It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DrYaboll: The currently is "Active gaming media sale" which includes La Mulana.

This game recently received a Linux port, yet it is still not up on GOG.

Is it coming? Or is it another game I screwed myself over by buying it on GOG instead of Steam?
Hi,

We're waiting for the Mac & Linux versions of the game to be delivered to us. Once we get the builds they will be added to your account at no extra charge :)
DrYaboll: The currently is "Active gaming media sale" which includes La Mulana.

This game recently received a Linux port, yet it is still not up on GOG.

Is it coming? Or is it another game I screwed myself over by buying it on GOG instead of Steam?
Also, as a workaround, it's possible to get the Windows version running perfectly in wine-staging without much effort. ( I'm not sure if the keyboard-fixing patch has been mainlined yet, so, for that, you may still need to follow the instructions to hex-edit the config file to bind an OK button in your gamepad so you can configure the rest within the game.)
Hiya, im new on here, please can someone help, i bought some games but how do i download and play them? Thanks
Post edited May 28, 2016 by beakersAmuppet
beakersAmuppet: Hiya, im new on here, please can someone help, i bought some games but how do i download and play them? Thanks
1. Click "Account" in the site's header
2. Find the game you want in the list and click it to pull up details.
3. The left half of the resulting popup will have links to download the game. (Assuming you're not trying to run a Windows game inside Wine, make sure it says "OS: LINUX" in the list header before you start your download.)
4. Once you've downloaded the installer, right-click the file and choose "Properties".
5. In the resulting dialog, there will be something along the lines of "Can execute" that you need to enable but the exact design of the dialog will depend on what Linux desktop you're using.
6. Once the file has been marked executable, double-click it to launch an installer similar to what you'd see on Windows.
7. Follow the instructions and the game will be added to your desktop's regular application launcher.

If you bought a Windows game because people say it works in Wine, my advice is to try using PlayOnLinux, since that has a lot of scripts to automate the process of installing any tweaks or dependencies the game might need.
Post edited May 28, 2016 by ssokolow
ssokolow: If you bought a Windows game because people say it works in Wine, my advice is to try using PlayOnLinux, since that has a lot of scripts to automate the process of installing any tweaks or dependencies the game might need.
I would say install PoL and create a new prefix in it, then try install the game, add a shortcut and try to run the game (ok I am simplifying things :D ) a lot of times things might run. if not install dx9 under the install components tab of configure and try again.

I found a lot of scripts that PoL have is way out dated and some add steps for "bugs" that is fixed in newer wine releases
te_lanus: (ok I am simplifying things :D )
This is why I didn't suggest that approach despite using it myself.

If someone's asking about downloading and installing GOG games, they probably want more experience before experimenting with getting the right Wine dependencies installed. (Especially given how subtly picky the installers for .NET and XNA can be.)
If anyone is interested. Recent updates to Debian testing seriously broke KDE Plasma 5. Many games simply hang the whole desktop. I had to revert it back to this snapshot (using Debian snapshots):

deb http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20160523T045008Z/ testing main contrib non-free
deb-src http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20160523T045008Z/ testing main contrib non-free

May be it will help you if you'll start encountering weird issues. If you need more details on how to use Debian snapshots, comment here (it's not enough to just enable that repo, you also need to set apt preferences for priority).
Post edited May 30, 2016 by shmerl
Having a problem getting 32bit games running in Debian testing. I've enabled the i386 architecture, but I still get the "No such file or directory" error on executables.
king_mosiah: Having a problem getting 32bit games running in Debian testing. I've enabled the i386 architecture, but I still get the "No such file or directory" error on executables.
Are you using XFS as for your partition where you are running games from? If yes, see
https://www.gog.com/mix/linux_games_with_large_xfs_partition_bug

If it's the case for you, let me know what game is affected by it, so I'd add it to the list. The workaround is to use loop device for example. Also, report to developers to compile 32 bit versions properly (using -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64) or to avoid this mess altogether and build in 64 bit. We aren't in the 2000s anymore.
Post edited May 31, 2016 by shmerl
king_mosiah: Having a problem getting 32bit games running in Debian testing. I've enabled the i386 architecture, but I still get the "No such file or directory" error on executables.
shmerl: Are you using XFS as for your partition where you are running games from? If yes, see
https://www.gog.com/mix/linux_games_with_large_xfs_partition_bug

If it's the case for you, let me know what game is affected by it, so I'd add it to the list. The workaround is to use loop device for example. Also, report to developers to compile 32 bit versions properly (using -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64) or to avoid this mess altogether and build in 64 bit. We aren't in the 2000s anymore.
No it's standard Ext4. I remember having the same problem last year and installing *something* after enabling i386 let me run 32-bit binaries. I just cannot remember what it was.
king_mosiah: No it's standard Ext4. I remember having the same problem last year and installing *something* after enabling i386 let me run 32-bit binaries. I just cannot remember what it was.
Can you run ldd on the binary and see if anything is missing?
king_mosiah: I remember having the same problem last year and installing *something* after enabling i386 let me run 32-bit binaries. I just cannot remember what it was.
sudo apt-get -y install libc6:i386 libasound2:i386 libasound2-data:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386
libc6:i386 is the big one. Likely need the others for sound.
king_mosiah: No it's standard Ext4. I remember having the same problem last year and installing *something* after enabling i386 let me run 32-bit binaries. I just cannot remember what it was.
shmerl: Can you run ldd on the binary and see if anything is missing?
Same "no such file or directory" error as when I try to launch it. Happens to every 32-bit bin and I have i386 enabled.
king_mosiah: Same "no such file or directory" error as when I try to launch it. Happens to every 32-bit bin and I have i386 enabled.
That's weird. Install those libraries that Gydion mentioned (libc is obviously a must), and try again.
king_mosiah: I remember having the same problem last year and installing *something* after enabling i386 let me run 32-bit binaries. I just cannot remember what it was.
Gydion: sudo apt-get -y install libc6:i386 libasound2:i386 libasound2-data:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386
libc6:i386 is the big one. Likely need the others for sound.
Thank you! This and a few other 32-bit libs got things running.