It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What is it with people rolling doubles now at the end of the season?
During all three seasons I only had one doubles-level-up (my Goblin with guard) but after match 12 of the third season I got two level-ups with doubles, again on Goblins.

Vitek, for the Saurus I'd go with a "normal" skill, either strength (guard) or general (block).
The Armored Seagulls and Deathgate take to the field momentarily.

Song playing as the Seagulls take the field: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPW7T_tu3PM

Meanwhile, for Deathgate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e8j3-TuzCs (hehehehehehe...)

though it's probably something closer to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZn7k5rZLQ (This may or may not be my team's theme song next season.)
Vitek: Similar level up question. My Saurus rolled doubles. Should I take Dodge with my Saurus even if it's his first level up? So he doesn't even have block. Block is more useful to him than Dodge but he couldn't get another chance for it. Shall I waste the doubles or take less useful skill?
non block saurus lvl rather slow - so its really about how patient youre and if youre interested in trying to give him chances to td.. id probably go for block as first skill.
Piranjade: What is it with people rolling doubles now at the end of the season?
During all three seasons I only had one doubles-level-up (my Goblin with guard) but after match 12 of the third season I got two level-ups with doubles, again on Goblins.

Vitek, for the Saurus I'd go with a "normal" skill, either strength (guard) or general (block).
i got doubles on vamp - nothing good in the passing skills for him.. good old guard it was then ;)
Post edited February 02, 2014 by iippo
3-1 win for Arno.

Just not a great game on my part, same story as the season from day 1 onwards.

Got 3 level-ups, in fact the game was so gracious to offer me back the AV my Ogre lost two weeks ago.

He got Guard. My Blitzer got Guard. My Thower took Nerves of Steel, ending his campaign and possible career as the highest-levelled player on my team.

A fitting tribute to a player named after my bird that passed away almost 2 years ago.

Replay here:
http://wikisend.com/download/659380/Weekly_S3_D2_R13-Zeta-Arnob.db
Vitek: Similar level up question. My Saurus rolled doubles. Should I take Dodge with my Saurus even if it's his first level up? So he doesn't even have block. Block is more useful to him than Dodge but he couldn't get another chance for it. Shall I waste the doubles or take less useful skill?
Block, sadly this is the best option (except str up) for the 1st skill for saurus. You need to block with those guys, the more the better.
Zeta: Meanwhile, for Deathgate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e8j3-TuzCs (hehehehehehe...)
Haha :)

Zeta: 3-1 win for Arno.

Just not a great game on my part, same story as the season from day 1 onwards.
I enjoyed this game. Like often Nuffle seemed to favor me more than you would expect (i expect next season he will demand his payment).

Zeta had to make some desperate moves to catch up and he had a shot at making it equal (although not very likely). But it made the second half quite interesting :).

I'm quite surprised that at the end of this season my fragile amazons did not have more lasting injuries or deaths in the team. Think i had 3 deaths in total (bit hard to keep track of because i had reuse names because i could not think of any more fitting ones :) ). So far playing these av 7 teams seem to work for me (the norse also were quite able to survive the previous season) but ill probably try something else next season. Don't really want to play elves or something similar.
Ah well i had good season, hope the other players who go to the playoffs will keep us updated of when they play and perhaps stream it so we can enjoy these fun games :).
*taps mic* Is this thing on? Okay, good. *ahem*

TO ALL GOG WEEKLY BLOOD BOWL PLAYERS:

The admins have convened and have determined a few important moves that are to be addressed in the following post:

-Playoffs
-League Status/Resets

PLAYOFFS:

Playoffs will remain as they were in the previous season, a cross-divisional affair. This means that the matchups will be the following.

Division 1 1st seed vs. Division 2 4th seed
Division 1 2nd seed vs. Division 2 3rd seed
Division 1 3rd seed vs. Division 2 2nd seed
Division 1 4th seed vs. Division 2 1st seed

Subsequent rounds will keep as close as possible to an even distribution of division 1 vs. division 2 matches as possible.

LEAGUE STATUS:
Over the last few weeks, there has been much talk over the status of the league and what Season 4 might bring for the players of this league in terms of resetting.

Upon meeting, the admins believed it was time to introduce some more structure into the league. After 3 seasons, the league is robust, garnering many participants and is stable.

Despite the larger number of departures this season, many of them were filled by interested and willing participants. Additionally, we all know that real life happens, which is what dictated many of our departures, so we just need to recognize that sometimes Nuffle gets us harder in real life than the game.

It is with great pleasure that I introduce the new format of the GOG WEEKLY Blood Bowl League.

Effective at the close of Season 3's postseason, the new format will take effect. We are going to run this for one cycle to determine how well it works, but for now, this is the plan.

Season 4 has been determined to be a RESET SEASON. This is effective for every third season moving forward. In reset seasons, every player in the league will be REQUIRED to run a brand new team for the season. No team from any previous season is eligible to return in these seasons only.

Season 5 is a season where we plan on doing something a little different. Returning teams are eligible to return in this season from ANY previous season, however in this season, we will be doing our best to divide the teams into TV-based divisions, with TV tiers determining how possible this is at that time. These seasons are called TIER SEASONS.

Season 6 is what we affectionately dub OPEN SEASON. This season will function much like Seasons 2 and 3, where returners will be grouped as equally across divisions as possible, but newbs and vets will share the same divisions as each other in an OPEN SEASON.

The plan is that this carries across in cycles, so Season 7 would be a RESET, Season 8 a TIER, Season 9 OPEN, etc.

Also, as a final change to league formats, we are reducing the number of players in the league. There is now a cap of 20 players in the league, with an absolute hard cap of 24.

As a result of our recent shift to cutting places from the league, we are prepared to offer first choices for league registration to league members of this and previous seasons. The registration thread for the upcoming Season 4 will be opening THIS FRIDAY. BUT league members can already sign up from now on. The present plan is to begin Season 4 on February 21st.

We decided to implement these changes to inject some fresh blood and ideas into the league while giving it some more structure.

As a panel, we know that there's no way to please everybody all the time. We understand the concerns and needs of old-timers, returners and newbies, however we try our best and always welcome your input.
Post edited February 02, 2014 by Zeta
Sign-ups for Season 4 so far:
1. Zeta - Necromantics
2. iippo - Khorne
3. Piranjade - Skaven
4. E_A - Chaos
5. Rodzaju - Vampires
6. WBGhiro - Khemri
7. JudasIscariot - Nurgle
8. rcthedigitalhero - Wood Elves
9. mystral
10. Realrocker07 - Dark Elves
11. arnob8911
12. kanarek
13. Psyringe
14. CSPVG
15. HannoB - no dwarves
16. MafiaK1
17. Mainosmies - Dark Elves
18. jol1yroger
Post edited February 04, 2014 by Piranjade
Zeta: *taps mic* Is this thing on? Okay, good. *ahem*

TO ALL GOG WEEKLY BLOOD BOWL PLAYERS:

The admins have convened and have determined a few important moves that are to be addressed in the following post:

-Playoffs
-League Status/Resets

PLAYOFFS:

Playoffs will remain as they were in the previous season, a cross-divisional affair. This means that the matchups will be the following.

Division 1 1st seed vs. Division 2 4th seed
Division 1 2nd seed vs. Division 2 3rd seed
Division 1 3rd seed vs. Division 2 2nd seed
Division 1 4th seed vs. Division 2 1st seed

Subsequent rounds will keep as close as possible to an even distribution of division 1 vs. division 2 matches as possible.

LEAGUE STATUS:
Over the last few weeks, there has been much talk over the status of the league and what Season 4 might bring for the players of this league in terms of resetting.

Upon meeting, the admins believed it was time to introduce some more structure into the league. After 3 seasons, the league is robust, garnering many participants and is stable.

Despite the larger number of departures this season, many of them were filled by interested and willing participants. Additionally, we all know that real life happens, which is what dictated many of our departures, so we just need to recognize that sometimes Nuffle gets us harder in real life than the game.

It is with great pleasure that I introduce the new format of the GOG WEEKLY Blood Bowl League.

Effective at the close of Season 3's postseason, the new format will take effect. We are going to run this for one cycle to determine how well it works, but for now, this is the plan.

Season 4 has been determined to be a RESET SEASON. This is effective for every third season moving forward. In reset seasons, every player in the league will be REQUIRED to run a brand new team for the season. No team from any previous season is eligible to return in these seasons only.

Season 5 is a season where we plan on doing something a little different. Returning teams are eligible to return in this season from ANY previous season, however in this season, we will be doing our best to divide the teams into TV-based divisions, with TV tiers determining how possible this is at that time. These seasons are called TIER SEASONS.

Season 6 is what we affectionately dub OPEN SEASON. This season will function much like Seasons 2 and 3, where returners will be grouped as equally across divisions as possible, but newbs and vets will share the same divisions as each other in an OPEN SEASON.

The plan is that this carries across in cycles, so Season 7 would be a RESET, Season 8 a TIER, Season 9 OPEN, etc.

Also, as a final change to league formats, we are reducing the number of players in the league. There is now a cap of 20 players in the league, with an absolute hard cap of 24.

As a result of our recent shift to cutting places from the league, we are prepared to offer first choices for league registration to league members of this and previous seasons. The registration thread for the upcoming Season 4 will be opening THIS FRIDAY. BUT league members can already sign up from now on. The present plan is to begin Season 4 on February 21st.

We decided to implement these changes to inject some fresh blood and ideas into the league while giving it some more structure.

As a panel, we know that there's no way to please everybody all the time. We understand the concerns and needs of old-timers, returners and newbies, however we try our best and always welcome your input.
Loving the changes! I like that you are trying to bring some variety into this whole thing. Even might cause me to join up for another season ;>
In and calling dibs on khemri.
@piranjade please add me to the sign up roster :)
In. Wood elves. Hope I play Ghiro ;)
I guess I'll do Nurgles because forget trying to win against Elves and maybe I'll get to "recruit" some XD

Name:

Teen Mutant Ninja Nurgls is what fits in BB's name field :P
I'll join for the next season too. Haven't yet decided what team I'll play, though.
Piranjade: Sign-ups for Season 4 so far:
1. Zeta
2. Iippo
3. Piranjade
4. E_A
5. Rodzaju
Mark me down for a team, if you will!