It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CBA – Can't be arsed [to] –– Less rude version: Can't be asked [to].

Compare: "I'm above it."
low rated
Themken: CBA – Can't be arsed [to] –– Less rude version: Can't be asked [to].

So then basically "cannot be bothered to (for example 'check myself')"?
Themken: CBA – Can't be arsed [to] –– Less rude version: Can't be asked [to].

B1tF1ghter: So then basically "cannot be bothered to (for example 'check myself')"?
To my understanding but searching the web may give a more nuanced answer. I did not do so and admit English is not my native tongue.
low rated
You'll have to be a bit more specific regarding what issues you're asking about :)
I have two unreal engine games , Everspace and LittleNigthmares
that dont recognize my Steelseries Stratus Duo but recognize
other more old gamepads of mine.

Is there a way to fix that.
For example some games have a gamecontrollerdb.txt file where you can
add your entries. I fix a couple of old games that way.
Thulcedoom: I may be posting old information, but has anyone tried Dosbox-x? It looks promising, though it does not specify which linux distros it supports.

https://dosbox-x.com/
I just found out that Linux has good emulator software. what's more, it's free. Thank you for the information.
chomwitt: I have two unreal engine games , Everspace and LittleNigthmares
that dont recognize my Steelseries Stratus Duo but recognize
other more old gamepads of mine.

Is there a way to fix that.
For example some games have a gamecontrollerdb.txt file where you can
add your entries. I fix a couple of old games that way.
I never used this controller, but do the games recognize keyboard input? If they do, you could maybe use something like Antimicro to emulate keyboard inputs in your controller.
low rated
thank you it was helpful
low rated
thanks for sharing
Looks like Axis & Allies 1942 Online will be the first Beamdog game not to have the native Linux port on GOG, I asked a dev they they confirmed it was because of no Galaxy since it's a multiplayer only game.

Of course Steam has a port with cross-platform multiplayer, I'm just getting fed up of missing games or having a Linux port with no multiplayer at all.

I don't even like AAA shooter games, I just want to play Barony (no multiplayer on on GOG version while Steam Linux users can play with Nintendo Switch players as well as Epic Games) and Heroes of Hammwatch (no native port on GOG).
Post edited November 12, 2021 by Frogmancer
low rated
2.Asking for help (info is *usually* already available somewhere, asking people to hand it over to you on a silver plate is usually a rude way of saying you don't care about others' time and you don't want to actually put your own effort into finding what's already available)

I don't really agree with that statement when we are here to help each other....your time must be more precious than others lol
low rated
Andy_Mac87: 2.Asking for help (info is *usually* already available somewhere, asking people to hand it over to you on a silver plate is usually a rude way of saying you don't care about others' time and you don't want to actually put your own effort into finding what's already available)

I don't really agree with that statement when we are here to help each other....your time must be more precious than others lol
Thank you for illustrating the point. Your response is common among linux users and is probably the best example of why Microsoft and apple stay on top.

The level of ignorance for a group of supposedly smart people is astounding as it is perplexing.

Try to understand new users cannot know the questions they need to ask, let alone the answers to questions they are ignorant of. It would be as responsible by comparison to giving a chimp a loaded revolver and expecting them not to be self destructive. Then being abusive by saying, "well all it had to do was.....".

Greatest thing about linux is freedom. But since nobody takes up the mantle to explain and to actu
ly help others. The mess that it is , is not going to be overcome with rude behavior and hostile attitude toward people who know nothing about it.

This is not about your specific remark either. My comment is directed at ALL linux users that behave this way and instead of proving my point further. How about being constructive and go find something to make more intuitive and clear to the public. No response necessary. But feel free to be belittling and more abusive to others. Microsoft enjoys the behavior of linux elites.
Post edited November 18, 2021 by ChuckBeaver
ChuckBeaver: Thank you for illustrating the point. Your response is common among linux users and is probably the best example of why Microsoft and apple stay on top.

The level of ignorance for a group of supposedly smart people is astounding as it is perplexing.
I doubt Andy_Mac87 is using Linux, so you are missing the point. Plus MS and Apple have tons of money to control the market, so your second point that they somehow control it because of Linux community is wrong as well.
Post edited November 18, 2021 by shmerl
low rated
ChuckBeaver: Thank you for illustrating the point. Your response is common among linux users and is probably the best example of why Microsoft and apple stay on top.

shmerl: I doubt Andy_Mac87 is using Linux, so you are missing the point. Plus MS and Apple have tons of money to control the market, so your second point that they somehow control it because of Linux community is wrong as well.
Trolling me is not helping.
Anyone know how to swap the WASD keys with the arrow keys? I was letting my kid play with the keyboard and he did it somehow but I can't ask him because he's only one! I don't know if it's a Linux thing (Debian) or a keyboard thing (ADX) but searching only seems to get answers for how to do it on Windows anyway.