It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just played Dreammouse.
I don't have time to give a full accounting now, but will later.
Suffice to say the Wood Elves hired Eldril Sidewinder & Morg & ended the game with 5 players on the pitch.
Final score 5-0 to me.
Rodzaju: Just played Dreammouse.
Suffice to say the Wood Elves hired Eldril Sidewinder & Morg & ended the game with 5 players on the pitch.
Final score 5-0 to me.
Goddamnit, please stop destroying the entire division.
iippo: I am at my relatives place for a week or so, so there may be some trouble for playing the match. However, it should not be totally impossible - if i know about the match(es) early enough. Ive send Michal message about this, hopefully we can arrange the match in time. ill be playing via my little brothers steam acco, but using my own BB account naturally.
You're my opponent for the next match day. And I'm on holidays currently. The internet connection (Wi-Fi) here is a bit wonky but I'll see if I can improve the situation by using a cable.
Final score 5-0 to me.
Rod needs nerf. Too OP. :P
Final score 5-0 to me.
Zeta: Rod needs nerf. Too OP. :P
Hey, I was nerfed.
I only had 5 Saurus for this match.

Anyway, I only perma damaged 1 player, a lineman with a niggle.
Another lineman suffered -1AG, but that was done by the crowd.
2 of the many badly hurt were self inflicted.
The wood elves were so in awe of my saurus that they decided to emulate them.
Unfortunately, they chose my AG 1 skill at dodging to emulate....

And Dreammouse has also clearly been taking tips from Pirinjade, in the use of apothecaries that is.
She used it to prevent a KO on a wardancer early in the match...

So, the match...
I did very well out of the kick off events, getting 2 blitzes (both of which allowed me quick scores when the clock may have run out otherwise.
We also had a riot when the woodies should have had 2 turns to pull one back, leaving her an impossible 1 turn to score at the end of the first half.
For most of the match I forgot about sure feet, so played more cautiously than I would otherwise have done.
But on the other hand, my Skinks proved that they can blitz as well as their larger team mates.
And I need to figure out what Tyranno Saurus had for a pre-match snack.
He only went bonehead twice in the whole game :)

Morg did his job, tying up some of my stronger players & Badly hurting Spino Saurus.
Eldril didn't do quite so well, failing half of his hypno attempts & getting KO'd by the crowd.

I did well, level up wise.
Spino Saurus must have been paying attention when Morg hit him.
He picked up Block to go with his St 5.
My standard LOS is now looking quite scary with 2 ST 5 Block players & 1 guard :D
2 of my rookie skinks got stat ups.
Santana Raptor got +1 MV & Airako Raptor got +1 AG.
And Valdo Raptor got a more standard Sprint.

Feeling slightly bad for Dreammouse on this front.
All of her players are still level 1 :(
At least her MVP didn't die this time...

Replay:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lpg9f37g968w3s/Weekly_S2_R3_Dreammouse-Rodzaju.db

Looking at the rest of this week, 3 other teams are still able to gain the maximum 9 points by the end of the week:
Iipp0's Anti-Anemia Alliance, Morb's Greedy Grinders & Moggrym's Busty Bruisers.

Morb is due to play Moggrym so this should be an interesting match.
I'll be rooting for Morb.
I want to see some of the new teams at the top of the table & the Greedy Grinders have a good shot at staying in the running.
I would also really like to see Moggrym taking a bit of a kicking before we play next week :D

Iipp0 I'm not so sure about.
He is a really good player so can make it, but once he hits his stride it will be nigh on impossible to stop him, which is a good reason to prevent him hitting said stride :D

And I really need to learn how to control my TV bloat.
I'm at almost 2000 now & I VERY MUCH don't want to be facing Morg every game....
Post edited July 14, 2013 by Rodzaju
Rodzaju: And Dreammouse has also clearly been taking tips from Pirinjade, in the use of apothecaries that is.
She used it to prevent a KO on a wardancer early in the match...
First, it's PirAnjade. Like Saint Piran.
Second, I don't remember ever using an apo KO. (I didn't do that, did I? Not even for my troll.)

I'd say we make a new rule that everybody who wins the league two times in a row has to play with a team of the league members' choice next season.;-)
But then again I know of a league that did something similar and that only ended with the same player winning the league again ... with a halfling team.
There is no stopping some people.
Piranjade: Second, I don't remember ever using an apo KO. (I didn't do that, did I? Not even for my troll.)
I don't think you did, but you have set the standard of using the apo on a non-permanent injury, only to suffer a permanent injury later in the game :)
Heck, I read that page of your manual when I played Pogo last season :(
Piranjade: Second, I don't remember ever using an apo KO. (I didn't do that, did I? Not even for my troll.)
Rodzaju: I don't think you did, but you have set the standard of using the apo on a non-permanent injury, only to suffer a permanent injury later in the game :)
Heck, I read that page of your manual when I played Pogo last season :(
No, no, what happened was this: I used my apo on a non-permanent injury (but not a KO!) on my troll just to have two other players die in the same match. That actually happened twice.
Sometimes I'm a slow learner.
But I still have my troll. :-)
Rodzaju: Iipp0 I'm not so sure about.
He is a really good player so can make it, but once he hits his stride it will be nigh on impossible to stop him, which is a good reason to prevent him hitting said stride :D
I am waiting for word from michal - havent heard from him quite few days now. He did mention before that he had some RL deadlines to take care of. However as i am not at home atm, i hope he can still give me proper warning before he is able to play - as i am not 100% certain i can easily arrange the babysitting or not.

Anyways, regarding me "hitting my stride", well thank you for the compliment - but besides michal buff humans on next match, my vamps are certainly doing there best at the 1/6 bloodlust rolls to make my coaching...interesting. :)

oh regarding the whole TV bloating in general - next season we WILL remember to take care of that spiraling expenses rule to put *some* limits on that...
iippo: oh regarding the whole TV bloating in general - next season we WILL remember to take care of that spiraling expenses rule to put *some* limits on that...
It's not the money.
I have about 500K unspent.

I build the team I want & Bang, I'm stupid high TV....
Don't really know how to avoid it :(
iippo: oh regarding the whole TV bloating in general - next season we WILL remember to take care of that spiraling expenses rule to put *some* limits on that...
Rodzaju: It's not the money.

heh, yes i know what you mean - but it does atleast put some limits to how easily you can get the money to recover from losses (gasp). Statistics say eventually, some day, in some season, someone gets hurt the bad way :p

If you think you have too much money, hów about buy a wizard for one match? :)
Rodzaju: It's not the money.

iippo: heh, yes i know what you mean - but it does atleast put some limits to how easily you can get the money to recover from losses (gasp). Statistics say eventually, some day, in some season, someone gets hurt the bad way :p

If you think you have too much money, hów about buy a wizard for one match? :)
The money is insurance against the deaths that will inevitably happen.
My point is that I'm not boosting my TV by spending.

Part of it is 3 reserve players.
If I was playing elves, I probably wouldn't have a bench.
But as lizards, I cannot afford to have all my skinks taken out.
I also cannot rely on loner skinks the way that norse or elves can rely on loner linemen.
If only I could get loner saurus....
Hawk52: If you get some Dodge on those Blitzers, you'll get pretty strong.
chaos_panda: That came a minute to late. Now I have Lexandro with Guard. Thought it would be nice to have a bit more defence.
Hi Panda. Just few quick notes on skills:).

Dodge: the more dodge you have in your team, the better it is. If you are going to take a dodge, take it on everyone, or at least on majority(9+).

Guard: perfect skill for offense and defense too. Especially for average str teams like humans. 4-6 players with guard is generally enough (=blitzer - > guardsman). Pogo can tell you how annoying is to play against humans with lots of guard, her stronger nurgle team was in trouble to get double dices against my humans..

So you have to choose: dodge or guard? I prefer the guard, unless somone gets agi up.

Wrestle/block: iippo said it. It is rarely useful to have both on one player. If you have enough money to buy a fresh player of the same type -> Kick the block+wrestle guy.

edit: typos
Post edited July 15, 2013 by kanarek
"Natural Disaster" just got clobbered by the Red Lantern. There were exactly two Wood Elves left on the pitch in round 16. We're happy that we survived the carnage and that only one of our Linemen died. The 0-2 loss hardly matters after such a match. ;)

Notable events include: My Lineman being stoned to death by the audience before the match even started, my players _again_ failing to pick up the ball (this time the re-roll helped, though), one of my wardancers rolling a critical failure in almost all of her turns (I think she failed 5 leaps in a row even though she only needed to roll a 3 or better), and at the end of the match failing her dodges at the same rate (having the Dodge skill is no use if you can't roll better than 2), the same wardancer failing a "Go for it" that would have put her in a good position to score, one of my linemen being exactly one tile short of a touchdown at the end of half one, and one (!) successful short pass at the end of the match.

I was admittedly playing very risky after losing several players early in the match. I don't think it worked out. ;)

Edit: Replay uploaded
Post edited July 15, 2013 by Psyringe
That Wardancer played very badly indeed. By the end of the match I was "Oh look, the Wardancer will leap :D Yey! I'll get a turnover!"

Anyway, here's the replay of my first ever win in Blood Bowl (got ninja'ed on the replay :)):
http://wikisend.com/download/311082/Weekly_S2_D2_R3_Aningan-Psyringe.db

I should have dragged the game more with my first touchdown and should have just scored on the last turn. That was a mistake from me, but I got lucky the game didn't punish me for it.
Post edited July 15, 2013 by Aningan