It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

king_mosiah: Seems to be a DRI3 problem. Could you try 'LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=1' with OpenJK?
Yes, it helps indeed!
Post edited July 04, 2017 by shmerl
king_mosiah: Seems to be a DRI3 problem. Could you try 'LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=1' with OpenJK?
shmerl: Yes, it helps indeed!
Seems this is getting fixed in a patch soon-ish. Nice to be able to keep track of this stuff thanks to OSS drivers.
king_mosiah: Seems this is getting fixed in a patch soon-ish. Nice to be able to keep track of this stuff thanks to OSS drivers.
That's one of the bonuses of switching to Mesa from Nvidia blob ;)
king_mosiah: Seems this is getting fixed in a patch soon-ish. Nice to be able to keep track of this stuff thanks to OSS drivers.
shmerl: That's one of the bonuses of switching to Mesa from Nvidia blob ;)
Now if we could just get HMDI/Displayport audio working...
To Yooka-Laylee owners:

If you're experiencing odd graphical issues such as the picture attached, here's a possible fix for you:

1) Go to the game's folder, open up './game/lib64' and remove all the libSDL2 files / symlinks.

2) Install the libSDL2 library from your distro's repository.

This for me has resolved any graphical issues I had with the game.
Attachments:
Post edited July 12, 2017 by Ganni1987
Ganni1987: To Yooka-Laylee owners:

If you're experiencing odd graphical issues such as the picture attached, here's a possible fix for you:

1) Go to the game's folder, open up './game/lib64' and remove all the libSDL2 files / symlinks.

2) Install the libSDL2 library from your distro's repository.

This for me has resolved any graphical issues I had with the game.
This reminds me, I've been meaning to ask, anyone know how well Yooka-Laylee is working with open source drivers and FX CPUs?
I have recently installed the latest version of Wine after trying the old version available from Software Manager and both versions refuse to start Steam after installing Steam.

I'm using Linux Mint 18.2 and any help would be appreciated.
vidsgame: I have recently installed the latest version of Wine after trying the old version available from Software Manager and both versions refuse to start Steam after installing Steam.

That's a recent Wine regression (or Steam regression). I suppose it will be addressed by Wine developers at some point. As GOG users, we don't need to worry about that one though ;)
Post edited July 14, 2017 by shmerl
vidsgame: I have recently installed the latest version of Wine after trying the old version available from Software Manager and both versions refuse to start Steam after installing Steam.

shmerl: That's a recent Wine regression (or Steam regression). I suppose it will be addressed by Wine developers at some point. As GOG users, we don't need to worry about that one though ;)
That's true. My GOG games are fine. It's the Steam-exclusives that are the problem.

So how old do I have to go back into...there's no stopping Steam from auto-updating, so there's no way I could even use an old version. Nevermind. Darn. I had some games I wanted to play. I actually did find quite a few DRM-Free Steam games but I still need that dang client to download them. Unfortunately, Steam would neither work on Windows nor is it working in Wine currently. Only on my laptop, my Desktop is perfect.

I'm just trying to download Windows games to run on Windows in the end but without the client working on either system there's little I could do.
vidsgame: That's true. My GOG games are fine. It's the Steam-exclusives that are the problem.
Why do you need WINE for Steam games? I thought it was native. Did I miss something?
vidsgame: That's true. My GOG games are fine. It's the Steam-exclusives that are the problem.
Alm888: Why do you need WINE for Steam games? I thought it was native. Did I miss something?
To play windows games that are available only on steam
Alm888: Why do you need WINE for Steam games? I thought it was native. Did I miss something?
te_lanus: To play windows games that are available only on steam
Ah! That's why! Sorry. I thought Steam-client suddenly have become WINE-wrapped.

But… Where is the GOG in all of this? Questions regarding Steam client or WINE should probally go to , [url=https://forum.winehq.org/]forum, relevant Gamingonlinux forum or somewhere in the Steamcommunity.
vidsgame: So how old do I have to go back into...there's no stopping Steam from auto-updating, so there's no way I could even use an old version. Nevermind. Darn. I had some games I wanted to play. I actually did find quite a few DRM-Free Steam games but I still need that dang client to download them.
Use the Linux version of SteamCMD. (the scriptable, headless Steam client intended for installing and updating dedicated/headless server binaries.)

It can download anything you've already redeemed with the regular client and you can override its platform detection.

Here's the cleaned-up version of a wrapper script I wrote.

(I used to it grab the ScummVM resources for a couple of games that weren't in a Humble Bundle download listing but were provided by the associated Steam key I redeemed as a backup proof of purchase... though I'm still watching the local used games shop's "$6 or 3 for $15" CD bin for a copy that can satisfy my definition of "owned".)
Post edited July 14, 2017 by ssokolow

the next wine version 2.13 (coming next Friday) will have this fixed
see this bug report

it is already fixed in the latest wine-staging release (2.12) from this week.
te_lanus: To play windows games that are available only on steam
Alm888: Ah! That's why! Sorry. I thought Steam-client suddenly have become WINE-wrapped.

But… Where is the GOG in all of this? Questions regarding Steam client or WINE should probally go to , [url=https://forum.winehq.org/]forum, relevant Gamingonlinux forum or somewhere in the Steamcommunity.
Actually it has nothing to do with GOG, so you're right. I just saw the "General Linux FAQ..." thing and thought it was okay to post something I was trying to troubleshoot. Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. I have somehow botched my Windows installation and I'm waiting for a backup solution (I'm outta space - cloud and otherwise). So I'm using Linux as a workaround because Steam no longer works. I've have spent days trying to get it to work on Windows before using Mint as a workaround.

Everything is good, except I wanted to use Wine to download Steam games. I have also tried (trying?) PlayOnLinux. It's my second day trying to get Steam to run via Wine but nothing works, then I'll just settle for the Linux version of Steam until that Wine regression? is fixed. Also, I usually stay away from betas or unstable versions of anything.

Since I prefer GUI and have already messed things up greatly using the terminal in Mint already, I think I'll just stick to Interfaces rather than dwelling anymore into command lines. I'm already registered here, so I thought I might as well ask here. I have searched other places before asking here and have just registered this question in the Steam forums as well.

Thank you for the help, guys.
Post edited July 15, 2017 by vidsgame