It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'll try either Orcs or Amazons because I need to train for the next season. And what better way to train than to make a campaing team?
JudasIscariot: Orcs are supposedly beginner friendly from what I have heard.
l0rdtr3k: You know, doesn't require advanced coaching to be good. Maybe Amazons or Norse falls under tier 1?
Norse, no.
Amazons... They are a good team and I'm sure many people would say they are tier one but in my opinion they aren't fast enough short term to keep up with Skaven and Wood Elves and although they offer many different ways of development they suffer from their low AV long term.
But hey, that's only my opinion and we did have a champion amazon team in the league.
I know that for many tournament formats of table top Blood Bowl Amazons are considered a tier 1 team.

l0rdtr3k: I'll try either Orcs or Amazons because I need to train for the next season. And what better way to train than to make a campaing team?[
Read guides, watch matches (youtube, twitch or spectator mode), train a bit against the PC if you like but nothing replaces training against other humans.
Post edited September 15, 2014 by Piranjade
l0rdtr3k: I'll try either Orcs or Amazons because I need to train for the next season. And what better way to train than to make a campaing team?
If you want tier one I'd say Orcs, Undead, Humans or Skaven pretty much in that order.

Orcs: are beautiful allrounders with a bit of a punch.
Undead: are versatile and have the advantage that all roles are pretty clearly marked (Basher, Catcher, Fodder etc).
Humans: excellent allrounders but require some thought in development due to the fact that they are so flexible.
Skaven: Highly competative but if you play them wrong you will suffer greatly.
l0rdtr3k: I'll try either Orcs or Amazons because I need to train for the next season. And what better way to train than to make a campaing team?
E_A: If you want tier one I'd say Orcs, Undead, Humans or Skaven pretty much in that order.

Orcs: are beautiful allrounders with a bit of a punch.
Undead: are versatile and have the advantage that all roles are pretty clearly marked (Basher, Catcher, Fodder etc).
Humans: excellent allrounders but require some thought in development due to the fact that they are so flexible.
Skaven: Highly competative but if you play them wrong you will suffer greatly.
I somehow completely forgot about Undeads. You're right about them.
march between me and arnob should start in about half an hour

<-- good oppoertunity too see skavens in action, but i will probably loose

for new players I think E_A summurized it pretty well

if you would like to get better understanding of mobility than pick humans or zons
for all rounder orc are the team of choice
but best will probably be undeads, they are not expansive and are mix of all previously mentioned teams. Just dont expect them to pass/throw the ball.
it honestly feels nice to be winning instead of losing :D

4-0 victory to me. The ref had a nasty, nasty, nasty eye on Leon today, and fouled him on the first stomp that he did!

Greedy goblins. Guess I'll have to bribe them more.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4PBKCqTpzGwdWxpOG9GZzBfTXc/edit?usp=sharing
Well just had my much delayed game against the pro elves and lets just say my nuffle defined role of league feeder continues as I suffered a 4-0 loss. On top of that I suffered 3 casualties (2 on turn 16, one was a death) one interception and Morg en Thorg stole all my spp. Winnings were lowest possible too. The only upside for me is that I lost a 0 spp lineman and negated a -st with an apotho.

Thus I'll be two down next game, and STILL have a team of lv 1s

Why does he hate me so?
Post edited September 15, 2014 by Necross
Made an Orc team and I achieved my first victory of 3-1 against a vampire team.
I don't know who it is but there are one or more coaches helping me to put all division 2 matches into BB manager.
I just want to say: THANK YOU!

It seems we have all matches that have been played in Season 6 in the 2nd division so far in BB manager! That is unprecedented for match day 4! It's wonderful (I think)!
Attachments:
cool!.jpg (348 Kb)
Thanks for your opinions .. i really was surprised ..

I havent thought of that side of the medal ... im going to overthink my statement.

I just thought to myself .. if i would have been on the other PC on my last three matches i wouldnt have had much fun.

Well .. i´ll give it a few thoughts..

Good Night People
Any news on Blood Bowl 2? Also, are halflings that bad?
l0rdtr3k: Any news on Blood Bowl 2? Also, are halflings that bad?
Lets look at pros and cons

Pros:
Two ST6 Treemen without loner, with Mighty Blow
Treemen can throw team mate, with strong arm, They are the most reliable throwers (Bonehead on Ogres, Always Hungry and Really Stupid on Trolls.)
All halflings have dodge and stunty
Halflings are cheap
They can get the Master Chef inducement for only 100K

Cons:
Treemen have MA2, meaning they have to go for it to just stand up (if they get knocked down)
Treemen have a chance to take root each time they move which means they can't move until the drive ends or they are knocked down
Halflings are ST2, they needs two halflings to get a one dice block against an average player
Halflings are MA5, meaning they are slower than your average player
Halflings are AV6, so they are squishier then wood elves, with stunty they get injured easier as well

All that said The Chefs of Destruction have a 2-1-0 record this season.
Piranjade: I don't know who it is but there are one or more coaches helping me to put all division 2 matches into BB manager.
I just want to say: THANK YOU!

It seems we have all matches that have been played in Season 6 in the 2nd division so far in BB manager! That is unprecedented for match day 4! It's wonderful (I think)!
You are welcome.
Post edited September 16, 2014 by cnquist
/Match mode turn on

My and digitalhero's match is about to begin!
Post edited September 16, 2014 by iippo
l0rdtr3k: Any news on Blood Bowl 2? Also, are halflings that bad?
Blood Bowl 2 looks like it will have a very small amount of teams at launch, which I find rather worrying. The first release of the current blood bowl version also suffered from this issue, which made it rather stale after only a short while. One of the beauties about BB is the team diversity.

As for Halflings, they are not very good. While it is not impossible to win with them, they suffer from the fact that most of their players have really poor stat lines and are easily wounded (due to them being stunties). Treemen are great bashers, but really slow. What this effectively means is that it is very hard for them to actually do something about the opponent having the ball, and it is also hard for them to protect their ball carriers. If you are new to the game, I would recommend against playing a stunty team (Goblins, Ogres & Halflings). Lizardmen is an interesting exception, because while their skinks are super squishy, they can, unlike the other teams with stunties, actually field a good amount of strong players, and their strong players don't suffer from major drawbacks, like bonehead, really stupid or rooted to the spot.

A great beginners team would be dwarves. All of their players start with important skills and they are really tough. Their passing game is terrible, but they are still very good at getting the ball from point A to point B. Other good teams for beginners includes:
Humans (bit tricky to develop, but decent enough stats and it is rare for humans to find themselves in a situation that they can't deal with).
Orcs (Not that dissimilar to humans actually. Worse passing game, but a bit tougher)
Wood Elves (Squishy but very straight forward)
Skaven (A little bit trickier than Wood Elves, but still very straight forward. Interesting development options, due to mutations)
AFnord: As for Halflings, they are not very good.
*cough*