It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PaterAlf: Technically I had some problems after the first mission. Framerate dramatically dropped when the second mission started and made the game almost unplayable. But when I started the game the next time the problem was gone and so far it hasn't appeared again
I also had problems with low framerates throughout the game. I found a possible fix on the forums, though it was after I had already finished and uninstalled the game, so I have not confirmed if it works. You can try disabling the "compress textures"-option in the graphics-settings.
Progress update on Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Assigned by Dessimu

Unfortunately, I did not have that much time last week to play, but I managed to finish the Leilana's Song DLC, which was a nice change of things.
Back in the main game, I finished all remaining sidequests and called the Landsmeet. But first, I had to rescue the queen and settle the uprising in the elven alienage. After that, I resolved the Landsmeet, killed Loghain and helped queen Anora to the throne. With the civil war dealt with, Ferelden could finally deal with the Blight - and so my character did ;-)
I fought my way through Denerim, alongside Alistair, Shale and Wynne, up to the rooftop of Fort Drakon. There, I slew the archdemon and made the ultimate sacrifice. I very much enjoyed my own personal conclusion of this epic story.

... But wait, there's more!

Dragon Age: Awakening still awaits, as well as both the Golems of Amgarrak and The Witch Hunt DLCs. When I have finished those, I will regard this fantastic game as finished. Hopefully, I will be done by the end of the week. It's simply been a long, long journey... the game claims, I have spent about 80 hours, whereas Steam says it has been about 100. Well, the truth always is somewhere in the middle. :-)

Cheers!
wolfsrain: First run with Xulima....After quite a few hours it becomes painfully obvious that i picked the wrong skills and overextended. So, reset and restart i guess.

Story is nothing to write home, characters so far seem bland, but the gameplay is kind of addictive. Graphics are clean and nice, sound and music is okay.

Overall is a mediocre game, but with the score bumped by nostalgia and an actually good gameplay, but a gameplay that it's more orientated towards a hardcore player, not towards a more casual one.
I wondered if buying this game or not. If it were exceptionally well reviewed I would buy on sale.
But sounds like this game is at most mediocre so I will pass.

Progress update on X3 Terran Conflict
Assigned by Dessimu.

I figure out a good trade root. Buying Ores in Herron's Nebula sector (about 50 credit per one), and then selling Ores on factories in Argon Prime sector(about 150 - 170 credit per one). One round trip earned about 60,000 credit.
Grinding(trading) many times, finally I brought a new ship, Mercury Tanker for 400,000 credit and then old Mercury ship was commanded to auto-trading with buying Trade Command Software MK3 (for 500,000 credit.Duh!!).
My next objective will be buying a factory.That the manual recommended at least have 1,000,000 credit. This game requires a lot of grinding. :D
Nymes: Progress update on Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Assigned by Dessimu

Unfortunately, I did not have that much time last week to play, but I managed to finish the Leilana's Song DLC, which was a nice change of things.
Back in the main game, I finished all remaining sidequests and called the Landsmeet. But first, I had to rescue the queen and settle the uprising in the elven alienage. After that, I resolved the Landsmeet, killed Loghain and helped queen Anora to the throne. With the civil war dealt with, Ferelden could finally deal with the Blight - and so my character did ;-)
I fought my way through Denerim, alongside Alistair, Shale and Wynne, up to the rooftop of Fort Drakon. There, I slew the archdemon and made the ultimate sacrifice. I very much enjoyed my own personal conclusion of this epic story.

... But wait, there's more!

Dragon Age: Awakening still awaits, as well as both the Golems of Amgarrak and The Witch Hunt DLCs. When I have finished those, I will regard this fantastic game as finished. Hopefully, I will be done by the end of the week. It's simply been a long, long journey... the game claims, I have spent about 80 hours, whereas Steam says it has been about 100. Well, the truth always is somewhere in the middle. :-)

Cheers!
With your choices, I really, really want to hear how Awakening starts out :D
I know some of you gentlemen use Completionator and since I pushed out a new feature today that's partially inspired by the club here (I love this idea, even if I'm terrible at following through on my game haha!), I thought some of you might be interested in checking it out. The feature is called "Missions", which is short for "Backlog Missions".

The idea has a small amount of "flavor text" in that you "join" (i.e. opting in to confirm your participation) the Mercenary Guild and can then be assigned "missions" (i.e. games in your backlog) by other members. The purpose is to provide a fun way to work through backlogged games and it sits on top of existing site functionality to facilitate the workflow. If you've ever tried one of the bounties, it's very similar to those except there's no time limit and it can be for essentially any game in your backlog.

I did some marathon coding last night and this morning to get it out the door, but this is just the pilot / barebones version with lots more to come. If you're at all interested, feel free to read some more info in this thread. I have plenty of ideas for enhancements (some are listed in that thread), but certainly welcome any feedback you guys may have, especially since this was an inspiration for it!
Post edited March 13, 2016 by moho_00
Progress update on Return to Castle Wolfenstein:
I've played the first mission (level 1-3) by now and I think the easy difficulty is definitely hard enough for me. Game is pretty good and I really liked the cable car level. FPS rate still drops from time to time, but a restart or reload fixes the problem.

Progress update on Age of Wonders:
I'm still at mission three, but I really love this game. Game is kind of a Zen experience for me and probably one of the most relaxing games I've ever played. I play very carefully and try not to lose any units and so it can take hours to complete a mission. But everytime I look at the clock I can't believe how much time has passed without me even noticing.
Cool idea! I would like to be in. Even though my backlog is not very big (I didn't recreated it after beating it) but there are some games that I would like to give more time, find more secrets or play on higher difficulty. So here is my list, please assign me a game:

Banished
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse
Civilization IV: Colonization
Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal
Drakan: Order of the Flame
Gunpoint
Magicmaker
Shadow Watch
Space Pirates and Zombies
Sunless Sea
Toki Tori 2+
Pretty much the only game i have gotten past the first hour mark is Shadow Warrior (i have a lot of the others installed - to test they work on my system and in case i feel a bit more variety...). Once Grim Dawn hits GOG i imagine i will be spending some time on that alone...
Ghorpm: Cool idea! I would like to be in. Even though my backlog is not very big (I didn't recreated it after beating it) but there are some games that I would like to give more time, find more secrets or play on higher difficulty. So here is my list, please assign me a game:

Banished
Gunpoint
Magicmaker
Shadow Watch
Sunless Sea
Toki Tori 2+
If there isn't any problem, I would like to choose Civilization IV: Colonization for you to play. Can I ask you a little question?: How did you manage to beat your backlog ?
Ghorpm: Cool idea! I would like to be in. Even though my backlog is not very big (I didn't recreated it after beating it) but there are some games that I would like to give more time, find more secrets or play on higher difficulty. So here is my list, please assign me a game:

Banished
Gunpoint
Magicmaker
Shadow Watch
Sunless Sea
Toki Tori 2+
Bass47: If there isn't any problem, I would like to choose Civilization IV: Colonization for you to play. Can I ask you a little question?: How did you manage to beat your backlog ?
Accepted! I spent countless hours on the original game but only played that much of a remake so I'll gladly follow your suggestion.

And about backlog... well, I'm not sure. Maybe it's because I tend to play a lot of games (more or less) at the same time. Usually more than 30. Obviously it means that sometimes I'm not playing a particular game for a month or so but it never caused any problems - when I return to it I remember what was it about and how should I continue. And then one day I start finishing games one by one, sometimes even 20 per week. One day I realized I finished everything... that's how it happened
Assigned by Dessimu

I started Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening and imported my character from Origins. Even though he actually made the ultimate sacrifice this was no problem. All my choices and, using a fix-tool, my equipment stayed with me.
Now I am the Warden-Commander and hero of Ferelden! Yay! ;-)

First task: defend your newly acquired castle Vigil's Keep from the darkspawn! But this time it is different - darkspawn which can speak? Such things are unheard of. So I defended my castle and recruited some new Wardens. But I not only have to inquire these dire news, but also meddle in local politics, as I am now the equivalent of the local lord, the arl. I already had to unearth the first conspiracy against my reign... well, let's say it did not end well for those guys.

I also could finish the first of three main quests of the expansion. My party, consisting of Oghren, Anders and Nathaniel came upon Sigrun, the last surviving member of an expedition of the Legion of the Dead. Together, we ventured into the Deep Roads and slew the Lost, another intelligent darkspawn serving the Mother, and his broodmothers. Apparently, there are now warring factions between the darkspawn. I probably have to dispatch all of them sooner or later.
Now, I will explore the Deeps Roads directly under my very own castle, Vigil's Keep. Let's see what we will find.

In the expansion, it is much easier to acquire gold, but there are now also more ways to spend it quickly. I also like that you can craft runes now, which is a good way to upgrade equipment. I still use almost all of my gear from Origins. Moreover, I appreciate that there is now a possibility to redistribute skill- and talentpoints. Leveling up also appears to be quicker, my party hovers around level 28 now.

After the first main quest, I played the Golems of Amgarrak DLC for a change. It was interesting enough, but felt shorter than the other additonal DLC campaigns. Yet I have to admit that the final fight against the Harvester was quite the challenge indeed.

Cheers!
Progress update on X3 Terran Conflict
Assigned by Dessimu.

I build the first factory, Wheat Farm in near Argon Prime sector, which is not so profitable but OK so far.
I got bored for repeating trading game, so I bought another MK3 trade software and made my 2 ships auto-trading.
And then, I begun the great expedition to the east with my M5 ship (tiniest fighting ships in the game).
After 40 sectors were explored, finally I arrived the sol system. I went to Mars but I couldn't find the warp hole to Earth.

I begun the main quest line for fighting pirates.
My M5 ship was too week with Pirates, so I bought new M4 ship for 800,000 credits.
I forget equip the Jump (warp) drive upgrade function with my new ship and I couldn't find any in the sol system, so I had to get back Argon Prime and bought one and jump back,
I also bought another trade ship for 400,000 credits + trade MK3 soft 500,000 + jump 100,000, total one million credits, but auto-trading is profitable. now I have 1 million credits, perhaps next objective is upgrading my ship to M3 ship for 2 millions credits.
Progress updates on Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Age of Wonders:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein
I've made it to mission 2-2 (the catacombs) and met the first supernatural foes. Don't know if I like this element of the game yet.
I still like the level design though. It's linear enough to not be confusing, but complex enough to stay interesting. Very well done.

At the beginning of mission 2 I got the sniper rifle and it sure made things easier. I can kill enemies from the distance now and no matter where I hit them, they go down after one shot. The weapon feels a little over-powered.

Age of Wonders
I've finally beat the third mission. Everybody on the map was hostile (my only ally was killed after a few turns), so that took some time. After that I've teamed up with the lizards. Who the hell would choose the dwarves when you can fight side by side with lizardmen???

Fourth mission was a quick one, because there was only one enemy (the Frostlings) and everybody else stayed neutral or teamed up with me. My two heroes are a lot stronger now which makes battles easier.

Still love this game. It's relaxing, intriguing and addictive at the same time.
Do gentlemen even have a backlog? Or perhaps do they play games if they have a 2 person community? "As a gentleman I demand you play this game I want to play, you should play it first, take this controller and use it as a expansion of your arm, I will root for you, warn me if there is a spoiler."
Assigned by Dessimu

I have now completely finished the game!

I did the last two remaining main quests of Awakening and all the sidequests. Here I had to solve the mysteries in the Blackmarsh and in the Wending Woods. In the Blackmarsh, I also found powerful new equipment and the materials to forge an amazing sword - Vigilance. Sadly, upon entering the Silverite Mine in the Wending Woods there was a bug which caused me to lose all my gear. Such things simply annoy me, it should not happen for an AAA-title.
Therefore, I had to resort to fan-made fixes to workaround some other bugs and also had to play this particular section again. Luckily, I took the common RPG-rule "Save early, save often!" very seriously ;-)

After the main quests, the city of Amaranthine was under attack. And so the Warden-Commander gathered his companions Sigrun, Anders and Nathaniel to save the city... just to see it almost destroyed by the darkspawn. After some considerations, I chose to go back to Vigil's Keep, which was under heavy attack, and burned the city to the ground. That was a very difficult decision, indeed.
Afterwards, I headed to the Mother's Lair in the Dragonbone Wastes to put an end to all of this. There, I encountered the Architect, which offered me his assistance, but wanted to free the Darkspawn in a ritual similar to the Grey Warden Joining. I declined and slew him. There are simply no deals with darkspawn. The Mother finally fell to my blade shortly after that.
Now, I have just finished the Witch Hunt DLC, which was somewhat underwhelming. It ends in some kind of cliffhanger, which shall apparently lead to Dragon Age 2. Well, I heard this title was relatively bad, so I am not inclined to buy or play it in the future.

All in all, I had a really good time with Dragon Age: Origins, Awakening and their DLCs. There were bugs and even crashes from time to time which dampen my views of the game. But nevertheless, I think it is a very good RPG with a typical bioware-like feel to it and I can definitely recommend it! I would probably rate it with 8/10 or something ;-)

So, now I am in need for a new assignment! But I wish to take a break of RPGs or overly long games for the moment. While Dragon Age was definitely a worthwhile investment - remember, I paid 5€ for it and played for around 125 hours - something shorter would be a welcome change. Consequently, I removed some games from my list, but they will reappear at a later stage ;-)
Please choose for me, fellow gentlemen!
GOG Games:
- Bastion
- Battle Realms Complete
- Caesar 3
- Hotline Miami 2 - Wrong Number
- MDK 1
- Nexus - The Jupiter Incident
- Odallus - The Dark Call
- Sacrifice
- Settlers 2 Gold
- Shovel Knight