It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HappyPunkPotato: Anyone know how to swap the WASD keys with the arrow keys? I was letting my kid play with the keyboard and he did it somehow but I can't ask him because he's only one! I don't know if it's a Linux thing (Debian) or a keyboard thing (ADX) but searching only seems to get answers for how to do it on Windows anyway.
Found this:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/296155/how-can-i-remap-keyboard-keys

Ubuntu is based on Debian, so I imagine it's likely the process works on Debian too.
_Auster_:
I don't think a one year old could do something that would require key remapping by simply randomly pressing and smashing the keyboard. :P
InkPanther: I don't think a one year old could do something that would require key remapping by simply randomly pressing and smashing the keyboard. :P
Me neither and I can't begin to fathom how the kid did it, but from what I was reading, if the method I found does work on Debian, it sounds like a good workaround.
HappyPunkPotato: Anyone know how to swap the WASD keys with the arrow keys? I was letting my kid play with the keyboard and he did it somehow but I can't ask him because he's only one! I don't know if it's a Linux thing (Debian) or a keyboard thing (ADX) but searching only seems to get answers for how to do it on Windows anyway.
Perhaps Fn+W if your keyboard has Fn key? Google suggests in some keyboards it switches WASD and arrow keys.
Post edited November 20, 2021 by InkPanther
I love the idea of my one-year-old deliberately remapping the keyboard!
InkPanther: Perhaps Fn+W if your keyboard has Fn key?
That did it thanks. I found and tried all sorts of similar combinations (Fn+Windows, Fn+Esc etc) but never saw that one suggested.

Edit: Also, hi Ink Panther, I'm Pink Panther :-)
Post edited November 20, 2021 by HappyPunkPotato
HappyPunkPotato: That did it thanks. I found and tried all sorts of similar combinations (Fn+Windows, Fn+Esc etc) but never saw that one suggested.

Edit: Also, hi Ink Panther, I'm Pink Panther :-)
Cheers.

Hi. ;)
You can try remapping with AntiMicroX. It is made for gamepad mapping, though.
Alm888: You can try remapping with AntiMicroX. It is made for gamepad mapping, though.
InkPanther already found the solution but that program could definitely be useful, thanks!
The 8 year anniversary of GOG lies is next June:

In June 2014 they said: "We're not forgetting Linux guys. We'll be giving more info later this year.
Galaxy is being done with PC, Mac and Linux in mind."

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2014/06/gogcom-announce-galaxy-their-optional-client-linux-support-to-come
GOG lately has some financial troubles, so I doubt Galaxy is their main focus now.
I'm on linux laptop, I've downloaded a file but it's winrar.
How do I unzip it?
I've tried but it says parsing filter is unsupported?
Post edited January 24, 2022 by novumZ
novumZ: I'm on linux laptop, I've downloaded a file but it's winrar.
No Linux game on GOG is provided as a RAR archive. On the other hand, some Windows games are provided as custom InnoSetup installers relying on RAR compression.

If you give more details, including the title of the game and the name of the file you are trying to open, maybe we can help you with it.
vv221: No Linux game on GOG is provided as a RAR archive. On the other hand, some Windows games are provided as custom InnoSetup installers relying on RAR compression.

If you give more details, including the title of the game and the name of the file you are trying to open, maybe we can help you with it.
novumZ didn't say it's a game, so it could be a bonus content, such as a wallpaper pack, or a file totally unrelated to GOG's products (the title doesn't explicitly say it's a thread for GOG's products specifically).

How do I unzip it?
Personally, I like to use either unar and unrar, with unar being specially good for files encoded in shift-JIS (an encoding common in Japan).

If you're using unar, from the command terminal use the following commands, changing the path and file name and keeping the quotation marks:
cd "/path/to/compressed/archive/"
unar "archive-name.rar"
If you're using unrar instead, use the following commands instead:
cd "/path/to/compressed/archive/"
unrar x "archive-name.rar"
Also, you can get a list of common command options for both tools using the following commands in the terminal:
For unar:
unar --help
For unrar:
unrar
How do I unzip it?
Try innoextract.
Wow you guys! Thank you for being super nice and helpful!
I got it working.