It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: I have the original DVD (afaik it's multi-language) if you are interested in this video I could send it to you.
That's very nice of you, thanks, but I think it's only the song and not the video. I don't know if the song can be extracted from the retail as a separate file or if it's just the video ? Is it true that the retail version is protected by Starforce ?
If there really is a copyright issue they probably aren't allowed to do this officially.
MaxFulvus: Maybe, but if Steam was allowed to include it in the store after the removal of the song, why not GOG ?
I meant that GOG probably woul not be allowed to restore the intro if they would sell the game here (which was your initial request if I understood correctly). So if GOG would sell it here it would still include the same intro with the removed song.
spoderman: It's a video, you can't just copy/replace a song since it's tied to the video. I forgot the whole process involved but by the time I was done replacing the game files I felt like the hassle wasn't worth it for a short video.
I see, such a pity to cut off a game for copyright issues, but it's not the first (and the last) time, unfortunately.
IndieGala | Friday Special #55 Bundle of Steam games

$1 or more to get these amazing Steam games:

BALLOON Saga (STEAM) + Trading Cards
IsoBoom (STEAM)
Battlegun (STEAM)

$3.49 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get ALL 10 STEAM GAMES:

Domain Defense (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Autumn Night 3D Shooter (STEAM)
Vanilla Bagel: The Roguelike (STEAM)
Brick Battalion (STEAM)
Squish and the Corrupted Crystal (STEAM)
Equalizer (STEAM)
Into the Belly of the Beast (STEAM)

=============================================
And a new IndieGala Giveaway:

Cobi Treasure Deluxe
Post edited September 01, 2017 by gixgox
The contents for September's Humble Monthly Bundle have just been revealed. The games are:

Killing Floor 2 (Early Unlock)
Banner Saga 2
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Worms W.M.D.
Stories Untold
HackyZack
Eterium
Volantia: Kingdom in the Sky (Humble Original)

Next month's Early Unlock is Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Grargar: The contents for September's Humble Monthly Bundle have just been revealed. The games are:

Killing Floor 2 (Early Unlock)
Banner Saga 2
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Worms W.M.D.
Stories Untold
HackyZack
Eterium
Volantia: Kingdom in the Sky (Humble Original)

Next month's Early Unlock is Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Damn. I didn't want Killing Floor so I paused this month, but I would've really liked to have most of the rest of the bundle... :-/
Grargar: Next month's Early Unlock is Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Next month looks good. Might be worth the $12 admission price if it's the "20 year celebration edition" that includes all the DLC. Is there any way to tell if Humble is giving out this version or the base game?
BenKii: Next month looks good. Might be worth the $12 admission price if it's the "20 year celebration edition" that includes all the DLC. Is there any way to tell if Humble is giving out this version or the base game?
From posts on Twitter and Reddit, it seems to be just the base game.
BenKii: Next month looks good. Might be worth the $12 admission price if it's the "20 year celebration edition" that includes all the DLC. Is there any way to tell if Humble is giving out this version or the base game?
Grargar: From posts on Twitter and Reddit, it seems to be just the base game.
Darn! Guess I'll just keep looking for a good deal for the 20 year celebration edition.
MarkoH01: I have the original DVD (afaik it's multi-language) if you are interested in this video I could send it to you.

If there really is a copyright issue they probably aren't allowed to do this officially.
MaxFulvus: That's very nice of you, thanks, but I think it's only the song and not the video. I don't know if the song can be extracted from the retail as a separate file or if it's just the video ? Is it true that the retail version is protected by Starforce ?
I installed the game today from my original DVD. Yes, it is protected with Starforce 3 and this is not working on Win7 without a nocd patch. After applying the update patch and the nocd patch the game runs fine and as I suspected still has the original music. However in the intro video is not just music but also some dialogue localised and on my German DVD seems to be only the German and the Spanish localisation. The video itself is a simple bik file and it is basically a piece of cake to replace audio tracks using RAD Video Tools. The problem however is that I don't own the English version.

Edit: I just bought the Obscure Pack because of much better Controller support and found out that they changed the file structure completely and packed several files so replacing the video is not as easy as I thought and I don't know it it#s even possible.
Post edited September 02, 2017 by MarkoH01
Grargar: From posts on Twitter and Reddit, it seems to be just the base game.
BenKii: Darn! Guess I'll just keep looking for a good deal for the 20 year celebration edition.
Probably SQEENIX next Xmas gift bundle-thing. They were always good value (if you did not own the games already).
Post edited September 02, 2017 by dyscode
MarkoH01: Edit: I just bought the Obscure Pack because of much better Controller support and found out that they changed the file structure completely and packed several files so replacing the video is not as easy as I thought and I don't know it it#s even possible.
Hmm... It confirms what Spoderman said about the difficulty to replace the new video with the old one !

A drm question, by the way : Is Starforce installed in your computer if you use a no cd patch before to run the game for the first time ?
In other words, is Starforce installed when you install the game or when you run the game for the first time ?
MarkoH01: Edit: I just bought the Obscure Pack because of much better Controller support and found out that they changed the file structure completely and packed several files so replacing the video is not as easy as I thought and I don't know it it#s even possible.
MaxFulvus: Hmm... It confirms what Spoderman said about the difficulty to replace the new video with the old one !

A drm question, by the way : Is Starforce installed in your computer if you use a no cd patch before to run the game for the first time ?
In other words, is Starforce installed when you install the game or when you run the game for the first time ?
It said restart your PC so that the driver can be activated after installation and it does not seem to install anything after restart so I am quite sure that SF is installed during installation. BTW: The Steam version is unable to runwithout Steam but it runs fine with a steam emulator I found. Have yet to test if this also goes for the second part.
MarkoH01: It said restart your PC so that the driver can be activated after installation and it does not seem to install anything after restart so I am quite sure that SF is installed during installation. BTW: The Steam version is unable to runwithout Steam but it runs fine with a steam emulator I found. Have yet to test if this also goes for the second part.
That damm Starforce ! A Steam emulator ? To run a Steam game without Steam ? Interesting.
I just noticed with the humble jumbo the REMOVED the flame and the flood OST. not just from the for people who buy it now but even from my account what's the deal any idea?
cecil: I just noticed with the humble jumbo the REMOVED the flame and the flood OST. not just from the for people who buy it now but even from my account what's the deal any idea?
Are you sure?

I had it already and don't even see an option for OST to this game.