It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

@Gekko_Dekko

Hmm,

I have been playig TQ (both "classic" and AE) with C2Ds, C2Qs, PhIIX4, and Ryzens (and nVidia 8800GTS to AMD Fury GPUs) and on every system there were some issues with slight stutter. (Even reproducible at specific points of the map.)

If that 's not the case on your system(s) you can consider yourself lucky! :-)
Maybe we are talking about different things... (But this is OT in this thread)
Post edited June 08, 2018 by diegozone3000
Has anyone running AMD open drivers been able to get Sphinx & the curse of the Mummy to work in Ubuntu 18.04?
Hi there, I just bought and installed Trine 2 on Ubuntu 18.04, but I can't launch it.
When launching from the applications menu, nothing happens, neither when executing the start.sh file.
When launching the start.sh file from a terminal, I get this message:

louis@louis-laptop-ubuntu:/media/louis/DATA/Ubuntu-games/Trine 2 Complete Story$ ./start.sh
Running Trine 2: Complete Story
nohup: redirection de la sortie d'erreur standard vers la sortie standard

Which in english means "nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout".

I'm pretty sure I've installed all the dependencies. I don't know how to fix this.

Thanks in advance!
BassLH: Hi there, I just bought and installed Trine 2 on Ubuntu 18.04, but I can't launch it.
You might want to give a try to ./play.it alternative installation method. If it doesn’t work for you, please post in the linked thread and we’ll find a way to update the script so it works out-of-the-box on Ubuntu 18.04.
BassLH: Hi there, I just bought and installed Trine 2 on Ubuntu 18.04, but I can't launch it.
When launching from the applications menu, nothing happens, neither when executing the start.sh file.
When launching the start.sh file from a terminal, I get this message:

louis@louis-laptop-ubuntu:/media/louis/DATA/Ubuntu-games/Trine 2 Complete Story$ ./start.sh
Running Trine 2: Complete Story
nohup: redirection de la sortie d'erreur standard vers la sortie standard

Which in english means "nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout".

I'm pretty sure I've installed all the dependencies. I don't know how to fix this.

Thanks in advance!
you can try and run the executable directly, instead of the script, which (hopefully) will give some more output to the terminal.
from the directory where you have installed the game do the following in a terminal:

cd game
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib/lib32/ ./bin/trine2_linux_32bit
//edit:
hmm, apparently it's not starting on my PC as well. Though I see the loading bar for a split second before the game terminates. But no further error messages. That's weird, it definitely worked in the past.

//edit2:
eh, trying to run the game under gdb gives me this

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib/lib32/ gdb ./bin/trine2_linux_32bit
(gdb) run
[...]
Thread 1 "trine2_linux_32" received signal SIGTERM, Terminated.
0xf7fd5b09 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) bt
#0 0xf7fd5b09 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1 0xf6db582b in poll () from /lib32/libc.so.6
#2 0xf6a8e84d in ?? () from /usr/lib32/libxcb.so.1
#3 0xf6a90703 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/libxcb.so.1
#4 0xf6a90948 in xcb_wait_for_reply64 () from /usr/lib32/libxcb.so.1
#5 0xf6aebe81 in _XReply () from /usr/lib32/libX11.so.6
#6 0xf6ae75af in XSync () from /usr/lib32/libX11.so.6
#7 0xf7ce7d5a in XSync () from lib/lib32/libSDL-1.3.so.0
#8 0xf7ceed6b in X11_GL_CreateContext () from lib/lib32/libSDL-1.3.so.0
#9 0xf7ce0da4 in SDL_GL_CreateContext () from lib/lib32/libSDL-1.3.so.0
#10 0xf7c265ee in SDL_SetVideoMode () from lib/lib32/libSDL-1.3.so.0
#11 0x08c30431 in ?? ()
#12 0x08c6ff5e in ?? ()
#13 0x08bf53c1 in ?? ()
#14 0x0837cb8d in ?? ()
#15 0x08d72ef0 in ?? ()
#16 0x080ad0a1 in ?? ()
#17 0xf6cd67c5 in __libc_start_main () from /lib32/libc.so.6
#18 0x080c1cad in ?? ()
I wonder if it is their custom SDL fork that screws things up ...

//edit3:
works in windowed mode. look for the config under ~/.frozenbyte/trine2/options.txt and set
setOption(renderingModule, "Windowed", true)
can also set WindowTitleBar to false for a better look
Post edited June 11, 2018 by immi101
immi101: from the directory where you have installed the game do the following in a terminal:

cd game
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib/lib32/ ./bin/trine2_linux_32bit
immi101:
This is interesting, it gives me this:

./bin/trine2_linux_32bit: error while loading shared libraries: libopenal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
So I checked, but I do have libopenal installed. Maybe I just have to manually put the library in the right directory? Don't wanna break anything.

vv221: You might want to give a try to ./play.it alternative installation method. If it doesn’t work for you, please post in the linked thread and we’ll find a way to update the script so it works out-of-the-box on Ubuntu 18.04.
Thanks! For now I'd like to make it work the "regular" way, but if I can't I sure will look at your method.
BassLH: So I checked, but I do have libopenal installed.
Are you sure the 32-bit version of this package is installed?
You can check this with 'apt policy libopenal1:i386'.
vv221: Are you sure the 32-bit version of this package is installed?
You were right! After installing 3 or 4 more 32-bit libraries I can get the game to start.
However, it's only working with your method "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib/lib32/ ./bin/trine2_linux_32bit", I still get the same "nohup" error with the classic launcher.
I guess I'm ok with it since the game seems to work, but if someone knows how to do it just by clicking on the icon in the app menu it would be even better!
Thanks a lot for your help.
vv221: Are you sure the 32-bit version of this package is installed?
BassLH: You were right! After installing 3 or 4 more 32-bit libraries I can get the game to start.
However, it's only working with your method "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib/lib32/ ./bin/trine2_linux_32bit", I still get the same "nohup" error with the classic launcher.
I guess I'm ok with it since the game seems to work, but if someone knows how to do it just by clicking on the icon in the app menu it would be even better!
Thanks a lot for your help.
the classic launcher(ie start.sh) doesn't launch './bin/trine2_linux_32bit', but './bin/trine2_linux_launcher_32bit' (*). That is a small GUI tool that allows you to change the game graphic settings before actually launching the game.
that tool has a number of additional dependencies: libpng12-0:i386, libgtk2.0-0:i386 and libuuid1:i386 (i think)
you can try and run the tool directly with the above method to see what's missing
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib/lib32/ ./bin/trine2_linux_launcher_32bit
if you want to avoid the launcher and start the game directly by clicking on the icon, you can open the file 'game/trine2.sh' in a text editor, go to the last line and change "trine2_linux_launcher_32bit" to "trine2_linux_32bit".

don't worry about the "nohup" error, it's just a harmless warning message due an oversight in the launching script.
in fact, if you want you can get rid of it entirely. When editing 'game/trine2.sh' change the last line to just
./bin/trine2_linux_32bit
(it is really annoying (and imho stupid) that the game starts itself via 'nohup' as it prevents the user from seeing any error messages)

(*) technically the start sequence is:
start.sh => game/trine2.sh => game/bin/trine2_linux_launcher_32bit => game/bin/trine2_bin_starter.sh => game/bin/trine2_linux_32bit
immi101: you can try and run the tool directly with the above method to see what's missing

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib/lib32/ ./bin/trine2_linux_launcher_32bit
immi101:
Worked perfectly! I installed all the missing dependencies and now I can launch it from the icon.
Again, thanks a lot!
I'd also like a word from GOG about the installer issue. I'd rather not waste my money buying games that (would otherwise work in Wine but) cannot be extracted in Linux.
Nguy_n___c_H_nh: I'd also like a word from GOG about the installer issue. I'd rather not waste my money buying games that (would otherwise work in Wine but) cannot be extracted in Linux.
the next version of innoextract will have support for the new installers.
you can already download and test the release candidate

//edit: scratch that, the new version was already released 2 days ago.
Post edited June 14, 2018 by immi101
could someone please update the mount & blade warband installer to work on ubuntu 18.04?
Just in case nobody mentioned this yet.

Today I found out about an open source project called SDLPoP, as the name suggests, this is an SDL port of the Original Prince of Persia.

Github page here: https://github.com/NagyD/SDLPoP

As a PoP fan I'm happy this game is now open source and fully compatible with modern OS's. Compiling on Linux takes a few seconds and runs flawlessly.
I'm having these same installer problems on Linux Mint 19 with Trine 2 and Mount & Blade.