It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Something about petty cash and inducements:
You can add gold to petty cash to buy inducements. For the team that has the higher team value (so the team that wouldn't get inducements) it works pretty straight forward.
Example: If that team wants an Apo (100k), it adds 100k gold to petty cash and buys an Apo.

For the team with the lower team value (which already gets inducements) things are slightly more complicated if they want to add petty cash.
Example: The difference in team value is 100k. The team with the lower TV wants a wizard (150k). This team would now have to add 150k (=the complete amount!) to petty cash to be able to get that wizard. Adding 50k would not do the trick.

The reason for that is that the sequence goes like this:
(1) withdraw money from your bank account to petty cash. This money is added to your TV
(2) calculate the TV difference.
(3) Get inducement money based on the TV difference after you've withdrawn money from your account.

So in the example above we have team A with TV 1000 and team B with TV 1100.
Team A gets 100k inducements but wants a wizard. Team A adds 50k to petty cash thinking that 100k + 50k = 150k = wizard.
But the game adds the 50k to team A's team value making it TV 1050.
Then it calculates the TV difference to team B which now is 50k.
And gives team A 50k of inducements.

That plus the 50k in petty cash make 100k inducements and team A still cannot hire a wizard.

A complete list of inducements:
http://www.plasmoids.dk/Inducements.pdf

Just keep in mind that not all Star Players are available in the computer game. Here is the list of the ones you can get:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_bloodbowl_restarting_soon/post725
Since Hawk52 passed his chance to pick the game on the prize pool,I two things:Killing Floor and everybody sharing their moments when Nuffle was the usual douchebag
Mine was on a SP game(Necro vs Nurgle) it was a draw,my last turn when my ghoul was about to do a GFI,I rolled 1 down and the poor sob died
mystral: And for my second game in a row against a chaos team with much higher TV, I lost again pretty much to no one's surprise I guess, 0-1 this time.

At least I suffered a lot less injuries than last time, although for some reason it was the Meatshield zombies who were extraordinarily resistant, not suffering a single injury or KO despite being knocked down all the time.
My more valuable players didn't fare nearly so well, unfortunately. At this rate I might end up with a team of 11 zombies.

Replay here
Flesh golem or Werewolf taking hits? If so, that hurts - but for ghouls dying is kinda "natural" in undead teams.. Then again, on long term ghouls are the ones youll be spending your money on as they are the weakest and dont come with regen.
iippo: Flesh golem or Werewolf taking hits? If so, that hurts - but for ghouls dying is kinda "natural" in undead teams.. Then again, on long term ghouls are the ones youll be spending your money on as they are the weakest and dont come with regen.
I don't have any ghouls yet. I delayed getting them so that my team would be more resilient early on, but that didn't work out so well.

The plan was to use the money I got to buy ghouls after 2 or 3 matches, but I have to replace a flesh golem first now. If things go on like this, tbh I'll never be able to get ghouls since all my winnings will be spent to replace other, more important positionals.
iippo: Flesh golem or Werewolf taking hits? If so, that hurts - but for ghouls dying is kinda "natural" in undead teams.. Then again, on long term ghouls are the ones youll be spending your money on as they are the weakest and dont come with regen.
mystral: I don't have any ghouls yet. I delayed getting them so that my team would be more resilient early on, but that didn't work out so well.

The plan was to use the money I got to buy ghouls after 2 or 3 matches, but I have to replace a flesh golem first now. If things go on like this, tbh I'll never be able to get ghouls since all my winnings will be spent to replace other, more important positionals.
well, ghouls -are- important players though. out of the box they are most agile players with average stats + mv7. 70k isnt bad price at all for them. they are relatively easy to score with - so getting either block or wrestle from them as 1st lvl up isnt all that difficult.

some actually claim to start necro's without flesh golems and see them as only "super zombies" - which while nice ST4 road blocks, dont actually outright win games.

..havent played with them myself, so i am perhaps not in position to comment that though.
I'm one of the Necro players that sees it the other way around:
Flesh Golems are important road blocks while you don' really need the Ghouls as Werewolves and Whights can transport the ball just as well.

I would always start with the full number of Werewolves, Whights and Flesh Golems and wait for the Ghouls.
You want the werewolves to level up first anyway, so why not have them score instead of the Ghouls.

That's how player styles can differ. :-D
Piranjade: I'm one of the Necro players that sees it the other way around:
Flesh Golems are important road blocks while you don' really need the Ghouls as Werewolves and Whights can transport the ball just as well.

I would always start with the full number of Werewolves, Whights and Flesh Golems and wait for the Ghouls.
You want the werewolves to level up first anyway, so why not have them score instead of the Ghouls.

That's how player styles can differ. :-D
Yes, that's the way I see it too. Flesh golems are really important when defending, or to protect the ball carrier before you run for it. Werewolves actually make better ball carriers than ghouls since they have the same agility and better movement.

Ideally, of course, you'd have all your positionals since zombies aren't very good. I think since ghouls are so fragile, and such a big target, you'll have to replace them at some point anyway, and it's probably better to get your more resilient core players first so they have a better chance to get some SPP.
Post edited October 30, 2013 by mystral
ok people,me and Aningan will play on friday 16:00(-3)
i regret to inform you that my labtop has been stolen and I'm unable to play blood bowl.

I'm sour and raging.
It's fine though. There's cctv footage, but the security in my country probably can't be damned to do anything more concerning that.

On Friday, I'll be first, copying that information into my computer, on Saturday, I'll be posting a message to them.

'To these three bastards whom stole my laptop. Consider yourself lucky, that I won't be meeting you again. But know this, I know who you are. I have your pictures. I have your names, I have your addresses. I may not have the resources to do anything about it right now, But I will. Count on it. If you want, just leave the bag at the counter and I'll do nothing.'

Probably won't do anything, but worth a shot, in my opinion.
Piranjade summed it up best--Flesh Golems act as that frontline muscle and are important roadblocks.

Wights and Werewolves are far more capable on this team than the Ghouls--originally I had intended to develop my Ghoul into a thrower, but well, Nuffle smiled on my team and blessed me with a Zombie with +AG--so naturally, when doubles came around, I had to give it Pass for the hell of it.
cheongzewei: i regret to inform you that my labtop has been stolen and I'm unable to play blood bowl.

I'm sour and raging.
It's fine though. There's cctv footage, but the security in my country probably can't be damned to do anything more concerning that.

On Friday, I'll be first, copying that information into my computer, on Saturday, I'll be posting a message to them.

'To these three bastards whom stole my laptop. Consider yourself lucky, that I won't be meeting you again. But know this, I know who you are. I have your pictures. I have your names, I have your addresses. I may not have the resources to do anything about it right now, But I will. Count on it. If you want, just leave the bag at the counter and I'll do nothing.'

aw crap :( so sorry to hear that.
The match between my dwarfs and Judas Chaos will began soon...
Bring your beers and sacrifices, it promises to be bloody!! :P
mefet: The match between my dwarfs and Judas Chaos will began soon...
Bring your beers and sacrifices, it promises to be bloody!! :P
Hopefully, there will be many broken bones :)
cheongzewei: i regret to inform you that my labtop has been stolen and I'm unable to play blood bowl.

I'm sour and raging.
Vibes man :-(

I'm sour and raging.

Damn , dude. I hope everything works out OK. Reported them to the police yet?