It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

triock: I'll take Bunker and leave 18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker (Steam) for it.
Ok.

BillyMaysFan59: You need to have 100 rep or more to use this thread.
triock: Well, if he doesn't take anything, I think it's okay. ;)
Running wild till the boss comes in :)
triock: I'll take Bunker and leave 18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker (Steam) for it.
v3: Ok.

triock: Well, if he doesn't take anything, I think it's okay. ;)
v3: Running wild till the boss comes in :)
There is a 100 rep requirement for giving, even without taking something. The requirement is there b/c the thread is for the moderately-committed forum members who will come back periodically at least and have some investment in the community. Those types of people are most likely (given the limited tools we have to "wihtelist" or "blacklist" someone) to fulfill a good trade with good codes.

v3 is clearly a generous person (here and the treasure hunt, from what I've seen) and your gift is very generous. Thank you. Soon, you'll be able to give them b/c you seem like good peeps, so your rep will only go up. I for one will upvote your post. You deserve it.

If you and triock already exchanged, that's fine. Triock can still put his truck game up. As for the rest of the codes, I'd recommend posting them elsewhere or waiting a month or two and coming back here once you're 100.

P.S. I modified the rules to reflect this more clearly.
Post edited July 23, 2015 by Tallima
Tallima: There is a 100 rep requirement for giving, even without taking something.
P.S. I modified the rules to reflect this more clearly.
Sorry, didn't want to cause troubles. From original description I understood rep requirement only applied in the case of give and take, but now that you've modified it, it's unequivocal. I'll be removing the titles from the list.

Btw, for some reason the spreadsheet didn't calculate 65% marks, so they had to be entered manually.

Tallima: If you and triock already exchanged, that's fine. Triock can still put his truck game up.
Yes, it went by pretty quickly.

Thank you for your understanding and good luck!
v3: Ok.
Game redeemed, list updated, thanks again. :)
v3: Thank you for your understanding and good luck!
Your generosity is very much appreciated, cheers =)

Here's to hoping you get to your 100 rep mark soon =)
Hello, I still have code for the witcher 2 from the fall sale last year, anyone wants it let me know, I'm not sure what game I want in return so just make me an offer.
NOXIE911: Hello, I still have code for the witcher 2 from the fall sale last year, anyone wants it let me know, I'm not sure what game I want in return so just make me an offer.
This isn't a trading thread. Go here:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread
NOXIE911: Hello, I still have code for the witcher 2 from the fall sale last year, anyone wants it let me know, I'm not sure what game I want in return so just make me an offer.
BillyMaysFan59: This isn't a trading thread. Go here:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread
Sorry and Thank you
leon30: If you can't leave them here, you sure can leave them there http://www.gog.com/forum/general/takeonegiveone_giveaway_thread
I'm familiar with the famous predecessor, still this one has more stricter rules (obviously :), especially when it comes to games' retail values ratio, that makes it more immune to potential manipulation, thereby seemed like a more suitable home for at least some of the titles offered on my part.

triock: Game redeemed, list updated, thanks again. :)
Cheers!

BillyMaysFan59: Your generosity is very much appreciated, cheers =)

Here's to hoping you get to your 100 rep mark soon =)
Glad to know. Thanks :)
I propose a new rule. What say you folks?

How Long Will My Game Be Up For Grabs?

1 Year. After 1 year, your game will be grayed out in the spreadsheet. Then nobody will be able to submit that game again, but you can feel free to use your code in any way you see fit.

Something like that. Exact wording my change.

You guys like it?

That way:
- games nobody wants will eventually disappear
- people won't keep submitting those games
Seems a little sad to me. Poor unwanted codes. If they remain available, at least there is some chance someone will swap them out.

Wasn't my last swap an original direct from OP? As there is already a rule about no duplicate games, I'm not sure what this would achieve.

I'm not against the idea per-se. I'd just not sure I see any reason for it. If you do implement it, there will need to be a "date added" column for those of us not in a rush. I can see that this "ticking clock" scenario could potentially mean more activity (FoMO), but I can also see it meaning the codes will be more likely swapped out for backlogs instead of to be played. A timer is finite, but backlog is forever.
Post edited August 13, 2015 by HeDanny
HeDanny: Seems a little sad to me. Poor unwanted codes. If they remain available, at least there is some chance someone will swap them out.

Wasn't my last swap an original direct from OP? As there is already a rule about no duplicate games, I'm not sure what this would achieve.

I'm not against the idea per-se. I'd just not sure I see any reason for it. If you do implement it, there will need to be a "date added" column for those of us not in a rush. I can see that this "ticking clock" scenario could potentially mean more activity (FoMO), but I can also see it meaning the codes will be more likely swapped out for backlogs instead of to be played. A timer is finite, but backlog is forever.
Yeah. I'm not sold on it either. Someone recently sent me a PM with a code to a game on the list b/c they weren't going to use the forums any more. And it got me thinking: not everyone's going to be around forever.

I originally made the "no expiration date" rule b/c then people would put good games up. But even games that I'd consider good have been up there for a long time. And we also have quite a few junk games.

I'll think on this some more. Perhaps there's another option (like they go into a giveaway or something?).
Tallima: Not everyone's going to be around forever.
That was one of the first thoughts I had when I saw this thread. Has this happened yet? Has anyone requested a code left by an inactive member? The forums do seem to be having a sort of exodus of late. Witcher 3? Galaxy? Who ever contacted you was thoughtful. Respect to them for that.

Tallima: Perhaps there's another option (like they go into a giveaway or something?).
This could work for sure, but I think one of the things the LAGTAG has going for it is that it is not a give-away. It is pretty hard to deny that Giveaways have been.. a bit of a problem around here of late.
I don't think the problem is that the games are unwanted (at least some of them are quit good) but that the pool is participations is very narrow.

Now I understand and agree with the rational for this, to maintain the quality of the games given in exchange, but maybe it would be better if people with less than 100 rep could participate, to maintain standard you could set more rigid rules for them, for example that they would need to give a game of equal value or two game at 65% value or something in that spirit.
Ingsoc85: I don't think the problem is that the games are unwanted (at least some of them are quit good) but that the pool is participations is very narrow.

Now I understand and agree with the rational for this, to maintain the quality of the games given in exchange, but maybe it would be better if people with less than 100 rep could participate, to maintain standard you could set more rigid rules for them, for example that they would need to give a game of equal value or two game at 65% value or something in that spirit.
Rep isn't a sure-fire way to assure that someone isn't scamming, but it helps to have committed forum members. In the TOGO thread, I gave 3 games away and got junk codes for them. It wasn't a big deal to me, so I never reported it, until later when I realized that most people were probably doing the same thing as I: giving games, not getting. So the compulsory reporting and rep requirements were born.

I did intend this to be used by GOG forum regulars, so the current rep setting I think is good. There must be thousands of users with that much rep. But you are correct, participation is low -- which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'll think on it some more. Keep the brainstorming going. Even crazy ideas often spawn good ideas.