter.
Criticizing Anita Sarkeesian's videos is OK, as long as the criticism is constructive. (In particular, you should explain *what* the video gets wrong. This, of course, means that you need to actually watch the video (or at least read the transcript) so you can form an informed opinion. Attacking her for daring to put the videos out in the first place is not OK (and could be considered censorship).

Also, keep in mind that criticism is not censorship. Just because Anita Sarkeesian thinks a game is problematic does not mean she wants it off the shelves.

(Note that the whole "criticism is not censorship" goes both ways, of course.)

Edit: Also, look at this blog post I found:
http://zennistrad.tumblr.com/post/100183904343/an-open-letter-to-anita-sarkeesian-conspiracy
Post edited January 17, 2016 by dtgreene
dtgreene: Or trans-friendly, for that matter.
dtgreene: Criticizing Anita Sarkeesian's videos is OK, as long as the criticism is constructive. (In particular, you should explain *what* the video gets wrong. This, of course, means that you need to actually watch the video (or at least read the transcript) so you can form an informed opinion. Attacking her for daring to put the videos out in the first place is not OK (and could be considered censorship).

Also, keep in mind that criticism is not censorship. Just because Anita Sarkeesian thinks a game is problematic does not mean she wants it off the shelves.

(Note that the whole "criticism is not censorship" goes both ways, of course.)

Edit: Also, look at this blog post I found:
http://zennistrad.tumblr.com/post/100183904343/an-open-letter-to-anita-sarkeesian-conspiracy
wo things. First, she does support censorship and this has been proven by several of her actions including her speech before the UN.

Second. I know this will sound biased and narrow minded but I am not going to read something from Tumblr. It is just not a place worth my time.