It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We have good news for all fantasy RTS fans – today Loria becomes a free game on GOG.COM! Here is a special message that we received from one of the game's creators:

Dear Friends and Loria fans,

As some of you may perhaps know, we are working on the new tactical RTS game, Liquidation, and are excited to share the news that we will launch the Kickstarter campaign for the game today! You can check it out here.

To celebrate this important milestone for Liquidation, we have made the decision to give away Loria for free! Great news right? Sadly, we do have to let you know we need to focus our attention on the new Kickstarter campaign and Liquidation development, so, unfortunately, we won’t be able to support Loria moving forward. If you have enjoyed playing Loria and would like to support our development team, you can do so via the Liquidation Kickstarter page by making a pledge there, or by joining the fast-growing Liquidation community forums and Discord channel.

Your support is important to us, and we do hope you will join us on this next chapter in our exciting journey! Thanks for your ongoing support, it means a lot.

Erik Vinclav
Thank you for the free giveaway... but please understand that this is precisely why most gamers will not support incomplete "in-development" and/or kick-starter games.

@Erik Vinclav: There is no point in supporting a product that is not 100% complete at launch because most incomplete games historically become abandonware/shovelware. If you are going to start a project, please have the decency to either finish what you start, or offer your customers (and kick-starter supporters) a full refund.

@Gog: Providing an incomplete game (even a free incomplete game) a platform does not speak well of Gog. Just look at Steam which is literally brimming over with "in development" games that ended up as abandonware/shovelware. And I'm not just speaking of the amateurish works cluttering up the Steam store.

- Broken World (with a cast of well-known voice-actors that rivals Toonstruck) was never completed.
- The PC port of the Nintendo 64 title, Insecticide was never completed.
- Dungeon Seige 1 and 2 don't have their expansions for sale which leaves both games' story unfinished.
- Septerra Core is an incomplete buggy mess. (I own this game on CD and loved playing it, but the most critical patch that would have fixed the game, added 50% more content, and essentially completed it was never released.)

Oh, wait. These titles are for sale on Gog, aren't they?

And there is the problem. Please, don't make the same mistake as Steam by offering incomplete "in-development" games for sale on Gog. Go for top-quality gaming. Your customers will thank you.
You just managed to make Friday even better :) Thank you for the gift, much appreciated!
I asked the devs on kickstarter, wether there will be a gog release for Liquidation or not, here what they replied so far

"We cannot say for sure it will be released on GOG since they accept requests only from games in beta-final stage. But we will submit to gog. And yes. multiplayer will be independent from platform."
Thank you.
That's really problematic.

We will not support our current game anymore but come give us money for our next one.

Meh...
Swissy88: and key binding options.
*facepalm*
Post edited June 11, 2021 by Zoidberg
Zoidberg: That's really problematic.

We will not support our current game anymore but come give us money for our next one.

Meh...
Swissy88: and key binding options.
Zoidberg: *facepalm*
Stupid more like. That's basically what I have come to call 'Monte Cristo' style game development. Develop a game, maybe throw in an add-on, promise many things, leave many more unfinished, go out of business and start over with your next baby. Which is basically what they've done with Silverfall+Add-On, Cities Unlimited -> Cities XL. When they were called out for it they decided first to abandon their paid for MP service and then decided to shut down the company. Silverfall + Add-on is sold here on GOG and could also be offered free.

I don't think that anyone will support this collab and their kickstarter learning that this one dev abandons his project breaking promises or admitting that they can't do what they said they would. A Molyneux lesson for Erik to learn: Don't promise when you know you can't deliver. I hope that at least customers will remember their lesson: Wait until their new project has gone the way of the dodo and you will get it for free, while months after release and hardly any updates, the next big project will be announced. Maybe Lora 2 with all the bells and whistles promised. ;-)
Thank you for the free game.

Question about the Kickstarter though... is Liquidation intended to come to GOG? The screenshots are all Steam.
Crisco1492: Thank you for the free game.

Question about the Kickstarter though... is Liquidation intended to come to GOG? The screenshots are all Steam.
if you read some post above, they don't know (if they'll ever finish the game to have GOG to accept it XD)
Crisco1492: Thank you for the free game.

Dogmaus: if you read some post above, they don't know (if they'll ever finish the game to have GOG to accept it XD)
Fair enough. Thank you.
I wanted to share a little additional information, because I have not seen explained here.
Loria is not only free, the developer has made the game open source, this is an act of great generosity that allows fans to make improvements.

Maybe one day we could even see a multiplayer mode.
Post edited June 12, 2021 by LinuxFire
LinuxFire: I wanted to share a little additional information, because I have not seen explained here.
Loria is not only free, the developer has made the game open source, this is an act of great generosity that allows fans to make improvements.

I couldn't find the source code you're talking about. Do you have a link to a repository?
LinuxFire: I wanted to share a little additional information, because I have not seen explained here.

Couldn't find anything about this actually being so either, only a stretch goal on the crowdfunding page stating that it will be made open source if they reach $100k, and they didn't even make $1k.

Cavalary: Couldn't find anything about this actually being so either, only a stretch goal on the crowdfunding page stating that it will be made open source if they reach $100k, and they didn't even make $1k.
How did they not make that? Is it only crowdfunding, as I paid £4.24 for it and am sure there must have been 250 others?
DerBesserwisser: And yes. multiplayer will be independent from platform."
This is something I really like to hear.

LinuxFire: Loria is not only free, the developer has made the game open source, this is an act of great generosity that allows fans to make improvements.
This is another thing I like to hear. I only hope that they wouldn't use that godawful Gnu Public License and some actually Open Source licenses like MIT, BSD, Apache or Zlib instead. Sadly this is the only thing I managed to find about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/nr96zl/loria_classic_rts_is_going_free_as_a_new_linux/

Is it really happening or what?
What's "godawful" about GPL? GPL guarantees the freedoms of people who run the code - in the case of games, the players - and is unambiguously good for them.
Post edited June 12, 2021 by deesklo