It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bass47: Progress update on HoMaM 3 Complete

I'm allmost finished with this game...damn its a long game, but fun.

Can anyone recommend me a game that I should play in the meantime:

GOG:
Outlast
Expeditions: Conquistador
Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magik Obscura

Steam:
Amnesia TDD
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Company of Heroes
Darksiders II
Dead Space 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution (not the Director's Cut version)
Dustforce
Civilization V
Risen 2 Dark Waters
Incredible :)
Try Company of Heroes and tell me how it is :) I also have it on Steam and wanted to play it sometime in the future.
Bass47: Progress update on HoMaM 3 Complete

I'm allmost finished with this game...damn its a long game, but fun.

Can anyone recommend me a game that I should play in the meantime:

GOG:
Outlast
Expeditions: Conquistador
Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magik Obscura

Steam:
Amnesia TDD
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Company of Heroes
Darksiders II
Dead Space 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution (not the Director's Cut version)
Dustforce
Civilization V
Risen 2 Dark Waters
Nymes: Incredible :)
Try Company of Heroes and tell me how it is :) I also have it on Steam and wanted to play it sometime in the future.
Thanks, I will try it!
I guess I might as well join this lot finally. It seems like all my recent games don't interest me much right now, so I'm thinking of going back to some adventuring. Thing is, I've got so many of them in my backlog I'm not sure which one to play, so I'll let you guys choose for me. In anticipation I installed a few of them just now.

Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders
The Black Mirror
Moebius
The Samaritan Paradox
A Golden Wake
Deponia: Doomsday
mistermumbles: Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders
I choose Zak McKraken for you. It's a real classic and everyone who likes adventure games should have played it.
PaterAlf: I choose Zak McKraken for you.
Zak McKraken it is!
PaterAlf: I choose Zak McKraken for you. It's a real classic and everyone who likes adventure games should have played it.
Well, I may have spoken too soon. I gave the game an honest try today and, frankly, I can't put up with the original scumm interface anymore. It's just horribly dated. Not to mention I found out that there are ways one can make oneself get irreversibly stuck at several points throughout the game. That's one of the reasons I'm not wild about the old Sierra games. I didn't like those kind of shenanigans then, I don't like them now. Maybe pick another one of that list?
PaterAlf: I choose Zak McKraken for you. It's a real classic and everyone who likes adventure games should have played it.
mistermumbles: Well, I may have spoken too soon. I gave the game an honest try today and, frankly, I can't put up with the original scumm interface anymore. It's just horribly dated. Not to mention I found out that there are ways one can make oneself get irreversibly stuck at several points throughout the game. That's one of the reasons I'm not wild about the old Sierra games. I didn't like those kind of shenanigans then, I don't like them now. Maybe pick another one of that list?
I'm curious about A Golden Wake as I liked the developer's Ben Jordan - Paranormal Investigator freeware game series. Don't know, if this one is any good though, haven't played it myself.
mistermumbles: Well, I may have spoken too soon. I gave the game an honest try today and, frankly, I can't put up with the original scumm interface anymore. It's just horribly dated. Not to mention I found out that there are ways one can make oneself get irreversibly stuck at several points throughout the game. That's one of the reasons I'm not wild about the old Sierra games. I didn't like those kind of shenanigans then, I don't like them now. Maybe pick another one of that list?
PaterAlf: I'm curious about A Golden Wake as I liked the developer's Ben Jordan - Paranormal Investigator freeware game series. Don't know, if this one is any good though, haven't played it myself.
I've finished it (got it in a bundle long time ago), and I can't recommend it. IMHO bad story and empty characters.
murcielago: I've finished it (got it in a bundle long time ago), and I can't recommend it. IMHO bad story and empty characters.
I have to back that as well now that I finished it in one sitting. Overall, everything's just quite bland. I had no attachment to the characters or anything. Felt like really bad TV show writing. The first of Wadjet Eye's games I didn't enjoy that much.
Post edited May 29, 2017 by mistermumbles
PaterAlf: I'm curious about A Golden Wake as I liked the developer's Ben Jordan - Paranormal Investigator freeware game series. Don't know, if this one is any good though, haven't played it myself.
I enjoyed A golden wake. It's true that it's weaker than the other Wadjeteye games, and the puzzles are pretty simple. But its story is pretty unique...don't want to spoil it, but there is a certain poignancy about it that I haven't quite encountered in many other games.
Progress report on Day of the Tentacle - Remastered
Assigned by Nymes

After a short trip to Amsterdam, I finally finished Day of the Tentacle. I got stuck on a couple of occasions with (to me) non-sensical puzzles and had to resort to a walkthrough, but in general a really nice experience. I consider myself to be pretty poor at adventure games, but would still like to tackle some of the classics of the genre at some point and DotT did not disappoint.

Right now it seems likely that I'm going to be facing a massive life change in July if all goes well and that might have an effect on my time available for gaming, but I'd still like a new challenge. Here's my updated list:

- Alpha Protocol
- Arcanum
- Blackguards
- Destiny Warriors
- Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Drakensang
- Epic Quest of the 4 Crystals
- Fallout 3
- Freedom Force
- Ghostbusters the Videogame
- Grim Fandango (remastered)
- Legends of Eisenwald
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
- Secret Of Magia
- Sleeping Dogs
- Space Hulk Ascension
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Walking Dead
- Trine
- Undefeated
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
- Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
- Wolfsong
- Ys 1
Post edited May 30, 2017 by Jonni
Jonni: Progress report on Day of the Tentacle - Remastered
Assigned by Nymes

After a short trip to Amsterdam, I finally finished Day of the Tentacle. I got stuck on a couple of occasions with (to me) non-sensical puzzles and had to resort to a walkthrough, but in general a really nice experience. I consider myself to be pretty poor at adventure games, but would still like to tackle some of the classics of the genre at some point and DotT did not disappoint.

Right now it seems likely that I'm going to be facing a massive life change in July if all goes well and that might have an effect on my time available for gaming, but I'd still like a new challenge. Here's my updated list:

- Alpha Protocol
- Arcanum
- Blackguards
- Destiny Warriors
- Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Drakensang
- Epic Quest of the 4 Crystals
- Fallout 3
- Freedom Force
- Ghostbusters the Videogame
- Grim Fandango (remastered)
- Legends of Eisenwald
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
- Secret Of Magia
- Sleeping Dogs
- Space Hulk Ascension
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Walking Dead
- Trine
- Undefeated
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
- Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
- Wolfsong
- Ys 1
I'm glad you liked Day of the Tentacle! I am also planning to play it some time in the future ;-)
If you don't mind, I would suggest Blackguards to you, as I want to know more about this title!

Cheers!
Nymes: I'm glad you liked Day of the Tentacle! I am also planning to play it some time in the future ;-)
If you don't mind, I would suggest Blackguards to you, as I want to know more about this title!
I've heard good things about the series and looking forward to trying it out. Challenge accepted. :)
Progress update on Bastion
Assigned by GreasyDogMeat

What a great game - I have just finished it! I admit, I am biased, as I liked it before playing but I think the hype it received is justified. The art style is gorgeous and the soundtrack and especially the narrator are just exeptional. The latter two are for me the meat of the game.
Gameplay-wise it's action-oriented, definitely no RPG. You have options to slightly customize your weapons and to give you and/or the enemies several boni but that's about it. It worked well for me.
The story is interesting enough to keep you playing, yet is only presented through small bits you find and characters comment on. In the end, there are two choices during which you can define your ending. After that, you get a new-game-plus option.
I can strongly recommend this title! Get it now during the sale :)

Alas, I am in need of a new assignment - what shall it be?

- Fallout
- Star Wars - Dark Forces
- Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic 2
- Stronghold HD

Cheers!
Build a castle, siege a castle ;)
Nymes: - Stronghold HD