It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hawk52: For me, I usually put teams into two categories. Slow bashy and fast scorey. The Lizardmen are in both at the same time, and my brain hasn't figured out how to deal with that yet. Even though we've played three times now, I'm still at a loss at how to contain the Skinks while dealing with six Str 4 Saurus's. The lack of skills on the Saurus's help, but I just gave up on doing anything but road blocking them at a point.
I havent yet played against human lizard team - i have heard someone comment "blitz a skink every turn", but it isnt ofcourse quite as simply as that :)

With high av team id probably try to tie down every single saurus with a single player of my own and use the rest to go after skinks + ball - low av team like my norse would probably die from the man-marking strategy like that though. Well, i havent checked when i have match against Rod, but need to think about something by then...

---

That Kroxigor with block is pretty mean package btw :)

Seems my and Rod's match is on round 10...so DodoGeo, WereCrow, Moggrym and Ghiro, i am counting on you! lolz :p

---

Have to say i really like the randomness in a league with this many players - nooo idea how the teams and players will turn out after next 5 rounds, never mind at the end of the league. I must admit I am kind of super excited about it all.
Post edited March 30, 2013 by iippo
Hawk52: For me, I usually put teams into two categories. Slow bashy and fast scorey. The Lizardmen are in both at the same time, and my brain hasn't figured out how to deal with that yet. Even though we've played three times now, I'm still at a loss at how to contain the Skinks while dealing with six Str 4 Saurus's. The lack of skills on the Saurus's help, but I just gave up on doing anything but road blocking them at a point.
iippo: I havent yet played against human lizard team - i have heard someone comment "blitz a skink every turn", but it isnt ofcourse quite as simply as that :)

With high av team id probably try to tie down every single saurus with a single player of my own and use the rest to go after skinks + ball - low av team like my norse would probably die from the man-marking strategy like that though. Well, i havent checked when i have match against Rod, but need to think about something by then...
I tried that and I tried just kinda...avoiding the Saurus's and making them come after me. Rod's a really good player, so the end result was pretty much the same: My entire offense/defense line on the ground. The only way I could tie them up reliably was with two players at a time. Which worked for awhile, but eventually he knocked me down to 10 players, and I couldn't realistically do that.

And while I was tying up Saurus's, those damnedable Skinks were going all over and tying my guys up or giving the Saurus's the advantage in multiple blocks. Since they can dodge away easily, they actually became an offensive force that I couldn't defeat. One skink would tie me up even my best player, but his skinks could go anywhere. So even if I broke through a defending Skink, I couldn't stop them. Good luck taking them out too, given stunty, dodge, and sidestep which allowed him on several occasions to be pushed into even worse situations for me. Tackle neutralized it, but even then, I couldn't get them off the field.

Down with Skinks and Snotlings I say. And any other small dodgey little pests.
iippo: -
Hawk52: I tried that and I tried just kinda...avoiding the Saurus's and making them come after me. Rod's a really good player, so the end result was pretty much the same: My entire offense/defense line on the ground. The only way I could tie them up reliably was with two players at a time. Which worked for awhile, but eventually he knocked me down to 10 players, and I couldn't realistically do that.

And while I was tying up Saurus's, those damnedable Skinks were going all over and tying my guys up or giving the Saurus's the advantage in multiple blocks. Since they can dodge away easily, they actually became an offensive force that I couldn't defeat. One skink would tie me up even my best player, but his skinks could go anywhere. So even if I broke through a defending Skink, I couldn't stop them. Good luck taking them out too, given stunty, dodge, and sidestep which allowed him on several occasions to be pushed into even worse situations for me. Tackle neutralized it, but even then, I couldn't get them off the field.

Well, when i was still playing Go at tournaments some 5-6 years back (hopefully can start again later with the kids!), I did find myself quite often in the situation where things felt hopeless. No matter how much you counted everything and thought about the possible paths you could take - you would see walls everywhere.

The only cure i found in that kind of situations was overplay. Meaning, you play over aggressive, take risks and try to upset the game. A loss is a loss, whether you lose by 1 point or 20 points. So id rather reach out and try to grasp even that 1% desperate chance of upsetting the table, rather than follow the path i can see leads to a narrow, but certain loss.

In BB terms, id be taking those 2 dice blocks, 3+ dodges on ag2 dwarf, throwing with linemen - fouling players -> whatever looks like it might give me edge on the pitch. I mean, leaguewise it doesnt matter whether you lose by 1 or three goals, nor does it matter do you have 11 or 2 players on the pitch at the end of the match.

But thats just me ofcourse :)

---

btw you should maybe pay a littlebit more attention to which side of the pitch you move those dwarfs - they are slow as slugs - and for example in the first half you had free dwarf in the middle field with the skinks and saurus making cage on one side of the pitch - you then moved the dwarf from the middle to the opposite side of the pitch to assist another dwarf blocking a saurus. That may, or may not have been a losing move for the first goal - as just couple rounds later you didnt have enough players to oppose the slippery skinks from running a goal.

>> the single dwarf would have tied down the saurus without any problems - i dont think you need to win any block, tying down players is often just as effective and dwarf blockers with av9, block and tackle are one of the best in game to do just that.
Post edited March 30, 2013 by iippo
Hawk52: I tried that and I tried just kinda...avoiding the Saurus's and making them come after me. Rod's a really good player, so the end result was pretty much the same: My entire offense/defense line on the ground. The only way I could tie them up reliably was with two players at a time. Which worked for awhile, but eventually he knocked me down to 10 players, and I couldn't realistically do that.

iippo: Well, when i was still playing Go at tournaments some 5-6 years back (hopefully can start again later with the kids!), I did find myself quite often in the situation where things felt hopeless. No matter how much you counted everything and thought about the possible paths you could take - you would see walls everywhere.

The only cure i found in that kind of situations was overplay. Meaning, you play over aggressive, take risks and try to upset the game. A loss is a loss, whether you lose by 1 point or 20 points. So id rather reach out and try to grasp even that 1% desperate chance of upsetting the table, rather than follow the path i can see leads to a narrow, but certain loss.

In BB terms, id be taking those 2 dice blocks, 3+ dodges on ag2 dwarf, throwing with linemen - fouling players -> whatever looks like it might give me edge on the pitch. I mean, leaguewise it doesnt matter whether you lose by 1 or three goals, nor does it matter do you have 11 or 2 players on the pitch at the end of the match.

But thats just me ofcourse :)

---

btw you should maybe pay a littlebit more attention to which side of the pitch you move those dwarfs - they are slow as slugs - and for example in the first half you had free dwarf in the middle field with the skinks and saurus making cage on one side of the pitch - you then moved the dwarf from the middle to the opposite side of the pitch to assist another dwarf blocking a saurus. That may, or may not have been a losing move for the first goal - as just couple rounds later you didnt have enough players to oppose the slippery skinks from running a goal.

>> the single dwarf would have tied down the saurus without any problems - i dont think you need to win any block, tying down players is often just as effective and dwarf blockers with av9, block and tackle are one of the best in game to do just that.
I don't deny what you're saying, but it's probably a side effect of my poor luck in this league, but my AV 9 has meant nothing. I've gotten so many KO's on me, and in every game I'm losing a dwarf or a Bull or someone with insanely high AV to badly hurt. Or in the case of one of the dwarves, a hurt back. So my natural inclination isn't "Well, the odds are in my favor", because maybe they are statistically but they haven't been in practice.

I'm in no way defending my play in this game though. I played really, really badly.
iippo: Well, when i was still playing Go at tournaments some 5-6 years back (hopefully can start again later with the kids!), I did find myself quite often in the situation where things felt hopeless. No matter how much you counted everything and thought about the possible paths you could take - you would see walls everywhere.
Did you know that you have a fellow Go player here in the league? Pogopuschel!
Not sure how long she played it but I remember her telling me about it years ago.
I don't deny what you're saying, but it's probably a side effect of my poor luck in this league, but my AV 9 has meant nothing. I've gotten so many KO's on me, and in every game I'm losing a dwarf or a Bull or someone with insanely high AV to badly hurt. Or in the case of one of the dwarves, a hurt back.
Actually that's par for the course when playing against Sauri. Your probability for a cas is roughly 1.5%. If you keep putting players next to Str4 Sauri you will get about 5 blocks per turn for a total of ~80 blocks per game. So having one cas is actually to be expected even on AV 9.

If it's any consolation the probability for a low-AV team is more than double that (~3.8 %)
Should anyone be around - i and Ghiro are going to play our match in next 15mins or so.
iippo: Should anyone be around - i and Ghiro are going to play our match in next 15mins or so.
I'll probably be getting home just about the time you finish!
So my norse met Ghiro's ogre's (and snotties).

The result was couple dead snotlings, one or two badly hurt snotties, one badly hurt ogre and three badly hurt norselinemen. I got lucky there as the worst i got was miss next game.

The frenzy + block combo proofed very effective against snotties, but ogres as well. Ghiro had 3 ogres + one inducement ogre - but luckily (for me) one of them "had to exit the pitch" pretty early.

The end result was 2-0 for norse.

I managed to score once on both halves - Ghiro was pretty close at the end of first half for evening to 1-1, but frenzy kind of saved me there. Although i got very lucky while blocking against them until the very end of the game - those snotties are pretty deceiving how they can just run through your players and not care about the tackle zones. Especially as i dont have any tackle.

I have uploaded the replay to the first posts google drive as usual.
Oh, we had an ogre doing pass interception as well.
I've just received a gift of "Blood Bowl Chaos Edition", which reignited my itch to play Blood Bowl. I played "Legendary Edition" for about 100 matches last year, but am not a great player - I know the rules, but I didn't read any "strategy guides", for me it's more fun to find things out myself and come up with my own ideas. I prefer to play in an environment that's relatively free of rage-quitters and cheaters

I can't really make any commitment that would bind me to play a number of games in a defined timeframe, but I would love to play a few games against fellow GOGers from time to time. What would be the best way to do this? I've seen the update in the "GOG Open Access League" in the first post, but it seems that only three games ever took place there.
Psyringe: I've just received a gift of "Blood Bowl Chaos Edition", which reignited my itch to play Blood Bowl. I played "Legendary Edition" for about 100 matches last year, but am not a great player - I know the rules, but I didn't read any "strategy guides", for me it's more fun to find things out myself and come up with my own ideas. I prefer to play in an environment that's relatively free of rage-quitters and cheaters

I can't really make any commitment that would bind me to play a number of games in a defined timeframe, but I would love to play a few games against fellow GOGers from time to time. What would be the best way to do this? I've seen the update in the "GOG Open Access League" in the first post, but it seems that only three games ever took place there.
So make a team & let's get some more games in....
Psyringe: I've just received a gift of "Blood Bowl Chaos Edition", which reignited my itch to play Blood Bowl. I played "Legendary Edition" for about 100 matches last year, but am not a great player - I know the rules, but I didn't read any "strategy guides", for me it's more fun to find things out myself and come up with my own ideas. I prefer to play in an environment that's relatively free of rage-quitters and cheaters

There are forum names/steam names/coach names of our league players on the first post - one way would be to ask directly. If you wish, i could add your info on the first post as additional gog BB player.
iippo: There are forum names/steam names/coach names of our league players on the first post - one way would be to ask directly. If you wish, i could add your info on the first post as additional gog BB player.
That would be nice. :) Is there a way to see which GOG players are currently online? I suppose there might be one through some Steam community feature, but I've avoided those so far.
iippo: There are forum names/steam names/coach names of our league players on the first post - one way would be to ask directly. If you wish, i could add your info on the first post as additional gog BB player.
Psyringe: That would be nice. :) Is there a way to see which GOG players are currently online? I suppose there might be one through some Steam community feature, but I've avoided those so far.
there is steam group called "gog bb chaos league", not certain if everyone is there - but quite few.