It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ganni1987: If there's no solution until next week I'll try and get a refund, have wasted too much time on it.
Do you actually see the effect of that add-on in the game though? If yes, then it shouldn't matter if there are no additional files, may be they updated the base game itself?
Ganni1987: The DLC only installs a couple of files named "goggame-1329787908.db" and "goggame-1329787908.info".
I don’t know this specific game, but I’ve already seen some where the .info file is what is used to unlock DLC content.
Ganni1987: If there's no solution until next week I'll try and get a refund, have wasted too much time on it.
shmerl: Do you actually see the effect of that add-on in the game though? If yes, then it shouldn't matter if there are no additional files, may be they updated the base game itself?
For the "Bloody Mess" DLC there's nothing to indicate that it is actually installed. For the pre-order items I cannot confirm as I didn't bother to play that far. These devs have left such a bad taste that I won't bother to play it until it's properly patched.....that is until I request a refund which in that case the game can go to hell.

They don't seem to care about GOG users much and the fact they listed "Added DLC support to Linux GOG version" almost 2 months later is proof enough of that. Ironically that DLC is still not available. It's ridiculous to even put pre-order DLC and it's not available on release, maybe they should have called it Post-Order DLC.

If I was asked how to describe these devs with 1 word I would say "Unprofessional".

- Rambling mode off :)
Post edited November 19, 2018 by Ganni1987
I am using Mint 18.2. I am trying to get the zombiesite demo working. Even getting it to install was tricky. I had to go to the Mint chat help to learn to point the directory to the game in terminal and type "sudo chmod 777 yourfile name". Since I could find no instructions that worked from the game or in gog help.

Now it's saying "./Zombasite: error while loading shared libraries: libopenal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" But there is a libopenal installed
myconv: Now it's saying "./Zombasite: error while loading shared libraries: libopenal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" But there is a libopenal installed
May be it's 32-bit?

To confirm, do:

file Zombasite
Post edited November 20, 2018 by shmerl
shmerl huh? I don't know what you said.

OK I bought the game Shadowrun Dragonfall and had the same issues (different missing file complaint) in installing and running them.

Instructions for installation.
Open up a terminal. put CD and then drop the folder of or enter the address where the download is residing. Enter.
Now your terminal address should be pointed to your download location.
sudo chmod 777 file name. I choose rename and then at rename window copy past its name into terminal. This command apparently gives total permission for the install, but we all trust GOG, right?

For running the install....

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
This I think installs a bunch of old 32bit file versions These games are too old for my 64bit system without them, It's a two hundred some mb install so alot more files than I probably need.

I would point out that GOGs installation instructions suck/don't work, the download comes with no installation instructions. You have to look them up on the website, and those don't work. Well to be accurate the download sort of comes with installation instructions, if you open the file as a word file to see its instructions it says some commented out instructions for installation. Two problems with that, it tries to load the whole file, putting hundreds of MB(almost 2gb in the case of Shadowrunner Dragonfall) into memory or whatever takes forever and doesn't allow copy paste in the mean time. These instructions should totally be in a separate read me file!!!! And secondly, these instructions when manually followed without copy paste, DON'T WORK! To be specific, it isn't at all specific. It says some vague shit about marking the file as installable or some shit without explaining how to do that, and no one in Mint help knew of anything like that anyway.

And it's installations should include all necessary dependencies, which it doesn't!

Such a far cry from Steams choose install and go. It's one thing to not have a install client that works with Linux, but these issues with install and run otherwise and lack of working instructions are shameful IMO.
Post edited November 21, 2018 by myconv
myconv: (…)
If you have difficulties installing your GOG games on Linux Mint, you might want to give a try to ./play.it. This software aims to provide easy and automated installations, so you won’t have to track down dependencies by yourself.

You can try it with Shadowrun Dragonfall so you’ll see if it helps you gaming without wasting time on game installations.
myconv: Since I could find no instructions that worked from the game or in gog help.
let's have a look in the GOG support center :)

I cannot run the .sh installer or start.sh file, help!

The file might be not marked as an executable. To change this, run terminal and navigate to the file's directory. Now execute the following command:

For example, for Stargunner installer:

chmod +x gog_stargunner_2.0.0.1.sh

Then start it by typing:

./gog_stargunner_2.0.0.1.sh
Some games come with a 32-bit binary only. What does this mean?

A 32-bit application requires a matching set of 32-bit libraries, therefore it might be necessary to install additional packages from repositories.

A list of required libraries for each game will always be available in the requirements section of the gamecard.

If you want to install most required libraries ahead of time, you can do so by performing the following commands in the terminal (enter your user password to unlock root privileges):

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install libc6:i386 libasound2:i386 libasound2-data:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386
How do I install additional libraries listed on the game product card?

Open the terminal and type:
sudo apt-get install <insert_library_name>

For example:
sudo apt-get install libc6:i386
so, which libraries does Zombasite require?

(under System requirements:)
Requires libopenal1:i386 and dependencies,This game comes with a 32-bit binary only
=> all you need is:
sudo apt-get install libopenal1:i386

likewise you will find for Shadowrun: Dragonfall:

Requires libc6:i386 libasound2:i386 libasound2-data:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libx11-6:i386 libxau6:i386 libxcb1:i386 libxcursor1:i386 libxdmcp6:i386 libxext6:i386 libxfixes3:i386 libxinerama1:i386 libxrandr2:i386 libxrender1:i386 libglu1:i386 libqtgui4:i386 and its dependencies, this game comes with a 32-bit binary only
Which of these install instructions were wrong or didn't work for you? They seem to be correct as far as I can tell.

Not sure if making a readme available, that the user has to download separately would work that well.
But there definitely could be a link to the relevant help pages right next to the download links (at least on Linux).
Post edited November 21, 2018 by immi101
myconv: shmerl huh? I don't know what you said.
What Shmerl meant is, if you go in the game's location open up a terminal and type "file ./name_of_game_exe" it will print out information what type of file it is, 32 or 64 bit. :-)

-----

I understand you're a bit new and possibly confused to how Linux works, I'll try to explain as best as I can. In Linux any file can be marked as an executable and nowadays you can simply right click > properties > permissions > "Allow executing as program" (or similarly worded), no need for command line.

In Mint, installing libraries can done with a GUI program, I suggest using the package manager called 'Synaptic' as it's less fancy but simple and easy to understand / install new libraries. You will not have to install new libraries with every game either, many of them use the same ones and some even come with them bundled out of the box. I haven't needed to install any new ones for my games in months now.

Steam's "install and go" is that way because the client comes packed with it's own set of libraries and is shared by all games. Technically GOG can do this even without Galaxy, but this would add arround 400MB size PER game.

Also bundling libraries isn't a good solution, for example if they take library "libxyz12.so" from Ubuntu 16.04 and bundle it with a game, those on Ubuntu 18.04 may run into issues and will have to remove the bundled one and force the game to use system provided one in order to run the game.

I hope you find this information useful.

EDIT: Quick background about Linux Mint, up until 18.1 the Mint team provided 32bit support out of the box in the 64bit ISO which personally I found it very helpful to beginners. It's a shame they stopped doing it, and now installing 32bit support requires a little extra work.
Post edited November 23, 2018 by Ganni1987
myconv: shmerl huh? I don't know what you said.
As Ganni1987 explained, it's a way to check if the game is 32-bit or 64-bit. To run 32-bit games on 64-bit system, you need to have needed 32-bit dependencies installed.
I'm replaying The Dwarves by King Art, and so far the update looks good, but I noticed that the game shows system cursor as soon as it gets into the main menu from the loading screen, and it stays that way. Could be Unity bug. Does anyone know how to fix it?
I'm considering to start playing one windows-only game (Age of Decadence), and it has both 64 and 32 bit installations...

Any experience which one to favour for wine, is 64b known to be bugged more (I mean the wine experience, not necessarily the particular game experience)? I'm tempted to go 64b as in linux everything is 64b for decade+, but then again the windows world is still full of 32b binaries and 64b being sort of experimental stuff? Or did it mature already also in MS world?
ped7g: Any experience which one to favour for wine, is 64b known to be bugged more
No. 64-bit Wine should be the default, unless you have some special reason for 32-bit. Wine is usually built as WoW64.
Post edited December 12, 2018 by shmerl
ped7g: Any experience which one to favour for wine, is 64b known to be bugged more
shmerl: No. 64-bit Wine should be the default, unless you have some special reason for 32-bit. Wine is usually built as WoW64.
I meant the game installer itself... but meanwhile the wine itself suggested something about preferring 32b, so in the end I downloaded both installers, and will try 32b first. Although I think the wine itself (binary used) is 64b, even when WINEARCH is 32? Naah, I don't even want to know, this is the very reason (wine configuration + amount of extra packages installed) why I stopped buying non-linux games and why I use wine only when absolutely no other way is possible and I really must play *that* game, which now happens super rarely.

But I'm actually trying it on latest KDE neon distro (it's based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS), which dropped i386 architecture completely, and while most of the 32b linux game seems to work ok after adding the architecture back and installing 32b versions of those libraries from Ubuntu repo, the wine itself is already problematic and I had to downgrade one package ("libblkid1") and hold it on older version to avoid broken dependencies. Seems like this will quickly turn into mess over next year or two (after few more packages will divert and would report "broken" when old i386 is installed alongside), so I will probably have to use some VM and older distro next time, to have 32b wine available. Not looking forward to it (I have now Win10 due to one particular work project in qemu, and it simply doesn't work, it's so slow, clunky, stupid... I guess at least some of that must be due to virtualization, because I can't imagine somebody would use that OS on his own HW, if it would be half-way bad like it is in that VM).
ped7g: I meant the game installer itself..
Surely choose 64-bit version, if you have an option.