It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I agree, programs like Galaxy should be native.
arm_and_hammer: Please port GOG galaxy to linux (preferably mint :P). I think you guys would make a killing! Just do what steam does and use WINE as a wrapper and slightly modify your windows client.
shmerl: Not really a good idea. Better make an open source client to begin with.
If Itch can do it, I see no reason why GOG couldn't handle it.
Post edited February 17, 2017 by king_mosiah
Did anyone try running Psychonauts lately? I've never played it before, and now trying it for the first time - it fails pretty badly on Debian testing.

Running Psychonauts
STUBBED: fix up the rest of the SSE code first at DetectSSESupport (/home/icculus/projects/psychonauts/Source/CommonLibs/DFMath/MathGeneral.cpp:32)
STUBBED: write me? at SetPCLanguage (/home/icculus/projects/psychonauts/Source/game/luatest/UnixMain.cpp:120)
STUBBED: fix up the rest of the SSE code first at DetectCPUCaps (/home/icculus/projects/psychonauts/Source/game/luatest/Game/PCGameApp.cpp:223)
STUBBED: check LANG envr var at _GetDefaultGameLanguage (/home/icculus/projects/psychonauts/Source/game/luatest/Game/GameApp.cpp:171)
Console created
Save path: /home/<user>/.local/share/Psychonauts
Write path: WorkResource
STUBBED: inline asm at SSEMul_4x4_4x4_2arg (/home/icculus/projects/psychonauts/Source/CommonLibs/DFMath/Matrix.cpp:710)
STUBBED: inline asm at SSEMul_4x4_4x4_3arg (/home/icculus/projects/psychonauts/Source/CommonLibs/DFMath/Matrix.cpp:698)
******** unit test failed ********
Transport started
DaveD: NCListenSocket: Listening on port 40001
STUBBED: VK_* at InitInputNames (/home/icculus/projects/psychonauts/Source/CommonLibs/DirectX/SDLInput.cpp:1226)
No joysticks detected
SDL_SetVideoMode() failed: Failed loading libGL.so.1
Start Up completed in 0.02 seconds
support/gog_com.shlib: line 94: 11602 Segmentation fault ./"${bin_64}"

It looks related to obsolete libraries that are bundled with it, but removing lib there doesn't exactly help either. libGL.so.1 error goes away, but it still crashes like this:

Created OpenGL Device. Adapter: Gallium 0.4 on AMD POLARIS10 (DRM 3.8.0 / 4.9.0-1-amd64, LLVM 3.9.1) Driver: X.Org 800x600 75hz
STUBBED: this might be wrong at FilterTexture (/home/icculus/projects/psychonauts/Source/CommonLibs/DFGraphics/Texture.cpp:1484)
STUBBED: figure this out later at Commit (/home/icculus/projects/psychonauts/Source/CommonLibs/DFUtil/EMemStack.cpp:108)
STUBBED: hack to workaround permanent bacon blur at SetMotionBlurState (/home/icculus/projects/psychonauts/Source/game/luatest/RTEngine/Scene.cpp:180)
DaveD: Could not open lua packfile 'common'
DaveD: Info: Texture pack file contains 366 textures
WARN: ENGINE: Lua garbage collection starting
FreeUnusedBlocksInBuckets released 0 Kb
ERROR: Assert in /home/icculus/projects/psychonauts/Source/game/luatest/Game/GameInit.cpp, line 348
m_iMainFont
Encountered Error:
Psychonauts has encountered an error
/home/icculus/projects/psychonauts/Source/game/luatest/Game/GameInit.cpp, line 348
m_iMainFont
Please contact technical support at http://www.doublefine.com.
support/gog_com.shlib: line 94: 11753 Trace/breakpoint trap ./"${bin_64}"

It could be one of those LFS lacking games that fail on XFS as well. I'll try it in the loop device for a test.

UPDATE: Yep, lacking LFS confirmed. I wish there was an easier workaround that would create a loop device and mount it using FUSE without sudo.
Post edited February 20, 2017 by shmerl
For the reference, Baldur's Gate has also obsolete bundled libs. Purging all except for libcrypto.so.1.0.0 and libssl.so.1.0.0 helps, but it's also bitten by missing LFS support (grrr). I'll try contacting Beamdog about it.

I think GOG QA should go over all Linux games with bundled libs, and re-test them, especially with Mesa. Invalid bundling of old libstdc++ causes a common issue in many of them.

UPATE: Luckily, Beamdog actually have a proper bug tracker. I opened a bug about missing LFS here: http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/29687
Post edited February 20, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: Did anyone try running Psychonauts lately? I've never played it before, and now trying it for the first time - it fails pretty badly on Debian testing.
After seeing your message I downloaded the game to see how it works, haven't checked the output log but it ran straight away on my Mint 17.3 setup (ext4 partition).
Ganni1987: After seeing your message I downloaded the game to see how it works, haven't checked the output log but it ran straight away on my Mint 17.3 setup (ext4 partition).
Are you using Mesa? Also, Mint is probably behind Debian testing, so bundled libs probably didn't become as obsolete there. I didn't really try to narrow down the issue, I just removed all of them to avoid it.
Post edited February 21, 2017 by shmerl
Ganni1987: After seeing your message I downloaded the game to see how it works, haven't checked the output log but it ran straight away on my Mint 17.3 setup (ext4 partition).
shmerl: Are you using Mesa? Also, Mint is probably behind Debian testing, so bundled libs probably didn't become as obsolete there. I didn't really try to narrow down the issue, I just removed all of them to avoid it.
old libxcb and libstdc++ are the culprit, remove those and it starts fine here.

but tbh, you can just remove the whole lib/ folder and libopenal and libSDL-1.2 in the game/ folder as well and let the game use your distros libraries instead.
These are all pretty standard libraries, installing them from your distro shouldn't be a problem.
immi101: old libxcb and libstdc++ are the culprit, remove those and it starts fine here.

but tbh, you can just remove the whole lib/ folder and libopenal and libSDL-1.2 in the game/ folder as well and let the game use your distros libraries instead.
These are all pretty standard libraries, installing them from your distro shouldn't be a problem.
Yes, that's what I did. Just removed the whole lib from there. In some cases it contains some stuff that's not in the distro anymore however, so those should be kept. But libstdc++ bundling is simply wrong, because C++ ABIs can break compatibility. And when games bind with system DRI libraries (which use C++) things go haywire. But IMHO this should be tested and fixed by GOG.
shmerl: Are you using Mesa? Also, Mint is probably behind Debian testing, so bundled libs probably didn't become as obsolete there. I didn't really try to narrow down the issue, I just removed all of them to avoid it.
Nvidia closed source. I will try it on my laptop with Intel HD later (Mint 18.1) this evening though and see how it fares.
immi101: old libxcb and libstdc++ are the culprit, remove those and it starts fine here.

shmerl: Yes, that's what I did. Just removed the whole lib from there. In some cases it contains some stuff that's not in the distro anymore however, so those should be kept. But libstdc++ bundling is simply wrong, because C++ ABIs can break compatibility. And when games bind with system DRI libraries (which use C++) things go haywire. But IMHO this should be tested and fixed by GOG.
I don't have the GOG version of the game, but I do have the DRM-fee humble release. That version only ships with 'libSDL-1.2.so.0' and 'libopenal.so.1', and it works for me in Fedora 25 with the open AMD drivers.
Post edited February 21, 2017 by king_mosiah
king_mosiah: I don't have the GOG version of the game, but I do have the DRM-fee humble release. That version only ships with 'libSDL-1.2.so.0' and 'libopenal.so.1', and it works for me in Fedora 25 with the open AMD drivers.
I assume you mean Psychonauts. It works indeed, besides the same LFS issue.
Ganni1987: Nvidia closed source. I will try it on my laptop with Intel HD later (Mint 18.1) this evening though and see how it fares.
Yep, testing it with Intel could reveal this issue. Note /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so which is packaged in libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64

As ldd shows for it:

linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffe3e1c2000)
libgcrypt.so.20 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcrypt.so.20 (0x00007fd614c08000)
libdrm_intel.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdrm_intel.so.1 (0x00007fd6149e5000)
libdrm_nouveau.so.2 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdrm_nouveau.so.2 (0x00007fd6147dd000)
libdrm_radeon.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdrm_radeon.so.1 (0x00007fd6145d1000)
libdrm.so.2 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdrm.so.2 (0x00007fd6143c1000)
libexpat.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexpat.so.1 (0x00007fd614195000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007fd613f78000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007fd613d74000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007fd6139f2000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007fd6136ee000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007fd613350000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007fd613137000)
libgpg-error.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgpg-error.so.0 (0x00007fd612f23000)
libpciaccess.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpciaccess.so.0 (0x00007fd612d19000)
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x000055e7f4048000)
libz.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1 (0x00007fd612aff000)

It uses libstdc++.so.6. So if ABI of that is not compatible with ABI of the bundled libstdc++.so (and whatever there uses it), it will bork.
Has anyone been able to get Trine 3 working with the AMD Mesa drivers?
king_mosiah: Has anyone been able to get Trine 3 working with the AMD Mesa drivers?
I'll give it a try shortly (downloading the latest version).
Running Trine 3 out of the box gives this error:

Running Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power
./bin/trine3_linux_launcher_64bit: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It uses obsolete libpng12.so.0 which is simply missing in current day Debian. This affects a number of Frozenbyte games, even their recent Shadwen. Pulling libpng12.so.0 from older Debian Jessie and placing it in game's lib/lib64 directory helps to work around that.

The game itself however hangs after that. I'll look into what's going on.

UPDATE: Nothing obvious is going on. Some pretty weird behavior in strace.

UPDATE2: Reported it to developers here.

UPDATE3: Can anyone please test it on Intel Mesa? I might install it on my laptop for testing, but later.
Post edited March 12, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: It uses obsolete libpng12.so.0 which is simply missing in current day Debian. This affects a number of Frozenbyte games, even their recent Shadwen.
depends on your definition of obsolete, i guess
1.2 is the version shipped with Ubuntu 16.04, which is the system targeted by GOG (and also the version shipped with the Steam Linux SDK, I believe). So you could say this "works as intended" :p

though i guess they'll bundle the library once they start to make the games compatible to newer Ubuntu versions.
Post edited March 12, 2017 by immi101