It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nymes: Congratulations on finishing Shadowrun Returns, Jonni! As for your next title, I suggest Day of the Tentacle - Remastered. I was playing Monkey Island 2 during the Easter Holidays with my brother and therefore I suggest this classic LucasArts title for you :-) I have never played it myself, but I assume it will hold up to its name!
Challenge accepted. No idea what to expect from Day of the Tentacle - only seen my cousin play it ~20 years back. I'll keep you all updated.
Great adventure game. Played it years ago and loved it.
Progress update on Hotline Miami 2 - Wrong Number
Assigned by GreasyDogMeat

If you read the reviews here, you could get the impression that Hotline Miami 2 is inferior to its predecessor. Currently I am at level 8 and do not think so. The soundtrack is still top-notch and the gameplay is as fast and violent as ever. It feels slightly different, as the levels are more open and enemies sometimes not directly visible. But to take this into account, I just adapt my approach to the game and try to think before I shoot ;-)

Anyways, I think it's at least as good as the first part of the series.

Cheers!
Post edited May 03, 2017 by Nymes
Progress update on Hotline Miami 2 - Wrong Number
Assigned by GreasyDogMeat

I have finished this awesome game! The soundtrack is truly amazing! I can whole-heartedly recommend this game to anyone who enjoyed the first part of the series. You'll get diverse characters, bigger and more varied levels and the awesome gameplay you expect.

As for my next game, I will be playing Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War - Winter Assault, which my brother chose for me. I actually own a retail copy of it and the base game, but never came around to playing it. ;-)

Cheers!
Progress report on Day of the Tentacle - Remastered
Assigned by Nymes

Advancing slowly, but steadily. I admit I've used some of my gaming time to finally beat Exile III: Ruined World. Currently my progress says 40 %, so close to being halfway done with DotT. I'm absolutely horrible at these kinds of games, but the story seems solid, so definitely going to keep playing. I've found the humour very likeable, although I'm probably missing some references due to not being very familiar with Maniac Mansion.
Post edited May 05, 2017 by Jonni
Progress update on Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War - Winter Assault
Assigned by my brother

I had a lot of free time to spare and finished this game today, meaning I finished both the Order and Disorder campaigns. I liked the base game back in the day and as this is its first expansion, I liked it as well. Nothing spectacular, but good.
I have the other two expansions, Dark Crusade and Soulstorm, on Steam as well and will surely play them some time in the future.

For now, my next game will be Shovel Knight - Specter of Torment, which I am really looking forward to, as I very much enjoyed the original game and Plague of Shadows.
In order to not become overwhelmed by my admittedly huge backlog, I started to break it down into smaller batches. Specter of Torment is the last game of a batch which I originally planned to play during the whole year ;-)

Cheers!
Post edited May 05, 2017 by Nymes
Progress update on Shovel Knight - Specter of Torment
Assigned by myself

A simply brillant game, on par with its predecessors. Although it felt slightly easier that the original Shovel Knight and Plague of Shadows because Specter Knight's dash attacks are just really strong and you get some pretty strong artifacts throughout the game.
If you have only the slightest interest in platformer games, you owe it to yourself to buy Shovel Knight!

But for now, I am in need of a new assignment! As I said earlier, I separated my backlog into smaller batches.
Please gentlemen, choose one of the following!

Bastion
Fallout
MDK
Star Wars - Dark Forces
Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic 2
Stronghold HD

Cheers!
I pick
Nymes: MDK
for you. Can be finish relatively fast and it fun to play it :)
Ghorpm: I pick
Nymes: MDK
Ghorpm: for you. Can be finish relatively fast and it fun to play it :)
Thank you, Ghorpm - I will play MDK next. This is one of my childhood games I was just too stupid to play back then. :-)
Ghorpm: I pick

for you. Can be finish relatively fast and it fun to play it :)
Nymes: Thank you, Ghorpm - I will play MDK next. This is one of my childhood games I was just too stupid to play back then. :-)
Looking forward to your reports. It's in my backlog and (nearly) everytime I start a new game, I think about giving MDK a try. But everytime I end up with another game instead. So maybe you can convince me to finally play it. :)
Finished Might & Magic VI, assigned by Ghorpm well over a month ago! Loved it, in fact loved it so much I'll be taking the initiative to jump right into M&M 7 which appears to be more of the same (in a good way)! Fantastic music, graphics and combat system. There were some times where some of the dungeons dragged on a bit too long and too many enemies were stuffed in an area, but they were worth grinding through for the levels. I did do a lot of looking stuff up to make sure which skills and stats were important and I was prepared for the "ancient weapons". Haste + "ancient weapons" + fly spell = glorious destruction! I can't believe I missed this game back in the late 90s when I was playing Fallout and Baldur's Gate, I'd say it was just as good.
Progress update on MDK
Assigned by Ghorpm

Well, what can I say - I finished the game already! And I didn't have to rush, as it is just that short, also relatively easy and absolutely linear. Although it doesn't explain much, it's still fun, original and has a weird sense of humor. I enjoyed it! :-)

PaterAlf, if you give it a try, I am sure you will not regret it! I used the instructions in this thread to adapt the game.

One down, five more to go! What shall it be?

- Bastion
- Fallout
- Star Wars - Dark Forces
- Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic 2
- Stronghold HD

Cheers!
Nymes: Progress update on MDK
Assigned by Ghorpm

Well, what can I say - I finished the game already! And I didn't have to rush, as it is just that short, also relatively easy and absolutely linear. Although it doesn't explain much, it's still fun, original and has a weird sense of humor. I enjoyed it! :-)

PaterAlf, if you give it a try, I am sure you will not regret it! I used the instructions in this thread to adapt the game.

One down, five more to go! What shall it be?

- Bastion
- Fallout
- Star Wars - Dark Forces
- Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic 2
- Stronghold HD

Cheers!
Might I recommend Bastion? Great soundtrack, fun gameplay and narrated by Ron Perlman. Relatively short too. Took me about 7 hours but you can certainly get more out of it if you want.
GreasyDogMeat: Might I recommend Bastion? Great soundtrack, fun gameplay and narrated by Ron Perlman. Relatively short too. Took me about 7 hours but you can certainly get more out of it if you want.
Yes, very much so, Bastion it is then! I wanted to play this ever since I saw Day9 play through it several years back... Thank you, GreasyDogMeat!

Cheers!
Progress update on HoMaM 3 Complete

I'm allmost finished with this game...damn its a long game, but fun.

Can anyone recommend me a game that I should play in the meantime:

GOG:
Outlast
Expeditions: Conquistador
Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magik Obscura

Steam:
Amnesia TDD
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Company of Heroes
Darksiders II
Dead Space 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution (not the Director's Cut version)
Dustforce
Civilization V
Risen 2 Dark Waters
Post edited May 25, 2017 by Bass47