It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Progress update on Settlers 2: Gold Edition
Assigned by Ghorpm

I finished my exams and finally managed to find some spare time to play. Needless to say, I haven't progressed much further, but I managed to beat mission 7. Slow, but steady ;-)

Sadly, Stardew Valley is not in the Summer Sale yet, but I have way too much to play already...
Progress update on Stardew Valley and Grim Fandango Remastered:

With the Euro 2016 running, both games are more or less on a hold for the moment. Instead I'm playing games that I can play in short busts in between the football matches. I've completed Gone Home (which had a good story and an amazing soundtrack) andplayed some levels of A Boy and his Blob (which is nice, but very easy).

Will return to my assigned games soon. :)
Nymes: Progress update on Settlers 2: Gold Edition
Assigned by Ghorpm

I finished mission 6 and I am near the end of mission 7... as of last week. I almost had no time to play, as I have exams coming up and was also looking for a new appartment with my girlfriend ;-)
Maybe I will have time to progress near the end of next week.
Same here! Settlers 2 Gold thru Return to the Roots or dos?
Hey, crossing fingers in here for you and your gf, man ;P
Nymes:
vicklemos: Same here! Settlers 2 Gold thru Return to the Roots or dos?
I am just using the regular GOG-version, which is running through DosBox. What is "Return to the Roots"?
Thank you :-) My exams went surprisingly well and we also already found a new appartment. We're moving at the end of august ;-)
vicklemos: Same here! Settlers 2 Gold thru Return to the Roots or dos?
Nymes: I am just using the regular GOG-version, which is running through DosBox. What is "Return to the Roots"?
Thank you :-) My exams went surprisingly well and we also already found a new appartment. We're moving at the end of august ;-)
Check it!
It's an open source engine re-implementation. Go for it ;)
Now that you're good to go, since you kicked some ass in these exams, well, it's great to dig this game in an optimized way.
And glad you've found a new place to live, hooray ;D
Nymes:
vicklemos: Check it!
Now that you're good to go, since you kicked some ass in these exams, well, it's great to dig this game in an optimized way.
Looks interesting, but I'm not really into game-changing mods when I have yet to experience the vanilla game, but I will definitely look at it in the future ;-) Are you playing the Return-to-the-Roots-version right now? And did you play the World Campaign of the original game?
vicklemos: Check it!
Nymes: Looks interesting, but I'm not really into game-changing mods when I have yet to experience the vanilla game, but I will definitely look at it in the future ;-) Are you playing the Return-to-the-Roots-version right now? And did you play the World Campaign of the original game?
Hey man! I was into multiplayer in here. Don't really know if singleplayer was already implemented; as you can see, lan parties can get pretty intense with this re-implementation. Go for it when you have time, bud, won't regret it ;P
And yup, I'm also into the campaign here and there, something that's been happening kinda sporadically ;)
Nymes:
vicklemos: Hey man! I was into multiplayer in here. Don't really know if singleplayer was already implemented; as you can see, lan parties can get pretty intense with this re-implementation. Go for it when you have time, bud, won't regret it ;P
And yup, I'm also into the campaign here and there, something that's been happening kinda sporadically ;)
Ah, I see. I never thought that Settlers 2 Multiplayer was actually a thing ;-)
But those games seemed pretty intense! Those were custom-made maps, I presume?

I can also give a small...
Assigned by Ghorpm

I beat mission 8 of the Roman Campaign and will start mission 9 tomorrow, probably.
Although it's a great game I don't think I will continue with the World Campaign after I have lead the Romans back home. Therefore, I will regard this game as completed after mission 10 of the Roman Campaign, if that's OK for you, Ghorpm!
Nymes: I can also give a small...
Assigned by Ghorpm

I beat mission 8 of the Roman Campaign and will start mission 9 tomorrow, probably.
Although it's a great game I don't think I will continue with the World Campaign after I have lead the Romans back home. Therefore, I will regard this game as completed after mission 10 of the Roman Campaign, if that's OK for you, Ghorpm!
Sure it is! It takes some time to beat the game and I can fully understand that after playing one campaign you may not want to continue with another one immediately. Take some break first ;)
Progress update on Uplink
Assigned by PeterAlf

I've managed to beat half of the missions but I can't get any further because earler in the game I bought the most powerful processor and now I dont have any money to buy a "HUD_ConnectionAnalyses" for bypassing proxies and firewalls.

PaterAlf:
So yeah, I'm stuck and the only way to progress further is to restart the game, wich I don't want because I recently bought Dark Souls and I want to play it (I don't want to put it on the backlog list like I used to do with other games that I bought). If it's ok for you, can I restart the game when I'm in the mood (and have more time)?
Post edited June 22, 2016 by Bass47
Bass47: Progress update on Uplink
Assigned by PeterAlf

I've managed to beat half of the missions but I can't get any further because earler in the game I bought the most powerful processor and now I dont have any money to buy a "HUD_ConnectionAnalyses" for bypassing proxies and firewalls.

PaterAlf:
Bass47: So yeah, I'm stuck and the only way to progress further is to restart the game, wich I don't want because I recently bought Dark Souls and I want to play it (I don't want to put it on the backlog list like I used to do with other games that I bought). If it's ok for you, can I restart the game when I'm in the mood (and have more time)?
Of course, I'm not PaterAlf, but I think it's very much OK, if you switch to Dark Souls ;-) Have fun with it!
In Uplink, is it possible to sell gear? Maybe that's a way to progress.

Meanwhile I can give a...
Assigned by Ghorpm

I managed to beat the final mission of the Roman Campaign and have thus completed half of the Gold Edition!
Only the long World Campaign remains. During the missions, I freely used the speed-"cheat" to not have to wait five minutes before my settlers walked from A to B, as the maps tend to be quite big. Even with that, it still took me six or more hours to beat a single mission - I estimate it took me about 50 to 60 hours to finish the game, even though I already started at mission 4!
The level design is varied and challenging, but nevertheless I intend to switch games for the moment.

I am for now now in the mood for something with a quicker gameplay and something different... gentlemen, please choose!
GOG Games:
- Bastion
- Battle Realms Complete
- Broforce
- Caesar 3
- Cities in Motion Complete
- Escape Goat 2
- Homeworld Remastered
- Hotline Miami 2 - Wrong Number
- MDK 1
- Nexus - The Jupiter Incident
- Odallus - The Dark Call
- Sacrifice
- Space Pirates and Zombies
- Star Wars - Dark Forces

Other games:
- Warhammer 40k Dawn of War: Winter Assault
- Company of Heroes + Tales of Valor
Cheers!
Nymes:
I honestly don't know if you can sell gear. I'm going to check that out.
I finished uplink few months ago, so I could offer advice to you.
When I could not find any low-rank(finish-able) missions, just push the speed up button at top screen and wait a few seconds, and eventually new low-rank missions will be appeared.
I didn't have any troubles to find new missions.

I remembered that In the middle period of the game, finding new finish-able missions was a bit difficult without waiting.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by yoshino
Since nobody assigned me a new game, I went on and finished Space Pirates and Zombies.
This was a game I already started two years ago and progressed quite far as I liked it a lot back then. Then it became really grindy and I paused for a looong time - but now I managed to beat it ;-)

Therefore, I will try again for a new assignment: gentlemen, please choose!
GOG Games:
- Baldur's Gate 1 Complete
- Bastion
- Battle Realms Complete
- Broforce
- Caesar 3
- Escape Goat 2
- Fallout 1
- Homeworld Remastered
- MDK 1
- Sacrifice
- Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic 2

Other games:
- Mass Effect 1
Cheers!
Nymes: Therefore, I will try again for a new assignment: gentlemen, please choose!

GOG Games:
- Baldur's Gate 1 Complete
- Bastion
- Battle Realms Complete
- Broforce
- Caesar 3
- Escape Goat 2
- Fallout 1
- Homeworld Remastered
- MDK 1
- Sacrifice
- Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic 2

Other games:
- Mass Effect 1
Nymes: Cheers!
What about Baldur's Gate 1 Complete is?
You will enjoy this great RPG!

Personally I even like this game than 2. The beginning stage was a bit difficult though.
Post edited June 30, 2016 by yoshino