It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

iippo: (havent played a single match, just read the rules and ....)

Might be fun!
Oh! THAT!
I was once in a Blood Bowl table top league in which we had an optional Dungeon Bowl match with our regular league teams near the end of the season.
But it was in a dungeon for four teams.
It was a lot of fun.
iippo: (havent played a single match, just read the rules and ....)

Might be fun!
Piranjade: Oh! THAT!
I was once in a Blood Bowl table top league in which we had an optional Dungeon Bowl match with our regular league teams near the end of the season.
But it was in a dungeon for four teams.
It was a lot of fun.
Well i like BB "regular sports format" more - but Dungeon Bowl seems so weird and potentially unfair, that it probably either is therapeutic or causes need to go to some therapy. Ill try to keep eye on flash/daily sale for it.

i wouldnt know about anyone else, but i spend waaaay to much money on gog summer sale, so i atleast pretend to save some money on steam summer sales.

Bear in mind that all DB teams are mixed race.
It is entirely possible to field a team that includes 2 mino's, a troll and a rat ogre....

Or 3 treemen & an Ogre....

Or...
Post edited July 12, 2013 by Rodzaju
Rodzaju: Bear in mind that all DB teams are mixed race.
It is entirely possible to field a team that includes 2 mino's, a troll and a rat ogre....
From DB rules:

"Dungeonbowl teams can have up to 16 players, and can include up
to two blitzers, four blockers, four catchers, two throwers, one star
player, and any number of linemen. If you can use players that
don’t fit into any of these categories (Dark Elf Witch Elves, for
example), then you may have up to two of them"

How does this make in game actually? I mean if two of the races have blitzers for example Amber wizards (DE, orcs, skaven) - does it mean you can only buy 2 blitzer overall - or 2 DE blitzers + 2 orc blitzers + 2 stormvermin?
Post edited July 12, 2013 by iippo
Rodzaju: Bear in mind that all DB teams are mixed race.
iippo: From DB rules:

How does this make in game actually? I mean if two of the races have blitzers for example Amber wizards (DE, orcs, skaven) - does it mean you can only buy 2 blitzer overall - or 2 DE blitzers + 2 orc blitzers + 2 stormvermin?
In game, each team is made up of race A, B & C.
You can have up to 16 players of Race A, 6 players of Race B & 2 players of Race C.
Within these limits, (And your cash reserve), you can pick any of the players on the BB team roster for that race.
For example, the Bright college is Human (A), Dwarf (B) & Norse (C).
You can have 4 human blitzers, 2 dwarf blitzers, 2 troll slayers, a runner & a deathroller & 2 norse werewolves (or any other combo you can come up with).
The only limits the game imposes is the 16/6/2 split….
iippo: From DB rules:

Rodzaju: -snip-
well, thats not how i would interprete the rules - but that way there will certainly be few positionals on the pitch :)
Rodzaju: -snip-
iippo: well, thats not how i would interprete the rules - but that way there will certainly be few positionals on the pitch :)
Yeah,
I have seen a team with 10 blitzers (4 dark elf, 4 Orc & 2 skaven)....
Personally I would swap the Orcs for Black orcs & the Skaven for gutter runners, but there's nop accounting for taste...
Estimated start Halflings vs. (the windfall) Custodians:

Custodian Timezone: about 8:30 to 9:00 p.m
Halfling Timezone: 11:30 to 12 a.m

If nothing happens in between.

Edit: Time's chainging...but it will be happen today. :)
Post edited July 12, 2013 by chaos_panda
I hate cyanide. I hate Cyanide so much. I played Stampede's dwarves yesterday but got randomly disconnected, and didn't even go close to the 5 minute auto kick, while winning by 1-0

And today I lost the match 2-0

I can't tell how much I hate Cyanide.

On a bright side I won't have to play against any dwarves no more.
Post edited July 12, 2013 by WBGhiro
WBGhiro: I hate cyanide. I hate Cyanide so much. I played Stampede's dwarves yesterday but got randomly disconnected, and didn't even go close to the 5 minute auto kick, while winning by 1-0

And today I lost the match 2-0

I can't tell how much I hate Cyanide.

On a bright side I won't have to play against any dwarves no more.
What can I say, that match worked really fine ;-)
I guess our epic battle could start any minute now...

edit: and so it begins...
Post edited July 12, 2013 by chaos_panda
Rodzaju: How many Goggers can we tempt.....
Well you've got me. I'll have this by the end of the sale, just waiting to see if it'll be even cheaper
quiet a game. the weather was nice.

1st half:
Without Tarik the Thrower there were just bad kick-offs. I also made some bad positioning-moves in the first half.

My team just made the best out of their new unofficial title "the windfall custodians" when mighty Haegr just fell in the 1st turn of the game. But the Halflings paid with injured Odo.

Because of my really bad positioning, a great tree-throwing and a unlucky Blitz/Reroll on my side by Alarik, Vlad made the first TD for team Time-Travel Paradox. The blitzing Ghandi wasn't very peacefully and kicked Uriel out of the game. With some great dodging on my side I caged slowly towards my very first TD.

But I must say, Hawk had some damn bad throws there besides the 2/3-red-dice-tries. Augustus stumpled himself out of the game by a selfinflicted injury. I managed to kick Cao out of the field through the 1st half. Ragnar badly injured Vlad (I guess he did it just because of the TD).

The 1:1 came at the 8th turn.

--

2nd half:

The Halfling Augustus got badly injured around 9/10th turn. Otho was just KO'd - luckily for him. Same goes for Atthila. Mussolini got kicked out of the game right before my 2nd TD.

After that I had to make my second kick-off and just blew it. So the Treeman got the Ball. I think I managed it quiet well. Nevertheless team Time-Travel Paradox was really hurt at that moment. Zhang got KO'd inflicting a Turn Over. Nathaniel got fouled. Saul smashed Otho out.

At my 14th turn i got a surround on the last Treemen/Halfling-"force". First try resulted in a Stand Firm. Ghandi was not able to free himself. That also goes for Lennon. Alexander forced a Turn Over.

Ragnar forced Lennon down; so did Gabriel with Ghandi. Björn got the Ball and just ran off. Team Time-Travel Paradox never recovered from the first loses.

If not for the Apo Alarik would have killed Cao. Insteed he had to suffer a -1 on MV. The last noticeable moment was the pass from Björn which resulted in 1SPP for him. ^^

The game ended with a Turn Over by a Treeman.

----

This time my players were much better in dodging and ball-handling. I love to see this also in games against much harder opponents. But I guess, this will be my best Game - at least for some time. I was really happy with my Treeman-Handling. ;D

I dunno - I felt the pain Hawk must go through with that team. I think with Halfling every match is like playing against a bunch of Dwarves.

---

Replay can be found here:
http://wikisend.com/download/618744/Weekly_S2_D1_R3_Hawk-ChaosPanda.db
Post edited July 13, 2013 by chaos_panda
Rodzaju: How many Goggers can we tempt.....
rcthedigitalhero: Well you've got me. I'll have this by the end of the sale, just waiting to see if it'll be even cheaper
^What he says.
chaos_panda: quiet a game. the weather was nice.

I dunno - I felt the pain Hawk must go through with that team. I think with Halfling every match is like playing against a bunch of Dwarves.

---

Replay can be found here:
http://wikisend.com/download/618744/Weekly_S2_D1_R3_Hawk-ChaosPanda.db
I really enjoyed the game. First time I really felt like I even had any of strategy with the Halflings. It's hard to accept that the best way to play them, is to do everything technically wrong. You have to constantly throw yourself at opponents in unfavorable situations and instead of trying to stop or defeat the opponent, you have to settle for just simply being as annoying as possible. I constantly played the odds, and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. My favorite moment was when in the chat I typed "FOR THE SHIRE~!", and then used my Treeman to hurl Atilla the Hungry down the field, who then landed and immediately blitzed the ball carrier, only to fail because you had block on him. :(

You did a really good job at the end of the second half stopping what I was planning. Granted, it wasn't exactly the best strategy or the most covert, but I had four players left and the ball on a Treeman. My plan was to hand the ball to a Halfling (Cao Manymeals), and then use the adjacent Treeman to hurl the Halfling ball carrier past your guys, and run it in. But you just kept taking away my opportunities. Eventually you took out the last two Halflings, and that was pretty much all she wrote.

If you get some Dodge on those Blitzers, you'll get pretty strong. I couldn't do much against them when they had the ball. But then again, I was trying to blitz with Halflings.