It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Babaorheum: No Sudden Strike 4 Linux version on GoG because we don't have Galaxy.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH GOG !!!
So it's another confirmed case of this?

Do you have a link to developers saying that Galaxy prevented them from releasing the Linux version here?
Post edited August 11, 2017 by shmerl
Babaorheum: No Sudden Strike 4 Linux version on GoG because we don't have Galaxy.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH GOG !!!
shmerl: So it's another confirmed case of this?

Do you have a link to developers saying that Galaxy prevented them from releasing the Linux version here?
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/some-thoughts-on-the-new-strategy-game-sudden-strike-4.10130
Ah, thanks I missed that article. I'll update the thread.
shmerl: Ah, thanks I missed that article. I'll update the thread.
Chicken and the egg problem strikes again.
king_mosiah: Chicken and the egg problem strikes again.
That problem was always here. Solution is also known, everyone needs to put effort into pushing Linux gaming forward. GOG not doing it enough is the problem in this case.
Post edited August 20, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: That problem was always here. Solution is also known, everyone needs to put effort into pushing Linux gaming forward. GOG not doing it enough is the problem in this case.
Doesn't help that a small fry like Itch managed to have an open source client with Linux support.
Post edited August 20, 2017 by king_mosiah
So, GOG release of Vikings - Wolves of Midgard for Linux is borked after all :(.
Developers of Ruiner game have some troubles with Linux release.

Please vote here to show your interest.
I don't know how many people follow the game specific forum so I add a reference here in the hope someone has an idea how I could extract the soundtrack archives from The Witcher 1 on Linux.
eiii: I don't know how many people follow the game specific forum so I add a reference here in the hope someone has an idea how I could extract the soundtrack archives from The Witcher 1 on Linux.
I thought Witcher 1 just uses a bunch of ogg/vorbis files, so there is no need to extract anything.

A map of files to named tracks would be useful though.
Post edited September 24, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: I thought Witcher 1 just uses a bunch of ogg/vorbis files, so there is no need to extract anything.

A map of files to named tracks would be useful though.
That at least would be a fallback. It still would be nice to have access to the lossless FLAC files.

I assume you also own The Witcher 1. Can you extract the soundtrack archives (the_witcher_sound_track_flac.zip, The_Witcher_soundtrack.zip) on your Linux system or do you get the same errors?

I can extract all other goodies from The Witcher 1 and also all other zip files I got from GOG. Only the two files above fail to extract.
Post edited September 24, 2017 by eiii
eiii: I assume you also own The Witcher 1. Can you extract the soundtrack archives (the_witcher_sound_track_flac.zip, The_Witcher_soundtrack.zip) on your Linux system or do you get the same errors?
Yes, I can extract them just fine using unzip without any issues. What are md5sums of your files? I suspect they got corrupted when you downloaded them.
shmerl: Yes, I can extract them just fine using unzip without any issues. What are md5sums of your files? I suspect they got corrupted when you downloaded them.
9218bdeba55ecf5b827c8a75c16cfe20 the_witcher_sound_track_flac.zip
9d9d44a8c506cceaf51c8d71abd1e8c1 The_Witcher_soundtrack.zip
eiii: 9218bdeba55ecf5b827c8a75c16cfe20 the_witcher_sound_track_flac.zip
9d9d44a8c506cceaf51c8d71abd1e8c1 The_Witcher_soundtrack.zip
That looks wrong. here are mine:

e1dfe61abbf0c7e6d00f0cbecf545858 the_witcher_sound_track_flac.zip
a55a0b31241df43e8c22659e7e400459 The_Witcher_soundtrack.zip

Re-download them using lgogdownloader. I wish GOG would also provide checksums on the download pages.
shmerl: That looks wrong. here are mine:

e1dfe61abbf0c7e6d00f0cbecf545858 the_witcher_sound_track_flac.zip
a55a0b31241df43e8c22659e7e400459 The_Witcher_soundtrack.zip

Re-download them using lgogdownloader. I wish GOG would also provide checksums on the download pages.
Meh, I already had checked the files against my local checksums, but did not re-download them. Should have done the obvious on my own.
I don't think the files have been corrupted during the download, I rather assume they already have been broken on GOG's side at that time...

Problem solved. Thank you!