It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZeldaMarioHordak: Thank you everyone for help!

The manual unzip method was the solution, so it seems GOG Linux team still has some work to do with their installer.
You'll want to report it to GOG tech support then so they'll be aware of the problem and can ask you for any information they need to replicate the problem.
Hi,
some days ago I installed Two Worlds Two and played it with 360 controller. I was so happy. Now I installed Divinity II and I can not start Two Worlds Two anymore.
So please, where are my save games of TW2 ??
Before uninstalling and installing it new I would like to save them.
gogsusi: Hi,
some days ago I installed Two Worlds Two and played it with 360 controller. I was so happy. Now I installed Divinity II and I can not start Two Worlds Two anymore.
I don't have TW2 to check, but savegames are usually in one of those locations :

- somewhere in ~/.config/ or ~/.local/ (that's where they should be, XDG standards) ;

- in the game directory itself ;

- in ~/My Games/ or ~/Documents/ or some similar location.

The easiest way to locate the save games is to look for recently modified files, if you know when you did your last save game, you can use a command like :

find ~ -mtime -3 -mtime +1

That will give you all files modified more recently than 3 days ago, but less recently than one day ago, so files modified 2 days ago (you can adjust the numbers).
Post edited July 01, 2016 by kilobug
gogsusi: Hi,
kilobug: I don't have TW2 to check, but savegames are usually in one of those locations :

- somewhere in ~/.config/ or ~/.local/ (that's where they should be, XDG standards) ;
There is a folder but no savegames

- in the game directory itself ;
Not there

- in ~/My Games/ or ~/Documents/ or some similar location.
No savegames

The easiest way to locate the save games is to look for recently modified files, if you know when you did your last save game, you can use a command like :

find ~ -mtime -3 -mtime +1

That will give you all files modified more recently than 3 days ago, but less recently than one day ago, so files modified 2 days ago (you can adjust the numbers).
Mybe they are only in the cloud, because the game is running fine again. Next problem: I'm running out of space and have to overwrite the first games.
that' not fair!
gogsusi: Mybe they are only in the cloud, because the game is running fine again. Next problem: I'm running out of space and have to overwrite the first games.
that' not fair!
Doubtful. The effect of only saving in the cloud would be a little too close to online-activation DRM to pass GOG's rules.
Post edited July 01, 2016 by ssokolow
gogsusi: Mybe they are only in the cloud, because the game is running fine again. Next problem: I'm running out of space and have to overwrite the first games.
that' not fair!
ssokolow: Doubtful. The effect of only saving in the cloud would be a little too close to online-activation DRM to pass GOG's rules.
I've found them with *.save* in /Gespeicherte Spiele / Two Worlds II

Thank you
I'm having some issues with TripleA

Does anybody play this game? I'm playing on Ubuntu and have a problem where the combat window has disappeared so I can't finish the current battle. The game is essentially stuck.

I've tried the various TripleA sites/forums with little luck and have decided to ask my fellow gog users. I last played TripleA years ago and remember it being buggy as heck, so I may just have to start again and save often :-(

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.
I will just....leave this here - https://www.gog.com/forum/quake_series/quake_ii_easy_setup_for_linux

:-)
About extracting Dex soundtrack (on Linux).
Day of The Tentacle Remastered just got a Linux release on GOG.

Thanks to Cheeseness for working on the Linux version!
Post edited July 12, 2016 by shmerl
Having issues trying getting The Real Texas running in Manjaro (Gnome).

(therealtexas:5249): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(therealtexas:5249): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",
support/gog_com.shlib: line 94: 5249 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./"${bin_64}"
I've been hammering at this for a few weeks now already, so bear with me:

Earlier this year Trine 3 received an update for which introduced a massive performance hit on Linux, after a couple of months they fixed this (amongst other issues), more or less 5 months have passed since then and both GOG and Humble Bundle DRM-Free gamers still haven't received this patch, the game is technically broken as it stands.

If anyone has a few minutes to take a look and leave a message that the GOG version should be updated, then maybe there's a slim chance they'll finally do it, you can find the link here: http://www.frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=27509
Ganni1987:
"This is something we haven't gotten any other requests for, which is at least one of the reason we can't give this a very high priority."

Wow, they need to get requests to patch their games.
I guess I'm not getting Shadwen at all even when on sale considering this happens and the stuff with the level editor.
Terrible company in the way they handle things.
Post edited July 14, 2016 by omega64
king_mosiah: Having issues trying getting The Real Texas running in Manjaro (Gnome).

support/gog_com.shlib: line 94: 5249 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./"${bin_64}"
Please write to our support and provide us your system info :)
Ganni1987: I've been hammering at this for a few weeks now already, so bear with me:

Earlier this year Trine 3 received an update for which introduced a massive performance hit on Linux, after a couple of months they fixed this (amongst other issues), more or less 5 months have passed since then and both GOG and Humble Bundle DRM-Free gamers still haven't received this patch, the game is technically broken as it stands.

If anyone has a few minutes to take a look and leave a message that the GOG version should be updated, then maybe there's a slim chance they'll finally do it, you can find the link here: http://www.frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=27509
Thanks for letting us know, will take a look at this and see what can be done.
Post edited July 15, 2016 by linuxvangog
linuxvangog: Thanks for letting us know, will take a look at this and see what can be done.
Just want to add that the developer of Trine 3 has left a message on their official forum, looks like we finally have their attention. :-)

Dev Response:

Hey guys, we're looking into this. So hopefully some good news about updating the GOG (and I suppose Humble) build next week. More info next week Mon-Wed, hang tight!