It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'll be coming back for s8 but may have to cut out early if the kid pops out (it's a girl btw) sooner then expected. I feel that long break with a short season (normal bb, dont own dungeon bowl, and feel it should be an expansion not a stand alone, full priced game at any rate, like it being included with chaos edition to justify the $20 extra for 3 more teams!) sounds like the best option.
Post edited January 26, 2015 by Necross
I'm fine either way. I'm not tired of Blood Bowl, so if we're doing a short break, I'll available. If we're doing a long break, I'll simply be available later. I also have Dungeon Bowl, and while I enjoy Blood Bowl more (Dungeon Bowl might be a bit _too_ random for a competitive game, since you don't even know where the ball is, and a single touchdown ends the match), I wouldn't mind playing a season of Dungeon Bowl either.

In short, whatever we're doing, I'll join. :)
Dungeon Bowl seems to cost 15€ on steam...and like 2,5€ on Kinguin for example :|

where its bought, i think its updated to "knockout edition" or such, which has all the teams and dlc in it.

personally, id be interested in either short offseason DB or BB fun, if anyone is interested.
I'm only on my third season, not tired at all and still have a lot to discover in the game.

I don't own dungeonbowl so that no option for me ;)
btw, Mafia and myself ended today in a 2:0 Win for my Skaven
I defenitly want to take a break from BB as well. As much as the game rocks and is fun to play it is very tiresome and exhausting. I've had a couple of very good games against very good and seasoned players. The tension that I get from seeing the things on the field unfold litteraly cramps me up, I don't feel this in any other game not even Magic: The Gathering...

Also it has been frustrating for me to find just hte right time and place to play out my matches. I usually work late and besides that I'm doing many other things (drawing, playing other games, RL things) so usually all of these take precedence to BB. Not to mention the difficulty finding a game with someoone in a different timezone. I am truly sorry for our non-european players :/ Alas BB is just that much of a time commitement especially when the matches are tough and the allotet time per round is milked until the very last second, each time.

I believe it is a good idea that the season will go on a hiatus so that players can catch up on other things and ignore BB for a while. I am not sure if I will be back for S8, I need to see how much time I would be able to dedicate at this point in the future.

But I think you guys have been an awesome community and I hope that the GoG league will be going strong for many more seasons to come!

--------------------------------------------------------

Back to our match of the day fans!!

WereCrow's Lazerwolfz defeat the Crucible Dippers 3-2 in a blisteringly fast and as usualy, quite brutal match.

Both coaches used the last bit of brain power to decide on their positioning, tackle zones, blocks, blitzes and movements in order to trump their opponent's tactics.
As both teams aren't known for being slowpokes (well at the least the Werewolves...) the match started out as a back and forth of TD's as Gutter Runners and Werewolves took turns carrying the skin into their respective, opposite tacklezones.

E_A used his tride and true "Throw the ball to a Runner who runs reaaallly far that gives it to another runner that also runs reaaallly far and into the TD zone" to full effect and the Wolves had to use some risky tactics just to keep the pace with those agile rats!
(For example pulling of 2 turn TD by themselves with a few lucky GFI's and failed dodge rolls by E_A)

The second half promised to be a much more exciting afair as both teams tried their best to each be the ones to score the next TD and most likely decide the entire matc h with that!

The Wolves did what they do best, that is to bash, claw and mangle the rats as much as they can. They were also added by a couple unlucky red skull dice that quickly depletet E_A's rerolls, leaving him open for even more unlucky dice. Especially his Rat Ogre "Einsteinium" proved to be the very opposite of his namesake, failing Wild Animal tests and loner rolls on a frequent basis. I believe this was the crux in a couple of crucial plays that helped give the momentum of the match to the Wolves.

The Wolves weren't flawless in their play however, as a couple of misplacements in their starting lineup lead to multiple players being pushed over the edge, including one of the namesake Werewolf, defenitly the team's most valuable asset!

But then, after a risky push forward by one of the Wolves carrying the ball in his pranks, he quickly became surrounded and overpowered by the dodgy Gutter Runners. But before he could reclaim the ball and turn the momentum, it seemed that Nuffle had taken interest in this particular game, he failed to pick it up. A nearby Wraith capitalised on the situation, helped push back one of the Runner's and allowed the Wolf to get up, take the skin and bring it into the TD zone!

The rats tried one last desperate push back, even though many of their players had already suffered a casualty or KO over the course of this long a nd drawn out game . (Although most of these seemed to have been caused by unfortunate red skulls)
The Runners were quickly surrounded by multiple Zombies and the agile Wolf and after E_A's Blitz ended in another red skull throw the game was pretty much decided then and there!!

What an exciting game and I defenitly did not expect this result. Agile teams are my nightmare but after playing with the Necromantics I have defenitly falled in love with the Werewolves and their amazing speed. They were defenitly the MVPs in this match.

I believe this game lives and breaths on rerolls. If you manage to force your opponent to use as many rerolls as possible until he his out of them, you will defenitly have a great advantage.

But of course you can also just keep rolling red skulls, failing GFI's etc. and have the game laugh at you in a very condescending, heinous voice.

I think I am pretty much a lock for the Play-Off's now thanks to this win! I am pretty glad for that! I am also pretty satisfied of how I've been playing this season so far.

Well fans see you next game! Replay is here
Post edited January 27, 2015 by WereCrow
I have at least have 1 more full season before I need a break. So I'll be in on season 8 for sure whenever it happens, if a small BB season happens inbetween its possible I'd play in that, Dungeonbowl definitely not on account of not having it.
The final matchday (matchday 9) of Season 7 has started!

Grab your opponent (and choose an empty square adjacent to him to push him back)!
just a note from the bench;)

I´d like to be back for season 8, regardless of the start date. So please count me in.

cheers
Necross and I wrapped up our final week of the season to the tune of a 1-1 tie.

My elves were clumsy. His gobbos and elves broke like glass out there tonight.

In the end, nothing insane. Tougher injuries to swallow, none apo'd since I was expecting death and had none.

That's all for the elves, then, and for me this season.
Replay uploaded to GDrive.
Post edited January 29, 2015 by Zeta
Bit new BB2 teasing: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2015/01/22/turn-based-brutality-with-blood-bowl-2/
Cnquist and me just finished our game. Was quite fun and it ended in a 1-1 draw. Till the end there was hope for either of us that we could win unfortunately it did not happen.

Replay is uploaded
anyone know how to close the window in the pic? Cat got on my keyboard and that thing popped up screwing up my game. It's not the first I've see thing but when its up I can't move players or the camera. the only fix i found if exit blood bowl completely by typing exit in that box
Attachments:
Necross: anyone know how to close the window in the pic? Cat got on my keyboard and that thing popped up screwing up my game. It's not the first I've see thing but when its up I can't move players or the camera. the only fix i found if exit blood bowl completely by typing exit in that box
i think windows key, alt or so.. should work on/off, try on SP :)
Necross: anyone know how to close the window in the pic? Cat got on my keyboard and that thing popped up screwing up my game. It's not the first I've see thing but when its up I can't move players or the camera. the only fix i found if exit blood bowl completely by typing exit in that box
You need to press that key thats left of your right ctrl key. It looks like it has a document on it.