It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My
Irritating
Stutter
That
Everyone
Reviles
Yet
Occurs
genkicolleen: I already guessed Golden, Cyberevil ;)
I saw that afterwards, what can I say? I'm too 'busy" to read the other posts :P
Interesting name, I never would have guessed that (I am not good with dog names either). :p Congrats genkicolleen on the guess and thanks for the update Slaugh! I liked the baby dog pic, I can kind of see why he can be called that now. :D Let's see what happens with the other challenges in due time! :) I am having good fun with this, quite a learning experience.
I've decided to modify the first challenge to make it much easier! There's also a new challenge!

The prizes: (one per challenge)

Instantly win all the games you've previously selected (up to 5).

The rules:

1) Only the people who shared their backronyms are eligible.
2) You can participate in both challenges, but you can only win once.
3) If you beat both challenges, you'll have to choose another participant for the second prize.
4) You can submit a guess twice a day, for each challenge.

Challenge # 1: (Updated)

Decipher this quote, and explain how it was encoded:

" HTWEH TSEE EHE AIFNATRENU OTTMWCT LHC ENEUAEI NAW RTRDP CHE ELERNE "

Clues:

1) No letter has been changed. Sometimes, you need to group things to get a better visibility and readability.

2) To figure out this riddle, you'll need to think outside the box. What is the primary characteristic of the Lego blocks, and how many letters do you see?

3) It's written boustrophedonically, but not in the usual way.

4) It's a chinese transposition cipher, and the method can be easily found on Wikipedia. The spaces are only there to fool you.

Challenge # 2: (New)

My brother also has a female cat, and her name is of Greek origin. What is her name?

(Two photos are attached)

Attachments:
cat_1.jpg (103 Kb)
cat_2.jpg (296 Kb)
She's a pretty girl ♥ I won't make a guess since I already won the games I really wanted, but I'll be following the thread to see what everyone comes up with ^__^
Cyberevil: I saw that afterwards, what can I say? I'm too 'busy" to read the other posts :P
I know the feeling well! haha
Post edited February 12, 2015 by genkicolleen
first guess @challenge2(new): Athena
Post edited February 12, 2015 by mobutu
Since when can weathermen predict the weather, let alone the future?

I should have figured it out 2 days ago. Since I got hint 2, I tried all kind of rectangular combinations, with or without spaces, and non-rectangular ones, since 66 (with spaces) is a triangular number, and 56 (without spaces) is twice a triangular number (2x28) so both would make nice pyramids (and you can build pyramids with lego blocks). I read it all forwards, backwards and upside down, but I didn't spend much time on 7x8 because there are no lego blocks with 7 studs so I must have dismissed it too quickly. I only concentrated on rectangles with even number of letters per row and other shapes you can build from lego blocks.

Nice one Slaugh.

EDIT: Only now I realized you changed it.
So when I checked it before, 7x8 rectangle didn't hold the answer. That's a relief, because I was wondering how come I missed it before.
Well, now that I know the answer I have to figure out the first one too.

EDIT 2: Solved the first one too. also 7x8 but with a small twist. Not something I thought of, but your third clue should have set me on the right trail.

Thanks again Slaugh.
Post edited February 12, 2015 by ZFR
mobutu: first guess @challenge2(new): Athena
We had rescued two kittens onve that we've given Greek names. One was Athena, so my guess will be how we called the other one: Kore
Post edited February 12, 2015 by ZFR
high rated
WINNERS OF THE FIRST ROUND:

The cipher challenge was beaten by <span class="bold">ZFR</span>, who entered for <span class="bold">Desimu</span>. <span class="bold">Desimu</span> is now the lucky owner of 4 games:

Governor of Poker 2 Standard Edition
Type Rider
Fly'N
Saints Row 2

It's now time to announce the first wave of winners:

<span class="bold">Austrobogulator</span>: Wrack
<span class="bold">Hardrada</span>: Onikira: Demon Killer
<span class="bold">phandom</span>: Dungeon Lurk II - Leona
<span class="bold">wildys</span>: Magnetic By Nature
<span class="bold">piapancudo</span>: Front Page Sports Football
<span class="bold">MasterPuffy</span>: Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves
<span class="bold">hyperagathon</span>: Terra Incognita: The Descendant
<span class="bold">algirdexas699</span>: BlazeRush
<span class="bold">Pardinuz</span>: Kick-Ass 2
<span class="bold">Spinorial</span>: Haegemonia Double Pack
<span class="bold">Cyberevil</span>: Probably Archery

NOTE: All the codes will be sent later today. I need a little nap! ;-)

Post edited February 13, 2015 by _Slaugh_
high rated
ROUND # 2

A new round begins, and everyone can participate! Please note that the rules 1 and 6 have changed.

The Rules:

1) Try your best to find the perfect backronym for your user name. If you've previously posted one, you must submit a different one.
2) A minimum rep of 30 is required to enter.
3) Choose up to 5 games from the "<span class="bold">list</span>" and put them in order of preference. You can only win one game per round.
4) These games are for your personal use only. Trading and re-gifting are not allowed.
5) You can enter for someone else who has previously share his/her backronym.
6) Please submit your backronym and your list "below" this post.
7) After a few days, I'll choose a bunch of winners with the help of Random.org, and another round will start with the remaining games.

Extra Challenge:

1) Share your new backronym, beat a challenge, and instantly win all the games you've selected.
2) You can submit a guess twice a day.
3) Periodically, I'll give you some clues to help you.

Current challenge:

My brother has a female cat, and her name is of Greek origin. What is her name?

(Two photos are attached)

Attachments:
cat_1.jpg (103 Kb)
cat_2.jpg (296 Kb)
_Slaugh_: ...
^ Why isn't that post high-rated yet, hmm?
genkicolleen: ^ Why isn't that post high-rated yet, hmm?
Since no one bothered bumping the topic :P

Also, I'm rather embarrassed I didn't get the cypher. Tried the block three clues ago, but somehow still couldn't see it. Guess I always try these things in the wee hours :P

Props to ZFR, though!
_Slaugh_: ROUND # 2
Thanks Slaugh.

Here's another acronym for me. ZFR: Zero Failure Rate.

I like guessing games, so for the cat I'll go with Ambrosia

Can I be in for a different person in round 2? If yes I'll edit my post later, since no one entered yet.

EDIT: In for genkicolleen
Post edited February 18, 2015 by ZFR
Well then, that was quite the development! Nice puzzle solving ZFR and in turn helping Dessimu out with his picks! Congrats to all those that got picked in the drawing in Round 1! Since nothing in particular interests me in round 2, I'll come up with another backronym if I change my mind to be in for someone else. It was quite difficult for me to come up with one the first time so I'd have to pull out all the stops to get a second one that makes sense in some way. :D I do like guessing names though so if I change my mind I'll update this post if I do. Thanks for the announcement Slaugh, this was quite fun, thanks for the GA activities! :)
Post edited February 14, 2015 by shadowrgog
my brain atm not ready for new backronim,i will add it later,but i know good greek name for cat - Chloe

thanks for game in round 1

EDIT:my backronim for Valentine's Day:

WILDYS-When Immortal Love Dancing,You Sing

EDIT:change games,coz some unavailable already & some added
im in for

Super Toy Cars
Syberia
Impire
Xotic
Megabyte Punch
Post edited February 21, 2015 by wildys