It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

provided that most people here are crazy enough to buy BB2 directly after release ... it might be clever to think about that 1 or 2 weeks after release when we know how bad it will be ;)

Myself, i have high expectations in particular about the multiplayer features .. but lets see what it will really be ..

Is there a release date announced ??
Necross: I have another question about the league. This time about the elephant in the room; Blood Bowl 2, which is due out withinthe next year. Will we be switching to it imedatly after launch (or the first season to start after launch) or not; and if not when?
Not entirely sure what will happen, i at least am not planning to get it right away (for financial reasons and not sure if it will be worth the money). So i hope/assume that if there is a bb2 league at some point it will be next to this league. So 2 leagues running at once. And players who have bb2 will join there and hopefully still play in here with their bb1 team :). I personally dont think it will be doable to switch whole league over to bb2 when it comes out. All depends on how many play each and how many leagues they are willing to join.
It does not have to be bb1 or bb2 it can also be bb1 and bb2 :).
Necross: I have another question about the league. This time about the elephant in the room; Blood Bowl 2, which is due out withinthe next year. Will we be switching to it imedatly after launch (or the first season to start after launch) or not; and if not when?
arnob8911: Not entirely sure what will happen, i at least am not planning to get it right away (for financial reasons and not sure if it will be worth the money). So i hope/assume that if there is a bb2 league at some point it will be next to this league. So 2 leagues running at once. And players who have bb2 will join there and hopefully still play in here with their bb1 team :). I personally dont think it will be doable to switch whole league over to bb2 when it comes out. All depends on how many play each and how many leagues they are willing to join.
It does not have to be bb1 or bb2 it can also be bb1 and bb2 :).
+1
there are precious little facts about the game yet.

Personally id throw full price if thats "all" it took to get rid of the bugs...but lets see first what the actual release looks like.
I would guess rest of the teams will be added as dlc, but atleast i havent heard any facts about this yet either.

Also i am a little bit skeptic about running both bb1 and bb2 leagues at the same time, but the game needs to get released first anyways :)

If we were to jump from BB1 to BB2, i doubt it would be done mid-season.

About the price of the game, i am crossing my fingers there will be 4-packs or such.
I don't plan on getting BB2 directly at release, too few races to be attractive for me.
Piranjade: I don't plan on getting BB2 directly at release, too few races to be attractive for me.
^ This. If the information that has been made available is accurate, there's only going to be 8 teams at launch.

According to this link, Human, Orc, Skaven, Dwarf, High Elf, Dark Elf, Chaos and Bretonnian are going to be our starting rosters.

First off, those teams are not plentiful enough compared to what we have right now.

Secondly, the fact that they're making Bretonnian teams available before they make Slann and Chaos Pact a thing greatly infuriates me, almost to a point of not wanting to purchase the game outright, regardless of when it gets all of its teams.

Bretonnians are a hotly debated team and one that has not enjoyed a sanction of being an endorsed Blood Bowl team, as Slann and Chaos Pact have. They were endorsed by the BBRC and could be used in tournament play. They were never included in a living rulebook since there was never a full range of miniatures to support them.
Zeta: Secondly, the fact that they're making Bretonnian teams available before they make Slann and Chaos Pact a thing greatly infuriates me, almost to a point of not wanting to purchase the game outright, regardless of when it gets all of its teams.
Exactly my opinion. I am looking forward for Slann teams for long time, but still have to wait. So I will wait for the first expansion unless I will be able to get it at nice discount.

There is of course chance, that my family will buy it for me. BB is the first game they noticed and accepted.
I have a theory about the new team. The will designed to be a anti Norse team ( relatively high ag and av with low st and/or mv) i came to this idea as thier name comes from Britons or Britannia. And during the middle ages Briton's biggest enemy were the Norse Vikings, and they beat them by fortifying their settlements; thus rendering the hit and run raids the Vikings favoured impossible to pull off. And the Britons were masters of the longbow (much like a stereotypical elf) thus i think they will be passy dwarves more or less with fend
Post edited October 19, 2014 by Necross
Zeta: Secondly, the fact that they're making Bretonnian teams available before they make Slann and Chaos Pact a thing greatly infuriates me, almost to a point of not wanting to purchase the game outright, regardless of when it gets all of its teams.
personally i am quite interested in what they come up with regarding bretonnians.

I mean there are multiple bretonnian teams around, yet somehow i think they will use none of those.

If i could choose, id probably go with Slann, even if they are too expensive team in need of tweak really. Or chaos pact, ive got some plans for that one too :)
Post edited October 19, 2014 by iippo
After 4 weeks without internet I feel like I've been cut out of another world, how's the league doing?

I'm afraid I still won't be able to play though since i'm on a capped connection right now.
WBGhiro: After 4 weeks without internet I feel like I've been cut out of another world, how's the league doing?

I'm afraid I still won't be able to play though since i'm on a capped connection right now.
Good to hear from you!
I think the league is doing as it always is. :-D

If your connection is only capped by data volume and not by time you might still be able to play as Blood Bowl sends only extremely small data packages while playing online.
WBGhiro: After 4 weeks without internet I feel like I've been cut out of another world, how's the league doing?

Talking about other worlds, if you havent now might be good chance :)

welcome back,
What's a capped connection? I'm on 100 gb / month, but even after the 100gb I can play bb on 'low' speed ;)

edit: btw also wondering on where we are on the prizepicks?
Post edited October 19, 2014 by duder113
duder113: edit: btw also wondering on where we are on the prizepicks?
We've still not finished from last season?

Oy, Psyringe is gonna be the guy to contact, but I've had trouble reaching him as of late for our game this week. We talked briefly about it but never pinned down a day, and I have yet to speak with him since then. I've sent him a couple of Steam messages, though...
Piranjade: Good to hear from you!
I think the league is doing as it always is. :-D

If your connection is only capped by data volume and not by time you might still be able to play as Blood Bowl sends only extremely small data packages while playing online.
Even then I don't think i'll have the time to play anyways, at least for the next month or so

iippo: Talking about other worlds, if you havent now might be good chance :)
I already have it actually, I gave up on it at the tank scene I think

duder113: welcome back,
What's a capped connection? I'm on 100 gb / month, but even after the 100gb I can play bb on 'low' speed ;)
Ha ha, 100 gb? I got 3 :(

I've no idea how slow "slow" is, yet.