It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GR00T: I assume this is US only?
It does work in Canada as well. I trialed Amazon Prime for 30 days, and that got me Twitch Prime. When I cancelled my trial, they gave me another 30 days for free.

The games are Windows only, and downloaded / installed through the Twitch client. I can't state what the DRM situation is, because I haven't installed any of them. I don't have Windows, and I couldn't get the Twitch client working reliably enough in WINE to actually install anything.

[Edit] I was really hoping that you would eventually just get a steam key from the twitch client or something, because several of their "free" games have Linux versions, but it doesn't appear that there is anyway to get a Linux version from the Prime deal.

I'll still cancel though. Without the free games, it just isn't worth it to me. The only other thing going for Prime is the free 2 day shipping, but for me, in a rural area, the free 2 day shipping is actually free 4-6 day shipping. I can pretty much get that from Amazon if I spend $35 without having Prime.
Post edited July 03, 2018 by hummer010
GR00T: I assume this is US only?
hummer010: It does work in Canada as well. I trialed Amazon Prime for 30 days, and that got me Twitch Prime. When I cancelled my trial, they gave me another 30 days for free.

The games are Windows only, and downloaded / installed through the Twitch client. I can't state what the DRM situation is, because I haven't installed any of them. I don't have Windows, and I couldn't get the Twitch client working reliably enough in WINE to actually install anything.

[Edit] I was really hoping that you would eventually just get a steam key from the twitch client or something, because several of their "free" games have Linux versions, but it doesn't appear that there is anyway to get a Linux version from the Prime deal.
Ah, interesting, thanks. Guess I'll probably pass (was hoping to snag Tyranny later in the month). Don't want to bother with another client or try to figure out what the DRM is. Cheers.
hummer010: I'll still cancel though. Without the free games, it just isn't worth it to me. The only other thing going for Prime is the free 2 day shipping, but for me, in a rural area, the free 2 day shipping is actually free 4-6 day shipping. I can pretty much get that from Amazon if I spend $35 without having Prime.
Yeah, I can see it wouldn't be worth it in that circumstance. I live in suburbia, so free two-day also sometimes means free same-day. Well worth it for that alone, IMO. Then there's Prime Video which, while the selection isn't the best, does offer some things I'm interested in. haven't tried the music yet, but will likely get to that at some point as well.
Post edited July 03, 2018 by GR00T
I hadn't looked at it too closely before, and only spent a few minutes on it now - but it appears you need a 'Twitch Prime' membership, and even if you're an Amazon Prime member you would need to pay separately for the Twitch membership?
bler144: I hadn't looked at it too closely before, and only spent a few minutes on it now - but it appears you need a 'Twitch Prime' membership, and even if you're an Amazon Prime member you would need to pay separately for the Twitch membership?
No. If you have Amazon Prime, you just need to make a Twitch account and connect your Amazon Prime account. You do not pay extra to Twitch.
Yeah, the only reason I got in on it is because my wife has an Amazon Prime account. She told me about the free games through Twitch, so I used her account to create a Twitch account, too, and installed the client on my PC. It works fine as long as I remember to keep Twitch linked to her Amazon account :)

You need the client to download the games, but as near as I can tell they're DRM-free once you have them installed. I've played both Superhot and Maldita Castilla EX without ever using the client and other people have said similar things about other games offered (the only times I use the client are to download the games or to watch some Game Center CX on a channel I found).
bler144: I hadn't looked at it too closely before, and only spent a few minutes on it now - but it appears you need a 'Twitch Prime' membership, and even if you're an Amazon Prime member you would need to pay separately for the Twitch membership?
Luned: No. If you have Amazon Prime, you just need to make a Twitch account and connect your Amazon Prime account. You do not pay extra to Twitch.
Thanks!

I created an account and logged in - it does require using the Twitch app as noted to DL.
Mandated DL destination is a subfolder of the app - so not looking good DRM wise.
DL speed through the app is suuuuper slow: POE estimated DL time = 1 hour.

I'm not going to do too much monkeying, but when it downloads I'll see if I can play with the internet cable unplugged.
andysheets1975: Twitch is doing their monthly free games giveaway (well, "free" - you have to be an Amazon/Twitch Prime member to claim them), and the twist is that they're giving away 21 games throughout the month:

Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition: July 2-4
Metal Slug 3: July 3 - August 2
The Last Blade: July 3 - August 2
Twinkle Star Sprites: July 3 - August 2
Q.U.B.E. 2: July 3-4
Battle Chef Brigade: July 4-11
Manual Samuel: July 5-12
Gonner: July 6-13
Next Up Hero: July 7-14
Uurnog Uurnlimited: July 8-14
Hue: July 9-15
Deponia Doomsday: July 10-16
Observer: July 11-17
Tacoma: July 12-18
The Bridge: July 13-26
Brutal Legend: July 14-27
The Red Strings Club: July 15-21
Tyranny: July 16-18
Broken Age: July 17-31
The Framed Collection: July 18-31
Serial Cleaner: July 18-31

PoE is already up but the other listed July 3 games don't seem to have gone up as of this time.
What are Twitch prime requirements for signing up? I can't sign up. :(
andysheets1975: Twitch is doing their monthly free games giveaway (well, "free" - you have to be an Amazon/Twitch Prime member to claim them), and the twist is that they're giving away 21 games throughout the month:

Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition: July 2-4
Metal Slug 3: July 3 - August 2
The Last Blade: July 3 - August 2
Twinkle Star Sprites: July 3 - August 2
Q.U.B.E. 2: July 3-4
Battle Chef Brigade: July 4-11
Manual Samuel: July 5-12
Gonner: July 6-13
Next Up Hero: July 7-14
Uurnog Uurnlimited: July 8-14
Hue: July 9-15
Deponia Doomsday: July 10-16
Observer: July 11-17
Tacoma: July 12-18
The Bridge: July 13-26
Brutal Legend: July 14-27
The Red Strings Club: July 15-21
Tyranny: July 16-18
Broken Age: July 17-31
The Framed Collection: July 18-31
Serial Cleaner: July 18-31

PoE is already up but the other listed July 3 games don't seem to have gone up as of this time.
BeatriceElysia: What are Twitch prime requirements for signing up? I can't sign up. :(
Have an Amazon prime (don't think free trial period works) account linked to a twitch.tv account
BeatriceElysia: What are Twitch prime requirements for signing up? I can't sign up. :(
Bigs: Have an Amazon prime (don't think free trial period works) account linked to a twitch.tv account
Doesn't matter if you paid for Amazon Prime or if it's a free trial, should work in both cases. Source: I signed up last time during a free trial to get Shadow Tactics. ;)
Bigs: Have an Amazon prime (don't think free trial period works) account linked to a twitch.tv account
Leroux: Doesn't matter if you paid for Amazon Prime or if it's a free trial, should work in both cases. Source: I signed up last time during a free trial to get Shadow Tactics. ;)
ok question about twitch prime in the end does it net steam keys or are they DRM free downloads? I have twitch prime but also have mac and it seems one requirement is you have to use windows ;-(
vidsgame: ...

Limited-time offer until July 1, 1 PM UTC.
MadalinStroe: This would have been a historical low for The Witness on GOG. Are you sure this is correct? I missed it, and just now noticed your post.
Yes, it is indeed. Here's the official newsletter I got in the email: https://www.gog.com/newsletter/20180628_nl_after_party_en.
cecil: ok question about twitch prime in the end does it net steam keys or are they DRM free downloads? I have twitch prime but also have mac and it seems one requirement is you have to use windows ;-(
Appears to be windows only download.

:sadpenguin:
Post edited July 03, 2018 by hummer010
cecil: ok question about twitch prime in the end does it net steam keys or are they DRM free downloads? I have twitch prime but also have mac and it seems one requirement is you have to use windows ;-(
I think neither, they have their own (supposedly DRM-ed) client. And from what others already posted in here, I gather it is indeed Windows only.
Post edited July 03, 2018 by Leroux
Humble drops a zero again.

They haven't had a games bundle in a month. June 5th was the last one.
yogsloth: Humble drops a zero again.

They haven't had a games bundle in a month. June 5th was the last one.
I wonder if they are going monthly only? I wouldn't mind but for the fact that you can't tell what you'll get and having a Mac and I don't want to collect for collecting sakes.