Destro: This topic is meant only for suggestions regarding GOG.com functionality / features.
If there's a game you'd like to see on GOG.com, please vote on it using via Wishlist page - http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist
So I didn't realize a thread like this existed - ahem forum search could use some tweaking :) - and so I created a suggestion thread of my own and collected a lot more community suggestion over the course of January. You can find the original thread here
. Here is a copy of the OP with all suggestions listed at once:
- List sorting types on Catalogue page: So the at least the list is up and sortable by votes/date added, but there are other sortable parameter like author and date modified.
- Scrollable List: Making the list scrollable (i.e. a separate scroller from the window for the list) would help in GOGmix discovery as opposed to the "More GOGmixes" button - the clicking of which gets annoying after a few times especially given how long the list is.
- Searchable List: This has been one people have asked for practically since the GOGmix's debut. For me, here are the relevant search terms: title, author, "like" range, date range, and game(s) in mix.
- Description of the GOGmix: A short little tagline or small description over why the GOGmix exists (optional) would be nice and would aid in searching if you could search the description. Adds more specificity capable in a title alone.
II. GOG reviews
- Add being sortable by highest/lowest rating
- Searchable by name of reviewer - also I'd like to click on a name and pull up other reviews by that person - perhaps GOG'll add the latter when GOG adds profiles?
III. GOG forums
- Search by name of poster both the OP and posters within the thread - and like the reviews section, making the name clickable so one could see other posts by the author (again maybe something GOG was thinking of doing when adding profiles?)
- option to see a preview of post before adding it
- Create an Off topic forum separate from the General forum. Off topic threads are very important to creating a community and the GOG community seems more mature than most so its off topics aren't the cesspool of inhuman excrement typically found on other game sites. That said, separating the completely off topic threads would give a more organized experience.
IV. GOG bugs
- After submitting tech support for a game, it would be nice if it appeared in a bugzilla like interface where others could find it and add their support to it if they've had the same experience - it stops multiple bug reports for the same bug, gives a nice interface for people to see what bugs are out there already, and to communicate back and forth with GOG members over the bugs.
- Another not entirely incompatible idea is to treat support and feedback like messages between the user and GOG since GOG is going to add messaging to profiles. This way one can keep track of the technical support issues and other to: GOG communication (and of course GOG's replies to any of these) on one's GOG profile.
V. Game Updates
- Speaking of bugs: Sometimes a game gets updated/patched - not always for bugs, but even in general. It would be nice to have a better notification system of games you own being updated: 1) by e-mail, 2) by flags on the main page like "forum reply", 3) flags on the games themselves in the My account section, (4) all options (1) - (3)
- Change logs on either the Game Card and/or the Game info tab in the My Games section.
- Under the Downloads tab - giving the option of installing the latest updated files manually by browser so you don't have to re-download everything on large games
- GOG Updater/Downloader - adding an updater to the GOG Downloader would be great, especially if it could check for updates to your games manually or automatically every X time periods, if it could install the updates to multiple installs of a game at once, and help keep track of the version of each game install.
VI. New Community Suggestions 01/27/11
-forums: fix links (maybe fixed?), remove post length restrictions (fixed?), allow us to delete our own posts/threads, edit the title our own posts, emoticons (especially cool, game-inspired zany ones), and add a formal system to create polls, imbedded pictures with allowing pictures to be viewed as imbedded or in attachments as an option in the forum settings panel, tabbed or multiple posting windows to work on different posts at the same time
-Gift section to profile so you know who gifted you what, when. Adding Interac as a payment option for our Canadian brethren,
- GOG extras available to download through download/as a single manual download, mod database for gog games
-more options in shelf rearrangement (allow blank spaces, move several games at once, more sorting options, etc...), tag the games: wishlisted, not tried, installed, played, finished